90 replies to this topic

#1 ggamer2004

ggamer2004

Chicken Lover [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:42 PM

First off, I love the 3DS so far. I got it two days ago and I'm still amazed by it.

Anyway, what are some good games to get for it? I already plan on getting the new Lego Star Wars for it (since those are usually interesting) and I've heard some good stuff about Street Fighter IV, but do any of you guys have suggestions?

#2 Babbity_Rabbity

Babbity_Rabbity

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,939 posts
  • LocationReaver's Rear Passage

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:09 PM

Rayman.
Its a remake of Rayman 2 (Which was for the N64), which was an amazing game.

#3 ggamer2004

ggamer2004

Chicken Lover [Level 2]

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:19 PM

Rayman.
Its a remake of Rayman 2 (Which was for the N64), which was an amazing game.

I never played the Rayman games. I may check it out. I know the Ocarina of Time remake is supposed to be awesome, but I never finished that game anyway haha.

#4 SushiGummy

SushiGummy

SuperMod [NPC]

• Super Mod [NPC]
  • 4,220 posts
  • Locationmommy and daddy's house

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:52 AM

I never played the Rayman games. I may check it out. I know the Ocarina of Time remake is supposed to be awesome, but I never finished that game anyway haha.

It's not out yet.

As for Rayman, it's a remake of a good game, but apparently they did an absolutely horrible job at remaking it. I've heard this 3D version is really bad.

For your original question, there are no good games for the 3DS right now. Not one. Each one has a blatant overlapping flaw, whether it's because the game is broken or because it's just boring. I can understand if you want to find a game to have fun with for the time being, though, and for that I recommend Pilot Racers Resort or whatever it's called. It's casual, but it's a fairly descent time-waster.

#5 ggamer2004

ggamer2004

Chicken Lover [Level 2]

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:28 AM

Yeah that is actually the one game I do have haha.

I plan on getting Street Fighter IV and the Lego Star Wars one though, because pretty much everyone is getting Street Fighter and Lego Star Wars was one of my favorite games for a while.

#6 Balobo

Balobo

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:02 PM

It's not out yet.

As for Rayman, it's a remake of a good game, but apparently they did an absolutely horrible job at remaking it. I've heard this 3D version is really bad.

For your original question, there are no good games for the 3DS right now. Not one. Each one has a blatant overlapping flaw, whether it's because the game is broken or because it's just boring. I can understand if you want to find a game to have fun with for the time being, though, and for that I recommend Pilot Racers Resort or whatever it's called. It's casual, but it's a fairly descent time-waster.

Every game has flaws, thus there are no good games in existence.

#7 SushiGummy

SushiGummy

SuperMod [NPC]

• Super Mod [NPC]
  • 4,220 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:23 PM

You know what I mean, though. They simply aren't fun.

#8 ggamer2004

ggamer2004

Chicken Lover [Level 2]

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:24 PM

I wouldn't say there are no good games. I had some fun playing Pilotwings this morning and I just got Super Street Fighter IV (3DS). Street Fighter, so far, is really fun, but that's primarily because I love fighting games and this one is well made. So, if there's any game you want to consider getting, look that one up. The 3D isn't abused and it actually makes the game more fun to play. I prefer Pilotwings in 2D mode, but Street Fighter IV looks cooler in full 3D and the 3D does not affect gameplay (for me at least).

I also got Lego Star Wars III, so I'll let you know how that is once I get around to playing it.

#9 Balobo

Balobo

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:27 PM

I hear otherwise.

Also, I would like to remind you that Pilotwings Resort is not casual.

#10 ggamer2004

ggamer2004

Chicken Lover [Level 2]

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:17 PM

I hear otherwise.

Lol how is it not casual? I've played it for a while and it seems absolutely casual. It's and easy single-player flying game. There's even a Free Flight mode that requires little to no effort. But I've only played about 2 hours of it, maybe I'm missing a part.

And yeah, I'm here to tell you otherwise that there are fun 3DS games out. Like I said before, Street Fighter is addicting, Pilotwings is fun, and as for Lego Star Wars III... I'll let you know when I actually play it, haha.

#11 SushiGummy

SushiGummy

SuperMod [NPC]

• Super Mod [NPC]
  • 4,220 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:27 PM

Lol how is it not casual? I've played it for a while and it seems absolutely casual. It's and easy single-player flying game. There's even a Free Flight mode that requires little to no effort. But I've only played about 2 hours of it, maybe I'm missing a part.

Yeah, it's pretty casual. Not to say it's a bad game, a person who plays casual games is not necessarily a casual gamer. Heck, if I had a choice, I'd take back the awful game I bought and buy Pilotwings instead.

Now Steeldiver, I hear that game's super-hardcore. Apparently it gets insanely difficult the farther you get.

