1337m33p

Elder Chicken [Level 3]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,988 posts
  • LocationCordon

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:03 PM

Its coming http://ie.xbox360.ig.../1136356p1.html
Its gonna be the GOTY in a snap also im glad because it makes references to the elder scrolls books!

#2 Babbity_Rabbity

Babbity_Rabbity

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,939 posts
  • LocationReaver's Rear Passage

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:09 PM

Finally, a game out of Bethesda that isn't Fallout.

And a new game engine? Smoked sausages, this'll be interesting.

#3 Mavrick145

Mavrick145

Chicken Lover [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationIN A VAN, DOWN BY THE RIVER!!

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:49 AM

they made TESIV....
any-hoot (cant believe i just said that :oops:)
i haven't heard of a new engine, everyone else has askedfor a new engine....
if they do get a new engine, then that'll be epic :D

#4 Babbity_Rabbity

Babbity_Rabbity

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 7,939 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:01 AM

they made TESIV....
any-hoot (cant believe i just said that :oops:)
i haven't heard of a new engine, everyone else has askedfor a new engine....
if they do get a new engine, then that'll be epic :D

I know they made Oblivion. I've sunk like AT LEAST 60 hours into that game.

#5 The Forgotten Knight

The Forgotten Knight

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,796 posts
  • LocationMaking out with the Princess'. That's right all of them!

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:23 AM

Elder Scrolls V? This is clearly the first sign of the Apocalypse. Hopefully I'll be able to enjoy the game before the world ends.

#6 Doctor Dakka

Doctor Dakka

Elder Chicken [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:43 PM

Hopefully they'll have finally fixed the annoying leveling system from the other games.
Just becuase my warrior steals things armor and swords to go questing doesn't mean I want him to be a stealth character.

Also, Annoying fan must return if only to spite us all.

#7 Babbity_Rabbity

Babbity_Rabbity

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 7,939 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:06 PM

Hopefully they'll have finally fixed the annoying leveling system from the other games.
Just becuase my warrior steals things armor and swords to go questing doesn't mean I want him to be a stealth character.

There was nothing wrong with the leveling system.

#8 Under-Age Waffles

Under-Age Waffles

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 4,140 posts
  • LocationEn sus pantalones.

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:41 PM

That is chump play-time. 150+ hours for me

#9 Babbity_Rabbity

Babbity_Rabbity

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 7,939 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:46 PM

I had the xbox version, with pretty much every quest done, every house, blah blah.
Eventually the disc got so scratched that it had some significant slowdown every so often, and I stopped playing after trying to run a dungeon and dying because of the lag.

#10 The Forgotten Knight

The Forgotten Knight

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,796 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:44 AM

I had the xbox version, with pretty much every quest done, every house, blah blah.
Eventually the disc got so scratched that it had some significant slowdown every so often, and I stopped playing after trying to run a dungeon and dying because of the lag.

When I reset my xbox I couldn't play my copy anymore, it was fine but my xbox just refused to read it. Luckily I was cool with the guys at Gamestop and they let me do an even swap. I was kinda sad to see it go because it was an original launch copy that still had a T rating on it before the ESRB made them change it to M because of the adult mods for the PC version.

Anyne else have over a thousand saves?

#11 Denivire

Denivire

Moderator [mod level 2]

• Moderator [Mod level 1]
  • 4,012 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:09 AM

Anyne else have over a thousand saves?

I haven't exceeded more than 2 a character outside of Autosave, ever, and even then I got a good 200+ hours killed with it, same for it's predecessor TES III: Morrowind (also made by Bethesda). Funny thing, I always played the longest as a Dark Elf in III and as a Breton in IV, I wonder what race I'd be making this time around that just keeps me going?

Plus, that's an entire page of pure speculation and wishful thinking so far, that link. Until they announce something, we will just have to wait patiently until Bethesda decides to tell us about it.

While talking about speculation, which continent do you guys think this one will take place on? Will it still be in Cyrodil, or will they move to another one, such as Valenwood or High Rock? Personally the way the NPCs in TES IV talked about the High Elf homeland of Summerset Isles having recent Daedra issues, I think it will end up there, but who knows?

