23 replies to this topic

#1 Xemnas768

Xemnas768

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:57 AM

What proof is there? Sorry if I say anything offensive, first time talking about anything related to religion.

#2 FEL

FEL

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 7,749 posts
  • LocationxcAT

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:05 AM

Because people are still gullible.

#3 Complicated

Complicated

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts
  • LocationAn asylum.

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:15 AM

Aye. This also confuses me.
It also confuses me that, if you say... don't believe in "God," you aren't as good as anyone else? Even if you don't smoke pot. Don't do drugs. Don't drink at ALL, you're dirt?
I'm sorry I don't walk around with crosses and t-shirts that say "I <3 Jesus," but seriously. People need to tone it down.

Gaaaaah. The human belief system is flawed, or at least... How they execute their social statuses.
No offense to anyone who is religious, I don't mean anything harmful. (: <3

#4 1337m33p

1337m33p

Elder Chicken [Level 3]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,988 posts
  • LocationCordon

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:18 AM

Dont you celebrate Christmas Xemnas?

#5 Complicated

Complicated

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,345 posts
  • LocationAn asylum.

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:20 AM

Some people don't celebrate for the religious aspect of the holiday.
Most take it as an excuse to care for others, have a nice family dinner, and just... Bond. You know?
So, technically, celebrating Christmas is only a small factor of this "Religion" thing, and should typically be overlooked. I mean, I celebrate, and I'm religiously confused.
So. Eh.

#6 FEL

FEL

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 7,749 posts
  • LocationxcAT

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:31 AM

Aye. This also confuses me.
It also confuses me that, if you say... don't believe in "God," you aren't as good as anyone else? Even if you don't smoke pot. Don't do drugs. Don't drink at ALL, you're dirt?
I'm sorry I don't walk around with crosses and t-shirts that say "I <3 Jesus," but seriously. People need to tone it down.

Gaaaaah. The human belief system is flawed, or at least... How they execute their social statuses.
No offense to anyone who is religious, I don't mean anything harmful. (: <3

One of my cousins wears a T-shirt that says something along the lines of "I love Jesus" or "Jesus is better than you". Eggggggh.

---

I can't stand homophobics with the only excuse that is "bcuz i relijus lol".
I just don't get it. It makes no sense. They have no reason, other than because they are ignorant.

#7 Xemnas768

Xemnas768

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:40 AM

Some people don't celebrate for the religious aspect of the holiday.
Most take it as an excuse to care for others, have a nice family dinner, and just... Bond. You know?

This

#8 Complicated

Complicated

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,345 posts
  • LocationAn asylum.

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:48 AM

---

I can't stand homophobics with the only excuse that is "bcuz i relijus lol".
I just don't get it. It makes no sense. They have no reason, other than because they are ignorant.

Ignorance is bliss.

Sometimes, I guess, people would rather have faith for something that may not be true, than have nothing at all. Sure, science can go where ever it wants with it's proven facts, but there's still other arguments.
My biology teacher brought up an interesting one the other day.
"If evolution was the real reason, why are there still monkeys around?"
It was intriguing.
I suppose I don't know where I stand, it's like I'm arguing both sides, now. But whatever.

Perhaps we are the ignorant ones. Perhaps, maybe, there is some other force "Up there" controlling everything else.
There are just too many questions.

#9 Xemnas768

Xemnas768

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:52 AM

I just had a chat with a friend who's christain, he said its because of the bible, then i said why is it true, and he said "it just is" :/

#10 Basilisco

Basilisco

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationNo soy de aqui

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:54 AM

People where trying to explain themselves how the world worked (rain, snow, storms and other stuff) so they created explanations (Myths) Gods are a myth and there you go

EDIT: If you are talking about christians i would say it haves a lot to do with 2 things, how simple the bible is, specially the genesis which is easy to believe by kids from really early ages, and the second being that it haves only 1 god and he can do all kinds of poop

#11 Complicated

Complicated

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,345 posts
  • LocationAn asylum.

