Photo

Final Fantasy XIII-2 (announced for the west)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Roy-G-Biv

Roy-G-Biv

Moderator [mod level 2]

• Moderator [Mod level 2]
  • 6,883 posts
  • LocationLocation?

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:09 PM

http://scrawlfx.com/2011/01/final-fanta ... r-the-west
I liked XIII's combat system, and I didn't mind the linearity, so it should be awesomeness for me.

Hopefully it's not going to be like X-2, where it wasn't as fun.

I also want a Final Fantasy VI-2.
That's 6 mind you. The last FF game to have manly men.

#2 The Mad Fiddler

The Mad Fiddler

Moderator [mod level 2]

• Moderator [Mod level 1]
  • 4,321 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:20 PM

You'd didn't like Snow, Sahz or Hope?

I love FFXIII

#3 Roy-G-Biv

Roy-G-Biv

Moderator [mod level 2]

• 6,883 posts
  • LocationLocation?

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:49 AM

You'd didn't like Snow, Sahz or Hope?

I love FFXIII

I did like them.
But Saban could suplex a phantom train for christ sakes.
That made me lol for years to come.

#4 Chris

Chris

Moderator [mod level 1]

• 6,328 posts
  • LocationJolly ol' England

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:37 PM

I played a couple hours of FFXIII

I have to say I wasn't impressed. Almost every FF title since FFX has been a disappointment for me

So I guess I won't be looking into FFXIII-2

Although FFXIII Versus looks interesting. Probably the only one of the Fabula Nova Crystallis games I'll actually play fully. Shame, really

Surely they cant keep this subseries going on much longer though, right?

#5 The Mad Fiddler

The Mad Fiddler

Moderator [mod level 2]

• Moderator [Mod level 1]
  • 4,321 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:49 PM

I have to say I wasn't impressed. Almost every FF title since FFX has been a disappointment for me

Although FFXIII Versus looks interesting. Probably the only one of the Fabula Nova Crystallis games I'll actually play fully. Shame, really

What didn't you like about it? I picked it up first and was so dissapointed. But a friend told me it took some time to really get into it, and the best part of the game was the free roam. I picked it back up and after playing further than I did last time, I was wholly impressed! I love it :). But I know it's not for everyone.

#6 Chris

Chris

Moderator [mod level 1]

• 6,328 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:37 PM

What didn't you like about it? I picked it up first and was so dissapointed. But a friend told me it took some time to really get into it, and the best part of the game was the free roam. I picked it back up and after playing further than I did last time, I was wholly impressed! I love it :). But I know it's not for everyone.

Well, I can't really say this without sounding like most other critics who weren't much for the game...
Spoiler

With that rant over. I do realise there is a lot to Final Fantasy games, but I only play them fully if they draw me in within the first few hours. FFXIII didn't really accomplish this, but I do understand that it gets better the more you play it

Here's hoping that FFXIII 2 will be more fun, anyway :)

#7 Turkey

Turkey

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts
  • LocationIn Castlevania, chillin' with Vlad

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:55 PM

The character design seems perverted to me in FFXXIII. I have a feeling I'm the only one who thinks this.

#8 buncakes1337

buncakes1337

Chicken Lover [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationMy computer chair

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

Final Fantasy XIII was a pretty awesome game, but if the sequel turns out to be like X-2, I'll be disappointed. Sazh was my favorite character from XIII, so I hope he plays a big role in XIII-2. I'm happy about all these announcements, but come on Square, you know you want to remake Final Fantasy VI, especially with the 3DS coming out. A Final Fantasy VI remake for the 3DS and I'm sold. :P

#9 Roy-G-Biv

Roy-G-Biv

Moderator [mod level 2]

• 6,883 posts
  • LocationLocation?

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:43 PM

Final Fantasy XIII was a pretty awesome game, but if the sequel turns out to be like X-2, I'll be disappointed. Sazh was my favorite character from XIII, so I hope he plays a big role in XIII-2. I'm happy about all these announcements, but come on Square, you know you want to remake Final Fantasy VI, especially with the 3DS coming out. A Final Fantasy VI remake for the 3DS and I'm sold. :P

Wow.
I thought I was the only FF Fan that thought that VII wasn't the best game.
VI forever!

The character design seems perverted to me in FFXXIII. I have a feeling I'm the only one who thinks this.

How so?
Is it because Vanille has a short skirt and looks young?
And because she has her
Spoiler

#10 buncakes1337

buncakes1337

Chicken Lover [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationMy computer chair

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:35 AM

Don't get me wrong, I love Final Fantasy VII, it's one of my favorites in the series, along with IX and IV, but compared to VI, it doesn't stand a chance. Anyways, on subject of XIII-2, I hear they released a trailer. I haven't checked it out yet, but I plan on it. What do you guys think of the trailer?

#11 Chris

Chris

Moderator [mod level 1]

• 6,328 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:11 PM

Don't get me wrong, I love Final Fantasy VII, it's one of my favorites in the series, along with IX and IV, but compared to VI, it doesn't stand a chance.

Same here, I like VII, but its not my favourite

Anyways, on subject of XIII-2, I hear they released a trailer. I haven't checked it out yet, but I plan on it. What do you guys think of the trailer?

I like the trailer. Its very pretty :lol:

Then again, I liked the trailer for FFXIII too, but the game itself never drew me in

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users