#1 Jordan

Jordan

Hatchling [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Locationup north

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:02 AM

Hi. So me and a friend who lives in a diffrent town, we were going to play CC online together. But evreytime we tried to connect with eachother ( on any type of game) it said group has disbanded or something simmalar to that. Any sugestions?

#2 Basilisco

Basilisco

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationNo soy de aqui

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:06 AM

Try opening your nat or something, also including things like your internet service provider, location, other stuff, might help to know what kind of problem you have

#3 Jordan

Jordan

Hatchling [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Locationup north

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:59 PM

Like i said it's a cc on the ps3 problem and i dont know how to do that on my ps3. Also just to clearify it says group is no longer avalible. I would really love help.

#4 Basilisco

Basilisco

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationNo soy de aqui

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:07 PM

Ok, good luck then
/Trying to help

#5 Guest_Chronus88_*

Guest_Chronus88_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:31 PM

The PSN version has SERIOUS connection problems.

1) Games listed when searching do not always appear, and change everytime you search (IE you search games, GamerGuy1 is hosting, you search again, his game is gone, you search again and it's back -- though it was never closed.)

2) Searching for games sometimes returns with "No games found" though there are clearly games out there, and as above in #1 the "detection" seems to be intermittent and rare, at best.

3) Accepting an invite returns "Game is no longer available." though it certainly is. Invites for many NEVER work, just google it -- there's a slew of players unable to join games.

4) Accepting an invite prompts you "Invitations detected, are you sure you want to join?" OF COURSE, it's an INVITE I selected. And hitting no to double-check will remove said invitation, forcing you to request another. Hope you have the host's cell number.

5) Trying to join a game may return with "Not enough open slots available." though you search again and the game you tried to join clearly has 3 ready and waiting.

6) Hosting a game does not mean players can see your room at all. For example, I host a public room with 2 max players (since invites don't work.) My friend searches for 2-player rooms. "No games found." Unacceptable!

7) These are not (in most cases, anyway) local connection issues. I personally have full and open PSN usage, with no port or hosting issues whatsoever with any game other than CC.

This game is totally broken and in dire need of a patch. I can't believe this made it out of Beta. You guys DID try joining a game, right!?

Anyone who doubts me can either try for themselves, or simply google. This is not an isolated incident.

Yours truly,

An exploited paying customer.

#6 SushiGummy

SushiGummy

SuperMod [NPC]

• Super Mod [NPC]
  • 4,219 posts
  • Locationmommy and daddy's house

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:34 PM

Yours truly,

Exploited? The Behemoth cares more about their customers than most game companies out there. They're a small team, they can't always get everything working right the first time.

#7 Basilisco

Basilisco

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationNo soy de aqui

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:36 PM

MEh forget it

#8 Guest_Chronus88_*

Guest_Chronus88_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:50 PM

I'm all for small companies, my favorite mmorpg for the last 8 years has been a small community of maybe 200. But this is simply unacceptable. This is so utterly and entirely broken it's a smack in the face they didn't catch/solve these issues pre-release. It's entirely unplayable online for most. Since there's not much on the web about it yet (released less than 24 hours ago) I figured I'd make a post about my dissatisfaction.

And also, I played the hell out of this game on XBL -- it's a great game and I love it, but buying it for PS3 so far has been a total failure.

#9 SushiGummy

SushiGummy

SuperMod [NPC]

• Super Mod [NPC]
  • 4,219 posts
  • Locationmommy and daddy's house

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:06 PM

I'm all for small companies, my favorite mmorpg for the last 8 years has been a small community of maybe 200. But this is simply unacceptable. This is so utterly and entirely broken it's a smack in the face they didn't catch/solve these issues pre-release. It's entirely unplayable online for most. Since there's not much on the web about it yet (released less than 24 hours ago) I figured I'd make a post about my dissatisfaction.

And also, I played the hell out of this game on XBL -- it's a great game and I love it, but buying it for PS3 so far has been a total failure.

The 360 version was pretty flawed the first time it released, too. Give them a break, they're already working on some fixes.

#10 Kong Wen

Kong Wen

Hatchling [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:26 PM

Hi guys! With all due respect, this isn't really the place to "stick up for" Behemoth. Chronus is just reporting several problems (in admirable and helpful detail) that need to be resolved in a forum that specifically asks users to point out problems with the games.

