Photo

Problems downloading the Necromantic DLC.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Xhital

Xhital

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:46 PM

Full story (skip if you want the tl;dr version):

After buying the king pack two weeks ago, I immediately started leveling my King and Visorless Knight. Well, now that I'm up to about level 50 (my cut-off point for straight leveling), I decided to buy the Necromantic pack this morning. This was mostly due to my favorite character being the Necromancer (Whose isn't?), and partly due to me needing someone to level before I dive into the realm of endless arrow spamming we know as Insane Mode.

I buy a card for 800 points, pop in the code, and begin to browse around. Two indie games and some calculations later, I'm left with just enough to buy the DLC. I buy it, and rejoice in knowing that I'm awesome.

Yet, lo and behold that Xbox Live spits out an error at me. "Cannot reach the download server. Please try again later." "Okay," says I; "I shall try again." After pressing the download button a second time, I'm given another error to feast my eyes upon: "You do not have enough point to purchase this item."

tl;dr: Bought the DLC. It didn't download. I have no points now. How do I fix this?

For those saying I should just buy it again: I plan to if I can't get it fixed, but I would really rather not. Point cards are only sold in 800 and 1600 here, and I don't want to spend more money than I have to.

Edit: I should add that I'll be attempting to contact Xbox support, but I don't see them being useful. M$ is a money-hungry machine, and I honestly expect them to say something like "You should just buy 500,000 more points and buy it again."

#2 Powered by Chicken

Powered by Chicken

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:51 PM

if you previously purchased the dlc, you should be able to "redownload" without paying again.

#3 Xhital

Xhital

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:55 PM

if you previously purchased the dlc, you should be able to "redownload" without paying again.

The problem starts where "should" ends. When a query can't reach the download server, it doesn't seem to register as a download. This is from my former experience with Zombie Apocalypse.

While this isn't technically a complaint, I should still offer the required "your game is awesome" statement.

Your game is awesome.

#4 Basilisco

Basilisco

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationNo soy de aqui

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:57 PM

The problem starts where "should" ends. When a query can't reach the download server, it doesn't seem to register as a download.?

Does it say "unknown item" or something like that?

#5 Xhital

Xhital

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:01 AM

There is nothing there, which is what I'm here to find out. If it was in the recent downloads list, I would have downloaded it again. That was the first place I checked.

#6 Basilisco

Basilisco

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationNo soy de aqui

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:04 AM

There is nothing there, which is what I'm here to find out. If it was in the recent downloads list, I would have downloaded it again. That was the first place I checked.

No idea then, that happened to me but it said unknown item in the download history.

Called m$ and they did nothing though.

Maybe they will do something for you, at least you can ask them where did the points go or something.

#7 Xhital

Xhital

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:10 AM

"Hello, thank you for calling Xbox support; what seems to be the issue today?"
"Hello, I'm calling with an issue about the download service."
"And what would this issue be?"
"I bought some downloadable content for a game, paid the points, but never got the content."
"You will have to submit this to those that run the game network."
"That doesn't get my money back."
"I'm sorry, but we cannot reimburse customers for lost transactions. Please be advised that this is to protect you, not to cause inconvenience.
Do you have any further questions or issues?"
"No." *angry face*
"Thank you for calling Xbox support, and have a good day."
*click*

#8 Basilisco

Basilisco

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationNo soy de aqui

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:12 AM

-Another reason to hate M$-

Well, that sucks dude.

#9 Xhital

Xhital

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:15 AM

Tell me about it. I'll probably just beat Insane with everyone before I get it again. I'm not really in the mood to get conned twice in one week. :roll:

#10 WickedRogue

WickedRogue

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:47 AM

Tell me about it. I'll probably just beat Insane with everyone before I get it again. I'm not really in the mood to get conned twice in one week. :roll:

It's in the TOS with all DLC...No Refunds etc. It's why I'm not totally happy with the DLC world.

#11 SushiGummy

SushiGummy

SuperMod [NPC]

• Super Mod [NPC]
  • 4,188 posts
  • Locationmommy and daddy's house

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:52 AM

The worst part is, it sounds to me as if the blame belongs more to Microsoft than The Behemoth, yet they're telling you to contact The Behemoth about it.

I wouldn't be completely sure, but that's what it looks like to me.

#12 Xhital

Xhital

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:57 PM

With Halo: Reach out, I decided not to buy it again. It's still up for the future, though.

@Sushi
Exactly. I'm not sure the Behemoth has any power over this. :roll:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users