Photo

PSN castle crashers problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

#51 Guest_Dan-Juice_*

Guest_Dan-Juice_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:38 PM

Having the exact same problem. I bought this game today with my good friend hoping to play online together to pass time until University. If the fix patch comes after the 10th september then it pretty much makes this game a waste of $15 for me. It looks a hell of a lot of fun so I can only hope this gets sorted ASAP.

Using Wireless connection for my PS3, also tried Wired
NAT Type 2 (not sure what it means though)

#52 Guest_Krazy_Kool_*

Guest_Krazy_Kool_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:28 PM

For me it appears the invite system doesn't work at the moment. I tried to connect to a friend using the invite system and we couldn't join each others game. The quick match function still works for me though. I hope they get this sorted out!

#53 Guest_Lelo4Ever_*

Guest_Lelo4Ever_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:00 PM

I can say for sure that this problem is "widespread"... somehow... or at least "spread"...

lots of my friends have this problem... and the "funny" thing is that this problem is random...

Thursday i couldn't connect to or make a room... private or not... always got the "Game room is no longer available" message
Friday i've played with no lags and no problems with all my friends...
Yesterday (Saturday) the problems started again... and since then I'm not able to find games at a stable pace... the results are totally random...(maybe the online code looks into different servers... I dunno)

The thing is... today the online is NOT performing as it should... but I'm sure the guys at The Behemoth are working on this...

Below are my specs:

UPnP: Available
NAT: Type 2
Download: 2.8Mbps
Upload: 390 Kbps

Recent PSN Online games played:

Fat Princess: (not a problem)
Earthworm Jim HD: (not a problem)
Marvel Vs Capcom 2: (not a problem)
Gunstar Heroes: (not a problem)
TNMT Turtles in Time: (a couple lag sometimes)
Super Street Fighter HD Remix (not a problem)

and yes... my router is forwarding all the "default" PSN ports...

I hope this helps...

#54 Guest_TimmyPage_*

Guest_TimmyPage_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:46 PM

As an update, yesterday I managed to get online with one of my friends for a few hours and we had a great time. Then he disconnected just before dinner and when we tried again 10 minutes later it still gave us the 'Game is Not Available' message.

Today we tried again and still no avail.

#55 Guest_Zr0_c00l_*

Guest_Zr0_c00l_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:47 AM

I just registered looking about information for the same problem for CC on PS3.

Nat type:2 (good amirite?)
Down/up bandwidth: 30/4 (not a problem)
My ps3 is typically in a DMZ, but I have tried to remove it from the DMZ and use manual port fowarding for all the typical PSN ports required, I've also tried the proxy trick (running my ps3 through a proxy on my pc same network. Something I used to use when I got crappy PSN download speeds)

Only thing I haven't tried is directly plugging into my router which would be difficult.

My buddy has pretty much the same configuration, same results, same different attempts. We have not been able to join up in an online multiplayer game regardless of mode, players, hidden or not, who sent the invite... nothing works. Always get a 'game no longer available' error.

I've tried doing a game search and I'll sometimes see 4 or 5 games running that I try to join, I end up with the same message.

Every other PS3 game I have works fine online for the most part like is typical of online gaming. Castle Crashers does not work for me or my buddy. Period.

I'm really disappointed, I played it on my buddies 360 awhile ago (and I've played some of the single player on PS3) and it's a freaking fun game, but half of the fun is missing if I can't play with buddy! Please look into it guys! I'm pretty much begging you...

#56 Ratchet

Ratchet

Hatchling [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:47 PM

i have a problem as well, like when ever im online and playing with people then we go fight the last boss, after we defeat him and fly downwards my ps3 Freezes and this happens like 3 times so far

#57 Guest_aleFH_*

Guest_aleFH_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:06 PM

Copied from my thread:

Well, like the title says, I'm having problems playing online (PSN). Today at 3AM GMT -3, me and my friends (we were 4) were playing Castle Crashers online. We were doing the last boss on Insane, and we realized it was too late and went to bed, then we went to sleep.