If he comes off as impatient, it's probably because, like me, he was excited to play the game with his friends and hasn't been able to. Behemoth had these same problems with the X360 version, so it's not like they should have been unknown, surprising, or even hard to deal with (having presumably been dealt with already on that system). It's reasonable to expect that this kind of problem would come up at some point during testing, so let's cut him some slack.

I just created an account here to try and see if there were others out there having the same problems as me, and Chronus has already described all of my connection issues to a T. I'll highlight the main ones, to help the devs get a sense of the scope of the problem (i.e. it's not just a few isolated people; there are a lot of people who literally can't play the game).

1. Invites are broken. I create a room and send an invite to my brother across town, and he gets the "Game is no longer available" error message. He creates a room and sends an invite to me, and I get the "Game is no longer available" message. This happens when trying to join through the in-game invite checker or through the original PSN XMB message.

2. Searching for games is broken. In addition to all of the sketchy room detection and not being able to join issues that have been mentioned above by others, we can't even create/find/join public games to get around the broken invitations. I tried creating a public 2-player room with no hidden characters so my brother could custom search those criteria, and he got no search results. The same thing happened the other way around.

I can play the single-player mode just fine, but that's only half the game. Half of a game I love. I love it, but I want to be able to play with my friends.

Since The Behemoth has already fixed and patched these exact same issues on another system, I'm really hoping they can use that knowledge and fix these problems on PSN ASAP.

#11 emil

emil

Admin [NPC]

• Admin [NPC]
  • 262 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California, United States, North America, Earth

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:49 PM

The PSN version has SERIOUS connection problems.

1) Games listed when searching do not always appear, and change everytime you search (IE you search games, GamerGuy1 is hosting, you search again, his game is gone, you search again and it's back -- though it was never closed.)

2) Searching for games sometimes returns with "No games found" though there are clearly games out there, and as above in #1 the "detection" seems to be intermittent and rare, at best.

3) Accepting an invite returns "Game is no longer available." though it certainly is. Invites for many NEVER work, just google it -- there's a slew of players unable to join games.

4) Accepting an invite prompts you "Invitations detected, are you sure you want to join?" OF COURSE, it's an INVITE I selected. And hitting no to double-check will remove said invitation, forcing you to request another. Hope you have the host's cell number.

5) Trying to join a game may return with "Not enough open slots available." though you search again and the game you tried to join clearly has 3 ready and waiting.

6) Hosting a game does not mean players can see your room at all. For example, I host a public room with 2 max players (since invites don't work.) My friend searches for 2-player rooms. "No games found." Unacceptable!

7) These are not (in most cases, anyway) local connection issues. I personally have full and open PSN usage, with no port or hosting issues whatsoever with any game other than CC.

This game is totally broken and in dire need of a patch. I can't believe this made it out of Beta. You guys DID try joining a game, right!?

Anyone who doubts me can either try for themselves, or simply google. This is not an isolated incident.

Yours truly,

Hi. Just wanted to jump in to get some clarification from your post. You mentioned, "just google it" and "there's a slew of players" unable to join games. Just wanted to see if you could post these google results you found here. I was having a difficult time finding a "slew" of posts about these issues you are having, let alone anything.

I don't think anyone is doubting your claims, but it's difficult to pinpoint issues you are having when your post is a little vague with information as to your personal network settings. You mentioned you have "full and open PSN usage" what exactly does this imply? What is your current NAT type? What is your connection type?

Thanks for the comments.

-Emil-

#12 emil

emil

Admin [NPC]

• Admin [NPC]
  • 262 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:02 PM

Hi guys! With all due respect, this isn't really the place to "stick up for" Behemoth. Chronus is just reporting several problems (in admirable and helpful detail) that need to be resolved in a forum that specifically asks users to point out problems with the games.

If he comes off as impatient, it's probably because, like me, he was excited to play the game with his friends and hasn't been able to. Behemoth had these same problems with the X360 version, so it's not like they should have been unknown, surprising, or even hard to deal with (having presumably been dealt with already on that system). It's reasonable to expect that this kind of problem would come up at some point during testing, so let's cut him some slack.

I just created an account here to try and see if there were others out there having the same problems as me, and Chronus has already described all of my connection issues to a T. I'll highlight the main ones, to help the devs get a sense of the scope of the problem (i.e. it's not just a few isolated people; there are a lot of people who literally can't play the game).

