#1 zarlighttusk

zarlighttusk

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationEST

Posted 03 October 2010 - 02:27 AM

Since January 22. 1973 over 48,000,000 babies have had their voices silenced through surgical abortion in this nation (USA). Children in their mother's womb have been dehumanized. Over 4,000 children have their lives taken each day in the name of choice. Over 4,000 women are emotionally damaged every day. On October 19th, students from all over this nation will give up their voices for a day in solidarity for these children. Red armbands and duct tape will identify them as taking part
are silent. Are you willing to give up your voice for a day for those who have no
voice?

www.silentday.org

#2 TheTPRI

TheTPRI

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationPsycho Ragdoll Inc.

Posted 03 October 2010 - 02:59 AM

So all you have to do is not talk for a day? I can do that, that's pretty much what I am in school anyway.

Do I have to put the duct tape on my mouth?

#3 Slusheee

Slusheee

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,794 posts
  • LocationBehemothtown

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:32 AM

I'm surprised people couldn't honor them in a different way that would disrupt day to day activites

#4 zarlighttusk

zarlighttusk

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • 908 posts
  • LocationEST

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:36 AM

So all you have to do is not talk for a day? I can do that, that's pretty much what I am in school anyway.

Do I have to put the duct tape on my mouth?

No, but then no one knows your protesting. You can just wear red tape somewhere or a red wrist-band. Check out the site for more info.

FAQ

Instructions

I'm surprised people couldn't honor them in a different way that would disrupt day to day activites

The point is we want the situation to change. We're willing to give up speaking for a day.

#5 tornado

tornado

Chicken Lover [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationNot in Candace anymore

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:08 AM

I'd do it... But how'd I explain it to my parents if I can't talk. And I'm homeschooled so I have to talk.

#6 zarlighttusk

zarlighttusk

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • 908 posts
  • LocationEST

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:40 AM

I'd do it... But how'd I explain it to my parents if I can't talk. And I'm homeschooled so I have to talk.

Ya, if your homeschooled I don't think it's as important. If you really want to do it you could ask for a day off or something. Sorry, I don't have a lot of advice for you.

#7 Mr. Hatty

Mr. Hatty

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 3,168 posts
  • LocationRidley Deconfirmed? Suicide Hotline.

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:59 PM

I have never heard about this, but I'll do anything to shut down abortion clinics like Planned Parenthood. It's not choice, it's Murder

Thanks for pointing this out, Zar!

#8 Babbity_Rabbity

Babbity_Rabbity

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 7,939 posts
  • LocationReaver's Rear Passage

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:09 PM

it's Murder

Not necessarily.
Many people don't think actual life begins until a few months pregnant.
So, its a matter of when you think the child is actually a life form.

#9 Mr. Hatty

Mr. Hatty

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:21 PM

it's Murder

Not necessarily.

Well, people are entitled thier personal views, but as a Christian I believe it is a living being at the moment of conception.

#10 SushiGummy

SushiGummy

SuperMod [NPC]

• Super Mod [NPC]
  • 4,210 posts
  • Locationmommy and daddy's house

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:59 PM

it's Murder

Not necessarily.

Science has proven that fetuses are alive, and can feel pain. To most, that would be considered murdering a life form, but people would rather deny the facts instead of having to live with the consequences of their mistakes.

#11 tornado

tornado

Chicken Lover [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationNot in Candace anymore

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:11 AM

Just because some don't consider it alive doesn't mean it's not murder. That's like saying shooting a dying old lady in the face that wants to live the longest she can just cause she's dying, and should be put out of her misery. (somebody plz come up wit betta example)

#12 redwall558

redwall558

Chicken Lover [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:25 AM

Science has proven that fetuses are alive, and can feel pain. To most, that would be considered murdering a life form, but people would rather deny the facts instead of having to live with the consequences of their mistakes.

It really depends on how much the fetus is developed.
The fetus wouldn't feel pain until fairly deep into development, around 20 weeks.

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5014868_stage ... -pain.html

If a person doesn't get an abortion withing the first 2 months (THAT'S A LOT OF TIME) I would write them off as plain irresponsible. Yes, I am opposed to those types of people.

I don't oppose pillage victims, however. They shouldn't be carrying that child.