#12 Mavrick145

Mavrick145

Chicken Lover [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationIN A VAN, DOWN BY THE RIVER!!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:09 PM

damn people, 350+hrs.
anyone else find the mystic creatures? i know the unicorn was for a shrine mission but here is my list:
1 the unicorn
2 the ghost crab
3 the giant crab
4 the giant slaughter fish
5 the underfrykte matron
6 uncle leo (if you count him)
7 redmaw the wolf
8 "goblin" jim
9 Mucianus Allias
10 Gable
thats all i can remember..:P

#13 Doctor Dakka

Doctor Dakka

Elder Chicken [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:03 PM

damn people, 350+hrs.
anyone else find the mystic creatures? i know the unicorn was for a shrine mission but here is my list:
1 the unicorn
2 the ghost crab
3 the giant crab
4 the giant slaughter fish
5 the underfrykte matron
6 uncle leo (if you count him)
7 redmaw the wolf
8 "goblin" jim
9 Mucianus Allias
10 Gable
thats all i can remember..:P

I met and killed goblin jim, and the giant slaughterfish was part of the assassins guild.
Arrows don't work so well underwater....
Luckily I had a healing spell and the fin gleam so I just kited him through the small hole and beat him with a mace.

#14 The Forgotten Knight

The Forgotten Knight

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,796 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:25 AM

The pattern has always been to move to another kingdom. I think Skyrim has a good shot. If so then I hope they can expand the lore of the Knights of the True Horn, I thought the story was pretty cool.

Anyone else hoping for mutliplayer?

#15 Babbity_Rabbity

Babbity_Rabbity

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 7,939 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:26 AM

The pattern has always been to move to another kingdom. I think Skyrim has a good shot. If so then I hope they can expand the lore of the Knights of the True Horn, I thought the story was pretty cool.

Anyone else hoping for mutliplayer?

With the new engine, its a possibility.
One that I hope become reality.

#16 1337m33p

1337m33p

Elder Chicken [Level 3]

• Members
  • 1,988 posts
  • LocationCordon

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:41 PM

I hope they talk about the spire and there's characters from the books i wish someone would make a mod for the books.

#17 scarabix

scarabix

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,835 posts
  • LocationThe nether reaches of oblivion (about fifty miles from paris)

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:03 PM

What can I say?arena was hard.I didn't play the second one.Morrowind was outstanding.Oblivion was a freakin' beast,and I totally need the next one.

thanks for the link!

#18 Denivire

Denivire

Moderator [mod level 2]

• 4,012 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:07 PM

If they add multiplayer, they better get it done right, or not done at all. I don't want to sit through a game of multiplayer that sucks, and the rest of the game is not that great because they spent so much time on getting the multiplayer working. That kind of nonsense killed so many games that had potential, like Fable II.

So, if they add Multiplayer, they need to set it up like Diablo II in terms of gameplay and questing; one person makes a room, and all main storyline quests run off of them, but side-quests are per person, room has a limit to number of people in it.
At least this way they can add HUGE enemies like dragons and giant ogres that demand cooperation, and serve for some awesome game-play.

#19 scarabix

scarabix

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:46 PM

If they add multiplayer, they better get it done right, or not done at all. I don't want to sit through a game of multiplayer that sucks, and the rest of the game is not that great because they spent so much time on getting the multiplayer working. That kind of nonsense killed so many games that had potential, like Fable II.

So, if they add Multiplayer, they need to set it up like Diablo II in terms of gameplay and questing; one person makes a room, and all main storyline quests run off of them, but side-quests are per person, room has a limit to number of people in it.
At least this way they can add HUGE enemies like dragons and giant ogres that demand cooperation, and serve for some awesome game-play.

Seing as how much you depended on NPCs in some side quests in oblivion,it could easily become annoying to depend on multiplayer.Another problem is also directly related to the elder scroll's nature:no respawning.I don't see how we could insert non-respawning in free roaming multiplayer.

#20 The Forgotten Knight

The Forgotten Knight

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,796 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:46 PM

I think the best type of multiplayer for the Elder Scroll series would have to be co-op. That way they wouldn't need to make too many drastic changes and it would allow for players to swap gear and money with one another.

If they did decide to make ES a mmo it could probably stand toe to toe with WoW.