Then, now (3PM), we can't play anymore. My friend invite us, we join, then when we are about to select character, the "Waiting Players" message appear at bottom of the screen and we all get kicked (we are 3 now, 1 of us isn't online). From multiple time, we managed to play once, but it was way too lag and we exited.

After all this, I'm here asking for your guys help :!: Does someone know what to do :?: We really want our Gold Skull today :(

EDIT:
I tried playing with random guys too at a party of 4. It happened the same thing. We got auto-kicked before the character screen.

EDIT2:
Please Behemot, I'm trying to play 4 hours and nothing. I hope this night I can play, if not I won't be touching Castle Crashers again til' some update is released or I see something at the forums...

#58 Guest_Kc20_*

Guest_Kc20_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:37 PM

I just bought the game, I am experiencing every problem listed and so are my 6 other freinds who have the game, this is a major problem.. I feel ripped off, which I wouldn't be if they would at least make a announcement that they are trying to fix, I love the game but it's just completely broken.. And I actually regret buying it in the first place... Please fix these problems soon

#59 Guest_Dipchit02_*

Guest_Dipchit02_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:43 AM

My friend and i have been trying to get online most of tonight and most of last night and every time we accept the others invite it will always say game no longer available. My ISP is comcast, NAT type is type 2 and i dont know what other info you need to know

#60 Guest_SaltySteve_*

Guest_SaltySteve_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:58 AM

Having the exact same problems as everyone else. Can't connect through invites or random matches. Awesome.
The only reason I got this over the cheaper Scott Pilgrim game is because it CLAIMS to have online multiplayer which is clearly a lie. I'd never heard of this company before and now I understand why, what a terrible product, you should be ashamed.

#61 Jordan

Jordan

Hatchling [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Locationup north

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:40 AM

Hold on there salty steve. Your right there has been a problem with internet connection and I can guarantee that the behemoth is working on a patch right now. The behemoth is a small company and dosnt have magical powers to stop any bug that could pop up. If you beleive it is a terrible product well that is your opinion but saying the behemoth lied to you well thats not true. Remember the internet is down not out and once the patch is loving placed into your Castle Crashers you will have your online multiplayer again. I may not work for the behemoth but i can assure you that there sorry and they love you, even if you don't love them.

#62 Kong Wen

Kong Wen

Hatchling [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:42 PM

Another update on this front. I was at my parents' house for the long weekend and tried to get into some matches with my brother and friend again, and encountered the same problems. Games don't exist, invite system doesn't work, custom search doesn't work, etc.

My parents also have a NAT 2 connection, though they're in a different province and have a different ISP (Rogers). There's definitely something bigger going on.

All the people who are standing up to "defend" the Behemoth here I think may be missing the point. CC is a great game, Behemoth is a great developer, etc. etc. yes, it's true, but the fact is that the game does have these issues, and they do need to be fixed, and they shouldn't have existed in the first place (it doesn't matter how small they are--if it was only one guy, that doesn't mean he could release a scrap of unfinished code and have it defended as an admirable game). This is what the testing phase is for, and this is what the 2-year trial run on the other system was for. The code/bug/problem may not be the same, but the devs should at least know their way around the thin ice of network problems by now.

(I'm confident they do, and that a patch is coming out that will make this wonderful single-player game playable sometime soon, but it would at least be nice to see any kind of confirmation from the Behemoth, either here or on the devblog or a statement from someone at PAX or anything really to let the fans know that they're aware of the problem and they're working on making it so the people who paid them $15 for their game will soon be able to play it.)

#63 Guest_BigRon3400_*

Guest_BigRon3400_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:08 PM

I am also having problems connecting to my friends online in CC. Out of about 15 attempts I have only connected once. I did play for 3 hours straight after connecting and had no problems though. Hope you guys get this sorted out. I love this game.

#64 Powered by Chicken