#13 Babbity_Rabbity

Babbity_Rabbity

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 7,939 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:26 PM

Just because some don't consider it alive doesn't mean it's not murder. That's like saying shooting a dying old lady in the face that wants to live the longest she can just cause she's dying, and should be put out of her misery. (somebody plz come up wit betta example)

Except that a fetus does not have a "want" to live.

I agree with Redwall, an abortion during the very early stages of pregnancy is okay, but any time after that is not.

#14 Dexide

Dexide

Moderator [mod level 2]

• Moderator [Mod level 1]
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:37 PM

Even if I did have a problem with abortion, which I really don't, what does not talking for a day do? What are you giving up by doing this? People who are performing abortions don't care if you don't talk for a day. It makes no difference. They probably like having the protesters silent instead of outside of their door screaming.

#15 Mr. Hatty

Mr. Hatty

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:53 PM

I don't think it is right to deny life to somebody. It's just not right, and I fully agree with Sushi and ZAR. I don't remember where (maybe one of you guys know), but there are places that killing a pregnant woman is only counted as double-homicide if she planned on keeping her child (In other words, a baby is only alive if the mother wants it to be).

#16 Basilisco

Basilisco

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationNo soy de aqui

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:50 PM

Even if I did have a problem with abortion, which I really don't, what does not talking for a day do? What are you giving up by doing this? People who are performing abortions don't care if you don't talk for a day. It makes no difference. They probably like having the protesters silent instead of outside of their door screaming.

Ew, this kind of talking....

Really, is just what you want to express obviously people couldn't care less if you don't speak for a day, or even if you die in the streets, if your mother is dieing, or if you need help. The point is expressing your opinion not changing the world from one day to the other.

#17 Babbity_Rabbity

Babbity_Rabbity

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 7,939 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:20 AM

Ew, this kind of talking....

Really, is just what you want to express obviously people couldn't care less if you don't speak for a day, or even if you die in the streets, if your mother is dieing, or if you need help. The point is expressing your opinion not changing the world from one day to the other.

So you admit the whole fiasco is near-pointless?

#18 Basilisco

Basilisco

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationNo soy de aqui

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:27 AM

So you admit the whole fiasco is near-pointless?

Pretty much. I mean, if people protesting want to change the world in one day, yes.

What this world really needs is more education and less pew-pew (as in wars)

#19 mechazeep

mechazeep

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 10,422 posts
  • LocationIn a 90's music video

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:52 AM

I'm not sure if anyone should have a say in this.
I mean, who here has an XX chromosome?
Exactly.

#20 TheTPRI

TheTPRI

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:36 AM

Dex, is right, we should do something more drastic., Any of you know how to start a riot?

#21 Dexide

Dexide

Moderator [mod level 2]

• Moderator [Mod level 1]
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:42 AM

Dex, is right, we should do something more drastic., Any of you know how to start a riot?

I don't know if you and your commas were trying to be funny or not, but I honestly feel like not talking for a day makes no difference. In this country, he who yells the loudest is the one who gets his point across. Even if I disagree with people on abortion, I feel like if you want to protest and get your point across, go out and yell at some people. Silence does nothing for your cause.

#22 Mr. Hatty

Mr. Hatty

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:44 AM

I live in Texas, so I've got guns :lol: /sacrcasm

BACK TO Posted Image : It is kind of the principal that makes it worth doing. Also, other stuff....

#23 TheTPRI

TheTPRI

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:53 AM

I don't know if you and your commas were trying to be funny or not, but I honestly feel like not talking for a day makes no difference. In this country, he who yells the loudest is the one who gets his point across. Even if I disagree with people on abortion, I feel like if you want to protest and get your point across, go out and yell at some people. Silence does nothing for your cause.

Maybe we can make rants on it or something.

#24 MetaMarx

MetaMarx

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationDreamland

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:59 AM

Wait... why do people want abortions? Could someone explain for me?

#25 mechazeep

mechazeep

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 10,422 posts
  • LocationIn a 90's music video

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:26 AM

Wait... why do people want abortions? Could someone explain for me?

Abortions is when a Mother removes the baby from the womb, for whatever her reason may be.
It could range from insufficient funds to emotinal stress.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users