1. Invites are broken. I create a room and send an invite to my brother across town, and he gets the "Game is no longer available" error message. He creates a room and sends an invite to me, and I get the "Game is no longer available" message. This happens when trying to join through the in-game invite checker or through the original PSN XMB message.

2. Searching for games is broken. In addition to all of the sketchy room detection and not being able to join issues that have been mentioned above by others, we can't even create/find/join public games to get around the broken invitations. I tried creating a public 2-player room with no hidden characters so my brother could custom search those criteria, and he got no search results. The same thing happened the other way around.

I can play the single-player mode just fine, but that's only half the game. Half of a game I love. I love it, but I want to be able to play with my friends.

Since The Behemoth has already fixed and patched these exact same issues on another system, I'm really hoping they can use that knowledge and fix these problems on PSN ASAP.

Hi. Just wanted to jump in to help things move things along. Since these are technical issues you are talking about and not so much about what other forum members decide to write on a response, I'll stick on topic, I suggest we all try that approach that same line of thinking as well as to not go too much off course here.

"i.e it's not just a few isolated people; there are a lot of people who literally can't play the game"

This sounds like something we should investigate, since it seems you've done most of the groundwork finding all these similar issues, maybe you can help us out by posting the links you are referring to here on this post. Then we can gather all of the information you are speaking of and see if we can see some consistencies with them. I don't need a full link dump, just whatever relevant posts you have found from other sites, which if i'm understanding correctly from your post seems to be "a lot of people".

Also to help resolve your invite problem and searching for a game problem, could we get some more information as for your connection type, NAT type, any other relative information you would like to provide.

Thanks!

#13 Kong Wen

Kong Wen

Hatchling [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:38 PM

This sounds like something we should investigate, since it seems you've done most of the groundwork finding all these similar issues, maybe you can help us out by posting the links you are referring to here on this post. Then we can gather all of the information you are speaking of and see if we can see some consistencies with them. I don't need a full link dump, just whatever relevant posts you have found from other sites, which if i'm understanding correctly from your post seems to be "a lot of people".

Hi emil, thanks for your ready willingness to jump in and help! That's what I like to see!

Unfortunately, you must have misread my post. :cry: Unlike that other guy, I don't claim to have done any big Google searches or anything fancy like that, and didn't refer to a single link or links anywhere, so I won't be providing you with anything like that.

If you do want to know what my groundwork is, it's that I, my brother, our mutual friend (all living in the same city or a city over) share the connection problems I wrote above, which I was comforted to see were exactly the same as that other dude's problems (comforting because now I know it's not just all three of us doing something wrong... somehow).

If you want clarification on my decontextualized comment that you quoted, I did not mean "Hai guyz, there are scientific documentations of millions of ppl who can't play!" I meant a friendly and enthusiastic, "the more people who come here and post about issues they're having the better equipped the devs will be to deal with them", which is why I joined, and exactly what you're saying in your latest post! (I wouldn't have had to say it at all if the other guys hadn't started getting snippy with each other.) So there you have it. We're on the same page.

Also to help resolve your invite problem and searching for a game problem, could we get some more information as for your connection type, NAT type, any other relative information you would like to provide.

Sure! I have DSL service through Bell (3Mbps download, ~350kbps upload) and NAT Type 2. I can't speak for my brother, but I'm pretty sure he has the same ISP/service as me. Don't know his NAT. So let me know if there's any other... relevant information that I can provide, because the sooner this is cleared up, all the jollier a little fig I will be. :arrow:

#14 Guest_Chronus88_*

Guest_Chronus88_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:03 PM

Sure, glad to help if I can.

Here's one example of others having the same issues:
http://www.gamespot....1075&pid=961677

And another:
http://howtohackps3....any-minute-now/(Just pointing out this was found with google, not my choice of site.)

The 2nd example only has one person reporting it, but you'll see he states:

“GAME IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE”???

I thought this was supposed to be fixed for the PSN release…?

You may not consider this a slew of people, but I have 7 PSN friends who also own this game and EVERY one of them have all of the above issues. Considering this game hasn't even been out for 24 hours yet, the 1st example shows a healthy amount of people reporting this issue already.

My network information
Test at dslreports.com (image wouldn't take with IMG tag)
http://www.dslreport...1592256/707.png

NAT Type: 2
uPnP: Available
IP configuration: Wireless, static
Ports forwarded and tested:
TCP:
UDP:

Note: Not a single other game I've encountered has given my any issues of any kind in regard to connectivity.