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:56 AM

I just had a chat with a friend who's christain, he said its because of the bible, then i said why is it true, and he said "it just is" :/

That's mostly all people can say.
"It just is."
"I don't know."
"It's something to believe."
"I have faith. You should, too."
I want facts.
Proven, realistic facts.
Not a preaching that's thousands of years old, hymns and songs, and stories of a man "Walking on water."

#12 Xemnas768

Xemnas768

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:11 AM

Not a preaching that's thousands of years old, hymns and songs, and stories of a man "Walking on water."

---snip---

#13 Basilisco

Basilisco

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationNo soy de aqui

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:17 AM

Hey now, you are asking seriously why gos exist i already answered, and while i agree on the wizards note i think some religious people might find that offensive, and the fact that you are basically saying their religion is based on a couple of cool stories by dead bros and stuff.

I just want to say that we can have a nice, serious discussion on theology and its origins rather than saying why religions are stupid, just my opinion

PS: Even when i do agree on that i must tell you that people will be offended and they are gonna whine, i hate the whining

#14 Complicated

Complicated

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,345 posts
  • LocationAn asylum.

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:21 AM

Hey now, you are asking seriously why gos exist i already answered, and while i agree on the wizards note i think some religious people might find that offensive, and the fact that you are basically saying their religion is based on a couple of cool stories by dead bros and stuff.

I just want to say that we can have a nice, serious discussion on theology and its origins rather than saying why religions are stupid, just my opinion

PS: Even when i do agree on that i must tell you that people will be offended and they are gonna whine, i hate the whining

Aye. I'm being humble, or trying to be. ):<

#15 Xemnas768

Xemnas768

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:40 AM

Sorry, from the first few posts i decided to go along with it ><
Back on topic now please

#16 scarabix

scarabix

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,836 posts
  • LocationThe nether reaches of oblivion (about fifty miles from paris)

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:07 PM

Nothing in the bible says homosexuality,aborting,or anything like that is wrong.It's just like the coran,it's all misinterpreted.

People just want to believe that they will never die,and go to heaven instead.I don't.I fear death,as I know my life will end one day,and no one will save me.God doesn't exist,and religions (cults) are heresy.Which means that the only forces that rule the universe are science and destiny (I believe in destiny,as long as no one pretends to be able to predict it).

#17 Complicated

Complicated

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,345 posts
  • LocationAn asylum.

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:52 PM

Abortion was invented during the holocaust, correct? So, it couldn't possibly be around at the said era.
Not all religions are cults, believe me.
I have been to.... Many different religious churches. I even looked into Buddhism.
It depends on what angle you look at them.
Buddhism was the most believable, honestly. Yet there are different types of the same religion?
Hell exists inside you. Blah blah. Karma. Reincarnation. These are all... Realistic.
Mormons.
They believe many.... unique things. Perhaps that is all dependent on who is the one preaching it. In my town, it's not the "Males can have more than one wife, but a woman must be faithful."
It's more along the lines of... Men have the power. Women serve the power.
Don't fight the power.
Lutherans.. I never really got into much. They're basically Christian, minus some things.
I'll look into that later.

Point is, with everyone believing such different things, who is to say what is right, or wrong? What if we're all wrong, and when we die we'll turn into magical bunnies and hop across an open field, then be captured and brought home to a mansion of alien late-celebrities?

#18 mechazeep

mechazeep

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 10,422 posts
  • LocationIn a 90's music video

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:23 PM

Do you know how long your corpse is going to be sitting in the ground?
I can see the appeal of an after life.

#19 Mr. Welldone

Mr. Welldone

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 3,035 posts
  • LocationThe land of lost dreams.

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:47 PM

If only those three people that came back when Jesus revived them could tell us. Well, the bible was made be four different people, so I guess Jesus and God is real.

