PSN Parental Controls issue - can't play online multiplayer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Christian Schade_*

Guest_Christian Schade_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:52 AM

Hi - I purchased CC for my kid who is 9 and we are really enjoying this great beginner RPG. In order to be a nice behaved PSN user I created him a profile on the PSN, but now we can't play online multiplayer - apparently due to parental controls. I am his parent and I decide that this mild cartoon violence is quite okay for him to experience, but even when I disable all parental restrictions on his account, we still can't play online.

We could of course just create a new account where we lie about his age or use Daddys account, but the whole point of an RPG is to build up your own character, also online, and to be able to use that character as well.

When someone plays a character up to level 47 in a RPG like this, this really amount to some kind of investment of social capital in the developers platform, shouldn't that count for something?

Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?

#2 SushiGummy

SushiGummy

SuperMod [NPC]

• Super Mod [NPC]
  • 4,231 posts
  • Locationmommy and daddy's house

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:07 AM

There could be one of many issues here:
1: Castle Crashers PSN doesn't let you play with multiple PSN IDs logged in. In other words, you won't be able to play Castle Crashers under your account at the same time as your son under his account.
2: People have been experiencing trouble with online play, it could just be the connection.
3: This might be an actual issue with Sony, not Castle Crashers.

It could also very well be an issue with Castle Crashers. Did you get any error messages specifically telling you it was a Parental Control issue?

Moving to Technical Issues.

#3 Basilisco

Basilisco

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationNo soy de aqui

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:42 PM

Your son is 9, CC is rated T for teens (13 and above)

#4 isco

isco

Elder Chicken [Level 3]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • LocationBeing mad at Gamestop for messing up my pre-order

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:29 AM

Have you checked if CC is juts Mild Cartoon Violence? It could be that. My guess is to check that and see if that is the issue.

EDIT:

Cartoon Violence
Blood and Gore (In my opinion it's not that bad. Also I think you can turn it off.)
Crude Humor (Not too much of it.)

#5 Guest_Green Knight_*

Guest_Green Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:11 AM

Try to maybe turn off gore in settings. That only means heads won't roll ocassionaly with blood spurts. Maybe that would work. if not just make a new one to use. The parent level is only 5 and Little Big Planet was a 5 so it may just be a problem with PSN. Also if your son's desperate try uninstalling it from your hard-dive and re-installing it.

#6 Powered by Chicken