#15 Kong Wen

Kong Wen

Hatchling [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:39 PM

Chronus, you probably haven't experienced this same problem in any other online game because NAT Type 2 is an open network connection with a properly configured router.

Just out of curiosity, are your seven friends on the same ISP? I found out from my brother that our friend is on the same ISP as us, so there's a very slim chance that it's somehow related to that?

#16 Guest_Chronus88_*

Guest_Chronus88_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:43 PM

Chronus, you probably haven't experienced this same problem in any other online game because NAT Type 2 is an open network connection with a properly configured router.

Just out of curiosity, are your seven friends on the same ISP? I found out from my brother that our friend is on the same ISP as us, so there's a very slim chance that it's somehow related to that?

Only one of my friends is local using the same ISP (Comcast Cable) the others are across the states in various places. I know one of them has Time Warner.

#17 emil

emil

Admin [NPC]

• Admin [NPC]
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:08 AM

Unfortunately, you must have misread my post. :cry: Unlike that other guy, I don't claim to have done any big Google searches or anything fancy like that, and didn't refer to a single link or links anywhere, so I won't be providing you with anything like that

No problem. Just wanted to be sure there wasn't some huge link dump I was missing. As you can guess I scour Google for search strings that are relevant to any online technical issues around the web, so I just wanted to double check.

If you want clarification on my decontextualized comment that you quoted, I did not mean "Hai guyz, there are scientific documentations of millions of ppl who can't play!" I meant a friendly and enthusiastic, "the more people who come here and post about issues they're having the better equipped the devs will be to deal with them", which is why I joined, and exactly what you're saying in your latest post! (I wouldn't have had to say it at all if the other guys hadn't started getting snippy with each other.) So there you have it. We're on the same page.

You are definitely in the right space as far as reporting issues and possible similar issues from other players. So yeah all on the same page for sure!

Sure! I have DSL service through Bell (3Mbps download, ~350kbps upload) and NAT Type 2. I can't speak for my brother, but I'm pretty sure he has the same ISP/service as me. Don't know his NAT. So let me know if there's any other... relevant information that I can provide, because the sooner this is cleared up, all the jollier a little fig I will be. :arrow:

thank you for the information. we'll crunch away at some things and see what we can come up for you. in the meantime hope you get to enjoy the game in some respect, even though your online experience seems to be lacking at the moment.

#18 emil

emil

Admin [NPC]

• Admin [NPC]
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:19 AM

Here's one example of others having the same issues:
http://www.gamespot....1075&pid=961677

And another:
http://howtohackps3....any-minute-now/(Just pointing out this was found with google, not my choice of site.)

Perfect. Thank you for the links. Haha that how to hack ps3 site is a scary link to click on without knowing what exactly will be on the site, but I see the links so thank you for that.

You may not consider this a slew of people, but I have 7 PSN friends who also own this game and EVERY one of them have all of the above issues. Considering this game hasn't even been out for 24 hours yet, the 1st example shows a healthy amount of people reporting this issue already.

It really doesn't matter if I consider it a slew or not technically I was just trying to make sure I wasn't missing some massive widespread issues popping up all over the place, which doesn't seem to be the case. However, your issue still remains true and we'll try to help out in any way that we can.

My network information
Test at dslreports.com (image wouldn't take with IMG tag)
http://www.dslreport...1592256/707.png

NAT Type: 2
uPnP: Available
IP configuration: Wireless, static
Ports forwarded and tested:
TCP:
UDP:

Note: Not a single other game I've encountered has given my any issues of any kind in regard to connectivity.

Thank you so much for the information. It's good to hear you've never experienced any online issues on the PSN service as this will help us troubleshoot based on your connection type, and I'm sure make you envious to other users who may or may not be inflicted with issues.

So let me grab some more information from you if possible in reference to these other online games on the PSN service. Are we talking PSN titles, disc titles? If you have a small list of games you've played recently it would be good to know this from our end. If not, no big deal, we'll use your connection info above to try to help. Thanks for the reply, we'll try to get something to you as soon as we can.

-Emil-

#19 Kong Wen

Kong Wen

Hatchling [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:48 AM

I can chip in with a list of games I've played online lately with no problems if you think it will help.