#20 Erich_Deathstar

Erich_Deathstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationKiel, Germany

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:19 PM

Abortion was invented during the holocaust, correct? So, it couldn't possibly be around at the said era.
Not all religions are cults, believe me.
I have been to.... Many different religious churches. I even looked into Buddhism.
It depends on what angle you look at them.
Buddhism was the most believable, honestly. Yet there are different types of the same religion?
Hell exists inside you. Blah blah. Karma. Reincarnation. These are all... Realistic.
Mormons.
They believe many.... unique things. Perhaps that is all dependent on who is the one preaching it. In my town, it's not the "Males can have more than one wife, but a woman must be faithful."
It's more along the lines of... Men have the power. Women serve the power.
Don't fight the power.
Lutherans.. I never really got into much. They're basically Christian, minus some things.
I'll look into that later.

Point is, with everyone believing such different things, who is to say what is right, or wrong? What if we're all wrong, and when we die we'll turn into magical bunnies and hop across an open field, then be captured and brought home to a mansion of alien late-celebrities?

Excuse me? Abortion WAS NOT invented during the holocaust, I have no idea how you got that idea, and just to be clear, both of you have never read the bible, it does in fact forbid homosexuality numerous times in both the new and old testament, saying things like any homosexuals should be stoned to death.

Attached Files

#21 Complicated

Complicated

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,345 posts
  • LocationAn asylum.

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:29 PM

Excuse me? Abortion WAS NOT invented during the holocaust, I have no idea how you got that idea, and just to be clear, both of you have never read the bible, it does in fact forbid homosexuality numerous times in both the new and old testament, saying things like any homosexuals should be stoned to death.

I learned it in HISTORY, you know, the class that tells historical revelations?
During the holocaust, the Nazi's gathered pregnant women, and experimented.
Putting bricks on the women's stomachs and such, in order to kill the baby.
Thus concluded with-- Abortion.
Don't assume that I have never read the bible. I have. Don't attempt to assume what is not true.
You do not need to come off so attacking, or I will lose my temper, kid.

#22 Erich_Deathstar

Erich_Deathstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationKiel, Germany

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:44 PM

I learned it in HISTORY, you know, the class that tells historical revelations?
During the holocaust, the Nazi's gathered pregnant women, and experimented.
Putting bricks on the women's stomachs and such, in order to kill the baby.
Thus concluded with-- Abortion.
Don't assume that I have never read the bible. I have. Don't attempt to assume what is not true.
You do not need to come off so attacking, or I will lose my temper, kid.

Abortion has been around since the early 1800's, you Christians always associate things you don't like with things that are considered universally evil to discredit them. I bet your "History Class" didn't teach you that. Also the Bible is not true, it is almost entirely fictional, apart from place names and certain references to events. If you had read the bible you would know it endorses slavery, pedophilia and some of the most horrible and unspeakable things, but you don't mention those parts, you just ignore them and mention the parts that fit your world view. That's just picking and choosing, you either accept the bible as entirely true or entirely fictional, there is no in between.

#23 Complicated

Complicated

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,345 posts
  • LocationAn asylum.

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:54 PM

Abortion has been around since the early 1800's, you Christians always associate things you don't like with things that are considered universally evil to discredit them. I bet your "History Class" didn't teach you that. Also the Bible is not true, it is almost entirely fictional, apart from place names and certain references to events. If you had read the bible you would know it endorses slavery, pedophilia and some of the most horrible and unspeakable things, but you don't mention those parts, you just ignore them and mention the parts that fit your world view. That's just picking and choosing, you either accept the bible as entirely true or entirely fictional, there is no in between.

My mistake, then?
I am not Christian. I am nothing, have been nothing. No association with religion since I was 8, back when I actually read the bible.
So, pick a side. I seriously don't think we should be going back-and-forth with this.
I was misinformed, mk. This does not mean you can stereotype me into a false category.

#24 SushiGummy

SushiGummy

SuperMod [NPC]

• Super Mod [NPC]
  • 4,226 posts
  • Locationmommy and daddy's house

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:57 PM

Don't we already have like several other threads like this?
Discussion about religions:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7279
Sharing your religious beliefs:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7297
Questions about Christianity:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10544
Questions about Islam:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10817
Questions about Atheism (and in some cases Agnosticism):
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10625

Use those instead. ;)

Locking as a dupe.