#21 scarabix

scarabix

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:13 AM

I think the best type of multiplayer for the Elder Scroll series would have to be co-op. That way they wouldn't need to make too many drastic changes and it would allow for players to swap gear and money with one another.

If they did decide to make ES a mmo it could probably stand toe to toe with WoW.

Probably.But seriously,I wouldn't like it if they released a game on pc and not on consoles.

But it would not necessarily be a co-op.Maybe an arena thing would be cool,or maybe you could act as an imperial guard and chase your friends.

Btw,in what region of tamriel do you thing this is gonna happen?I would love playing in the khajiit desert or sunset island,or the whole tamriel like in Arena,but then the game would be released later.

and do you think they're reusing the skills from morrowind,like the unnarmored fight?and what about the eloquence?will it be like in morrowind or like in oblivion?

I can't wait for more information!

#22 Denivire

Denivire

Moderator [mod level 2]

• 4,012 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:05 AM

Btw,in what region of tamriel do you thing this is gonna happen?I would love playing in the khajiit desert or sunset island,or the whole tamriel like in Arena,but then the game would be released later.

and do you think they're reusing the skills from morrowind,like the unnarmored fight?and what about the eloquence?will it be like in morrowind or like in oblivion?

The location I'm assuming is going to be the Summerset Isles, mainly because of how much they reference them and their current woes in Oblivion.
The clothing and speech mannerisms are all area and race dependent, as well as clothing. Example Morrowind was a muddy location surrounding a giant volcano housing a demi-god, a plague, and zombies (technically), so that location is gonna have rough words, sturdy yet non-fashionable attire (on the majority), and strong, enduring people. Cyrodil is the main capital and central hub point for all the races, so it mixes everything up into one type of environment. Summerset is home of the high elves, who are highly sophisticated and eloquent, so Summerset would probably have a larger assortment of "fashion", more detailed carvings and runes in armor and weapons, and the people probably talk like a bunch of rich people who are so full of themselves, the only things left in their head is ego.

#23 1337m33p

1337m33p

Elder Chicken [Level 3]

• Members
  • 1,988 posts
  • LocationCordon

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:10 AM

The world is going to look very different because the i kinda forgot it had something to do with the floating island, trees and argonions

#24 scarabix

scarabix

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:22 AM

The location I'm assuming is going to be the Summerset Isles, mainly because of how much they reference them and their current woes in Oblivion.
The clothing and speech mannerisms are all area and race dependent, as well as clothing. Example Morrowind was a muddy location surrounding a giant volcano housing a demi-god, a plague, and zombies (technically), so that location is gonna have rough words, sturdy yet non-fashionable attire (on the majority), and strong, enduring people. Cyrodil is the main capital and central hub point for all the races, so it mixes everything up into one type of environment. Summerset is home of the high elves, who are highly sophisticated and eloquent, so Summerset would probably have a larger assortment of "fashion", more detailed carvings and runes in armor and weapons, and the people probably talk like a bunch of rich people who are so full of themselves, the only things left in their head is ego.

Elsweyr goes for me then.khajiits can be rude sometimes,but I'm a hardcore gamer.I'd love to see the desert,and the khajiiti cities.Plus,since,the khajiit are the ones with the best unarmed fight stats,so if the game takes place in elsweyr,there is a high chance I can use a punch-only character,and I love to do that,because I'm a freakin hardcore gamer.I want a rude game,make it even trickier to play,and be a hardcore gamer.

hurrdurrhurrderphardcoregamerherpderp.

but seriously,elsweyr would rock.

#25 Denivire

Denivire

Moderator [mod level 2]

• 4,012 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:06 AM

... yeah, Elsweyr would rock...

You know what? I tried doing fist fighting on Oblivion. It got stupid after a while, where I couldn't enchant my gloves to do MORE DAMAGE upon swinging, oh no. No, instead, they can only be enchanted to bolster your defense or some stats in some manner, but they needed to be enchanted to do ANY damage to monsters immune to normal weapons (high-level daedra, ghosts, etc.), making these enemies pointless to fight, even after 100+ fist fighting, because they just barely feel it, or regenerate at a rate that makes the fight last waaay too long.

So, brass knuckles (or just any fist-weapon) please? :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users