Most recently and most frequently have been Fat Princess (PSN), Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV (disc; both with friends/private/via invite and also against random opponents), BlazBlue (disc), Worms (PSN), Burnout: Paradise (the PSN version), Rock Band 2 and The Beatles: Rock Band (discs), Borderlands (disc, only problems I had were the ones commonly associated with that game, like mic clipping etc.), LittleBigPlanet (disc), Team Fortress 2 on Orange Box, and White Knight Chronicles (disc).

I'll try to pull that other network / connection test info for you next time I boot the PS3 up.

In the meantime, I've been playing a bit of the single-player mode. Love the game, I'd just like to be able to play it with my brother as we intended.

The only thing I can think of is that it seems like we're not being recognized "at large" as being online. So I send him an invite to my private game, but he gets a "game is no longer available" message because my room is somehow stuck on my local system.

EDIT:

I just noticed, for the sake of reference and since you said you'd want to be tipped off, that there are also people complaining about the same kinds of connection issues on the PSN launch post on The Behemoth devblog.

Geez, blog commenters... I don't understand people who give the thumbs down to folks who're simply pointing out bugs.

#20 Guest_Chronus88_*

Guest_Chronus88_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:58 AM

Thanks, Emil. It's comforting to see someone reply with professionalism and a willingness to help, even after my ranting.

Games I've recently played online (and successfully hosted) include Uncharted 2 (disk), Worms (Downloadable), and Rock Band 2 (disk.)

I did however notice when searching, unsuccessfuly, for games with 2 or 3 players in the filter that the game would nearly instantly state "No games found" as if it weren't even trying. But when searching for 4 player games, it would take several seconds before stating no games were found. Could be nothing, I wouldn't know. Simply an observation.

And finally I would like to point out that this is seriously one of the BEST and all-time favorite games of mine. The style, art, music, humor and gameplay -- it's all spot on. I just really wish I could play with my friends... that's what makes it truly top-notch.

Feel free to let us know if you'd like any more information.

#21 Jordan

Jordan

Hatchling [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Locationup north

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:06 AM

I tried to connect online again today. Worked perfectly all day. Little to no lag.
I did nothing so im guessing emil did something. Thanks! The behemoth loves me and I love the behemoth! :arrow: Mods you can lock this up if evreyones problems are resolved. I know mine is.

#22 Kong Wen

Kong Wen

Hatchling [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:45 AM

Mods you can lock this up if evreyones problems are resolved. I know mine is.

Uh, hold your horses cowboy. :shock: I'm glad to hear your problem has resolved itself. I just tested again with my brother and we're still having the same issues.

#23 Guest_queen_valentine_*

Guest_queen_valentine_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:00 AM

Mods you can lock this up if evreyones problems are resolved. I know mine is.

Uh, hold your horses cowboy. :shock: I'm glad to hear your problem has resolved itself. I just tested again with my brother and we're still having the same issues.

Yea I am still having the same problem!

#24 Guest_cmrp72684_*

Guest_cmrp72684_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:29 AM

This is dumb. Why on earth would this get released if it does not even work online with the friends that you know?

I can play quick match, which is dumb. I can play local, but who wants to do that!? that is what Scott Pilgrim was for, to hold us over until this game came out, now that it is out, and the thought of crashing the castle with my friends who live 20 minutes away and my friends who live 20 hours away sounds so awesome; i am dumbfounded to do a google search for castle crashers issues to find they had the same problem when they released it on Xbox!? You guys should fire whoever is responsible for this slip up, i feel completely ripped off that i have to play by myself. If it is in the menu, you should be able to do it on the game, no questions asked. If you went to a Steakhouse ordering a steak and they said that item is NO LONGER AVAILABLE, would you be upset? of course you would, because you were lied to. You guys got me good for my $15, however its the last $15 you will get from me, absurd. CAN YOU PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM NOW? OR ARE WE GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT MONTHS LIKE XBOX GAMERS AND PICK UP A DIFFERENT GAME, NOT GETTING TO EXPERIENCE HOW AWESOME THIS GAME COULD HAVE BEEN? If your plan is taking months, all I got to say is Behemoth is a group of hustlers; you got me, and my friends i convinced to buy this game for how awesome it would be to play together. well played.

#25 Guest_cmrp72684_*

Guest_cmrp72684_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:36 AM

btw, here you go

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/strategy/ca ... cs%3Btitle

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/strategy/ca ... cs%3Btitle

http://www.gamespot....ag=topics;title

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users