#12 Balobo

Balobo

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:00 PM

I absolutely need Steel Diver.

#13 ThePieGuy

ThePieGuy

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:08 PM

Do you have a 3DS Sushi?

#14 ggamer2004

ggamer2004

Chicken Lover [Level 2]

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:11 PM

Ok so I just played a bunch of Street Fighter IV online. I have to say, I've never been more pissed off at people on the internet. Everyone I played against did cheap moves to win and got horrible scores because of it. When I finally won, I got A C C, which is 20x better than the scores the other people got. I remember one person actually got B E D, which I thought was hilarious.

Heed my words: Play Street Fighter IV only with your friends, unless you know how to spam Hadoken and Shoryuken.

EDIT: B E D was hilarious because it spelled BED, not because it was horrible, though it was.

#15 Under-Age Waffles

Under-Age Waffles

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 4,140 posts
  • LocationEn sus pantalones.

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:25 PM

I'd recommend Super Street Fighter IV, it's a blast to play.

Unless of course you don't like fighting games.

#16 SushiGummy

SushiGummy

SuperMod [NPC]

• Super Mod [NPC]
  • 4,220 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:39 PM

Do you have a 3DS Sushi?

Oh, definitely. I love it so.

#17 ggamer2004

ggamer2004

Chicken Lover [Level 2]

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:04 AM

Ok, I just played some of the Lego Star Wars III. It's an interesting game, but with the lack of multiplayer and the numerous cheap looking screens (not during gameplay), it isn't much like the other games. I'm exhausted after playing the first mission, but I also achieved way more than True Jedi status, meaning I destroyed everything. It's a lot more fun without doing that, as I'm sure you'd know if you played any of the others.

Though I've only played this game for a couple of hours, I'd say it's pretty good. I haven't seen the animated series, which it's based off of, but I still enjoy it.

#18 Balobo

Balobo

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:33 AM

Sushi, give me your friendcode.
ggamer2004, give me your friendcode.

etc.

#19 ggamer2004

ggamer2004

Chicken Lover [Level 2]

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:36 AM

Sushi, give me your friendcode.
ggamer2004, give me your friendcode.

etc.

Lol I'll get right on that. For obvious reasons, I'm not posting it in this thread... but I will send it in a PM.

Also, Sushi, if you want to, throw your code my way as well.

#20 GILLHUHN

GILLHUHN

Chicken Lover [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationLiberating the zombie occupied eastern front.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:06 AM

This is not always true I normally cannot stand fighting games. But I picked up SSFIV 3D because someone told me it was an awesome game and I am loving it. It's really good not the greatest solo but online is a BLAST! On a side note I would recommend SSFIV 3D, Lego Star Wars 3, and Rayman 3D. If none of those sound good then just wait the 3DS should be getting a lot of really great titles in the coming months.

#21 ggamer2004

ggamer2004

Chicken Lover [Level 2]

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:15 AM

I suck online, but it's fun with friends I'm sure.

#22 Under-Age Waffles

Under-Age Waffles

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 4,140 posts
  • LocationEn sus pantalones.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:16 AM

This is not true I normally cannot stand fighting games. But I picked up SSFIV 3D because someone told me it was an awesome game and I am loving it. It's really good not the greatest solo but online is a BLAST! On a side note I would recommend SSFIV 3D, Lego Star Wars 3, and Rayman 3D. If none of those sound good then just wait the 3DS should be getting a lot of really great titles in the coming months.

Because your opinion over-rules everybody elses

#23 GILLHUHN

GILLHUHN

Chicken Lover [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationLiberating the zombie occupied eastern front.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:20 AM

This is not true I normally cannot stand fighting games. But I picked up SSFIV 3D because someone told me it was an awesome game and I am loving it. It's really good not the greatest solo but online is a BLAST! On a side note I would recommend SSFIV 3D, Lego Star Wars 3, and Rayman 3D. If none of those sound good then just wait the 3DS should be getting a lot of really great titles in the coming months.

Because your opinion over-rules everybody elses

I never said it did but this was a case where the old if you don't like the genre you will hate it clause isn't always true. Granted there's still some truth in it, it's not always true and that was the whole point of the post. Either way I should have worded it better I'm sorry cyc.

#24 SushiGummy

SushiGummy

SuperMod [NPC]

• Super Mod [NPC]
  • 4,220 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:25 AM

I'd post my friend code, but unfortunately my 3DS has been giving me internet trouble. I'll be sure to post it when I finally get it working.

#25 ggamer2004

ggamer2004

Chicken Lover [Level 2]

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:27 AM

I'd post my friend code, but unfortunately my 3DS has been giving me internet trouble. I'll be sure to post it when I finally get it working.

Alright nice. I've had some net trouble occasionally too. I hope the networking code gets updated in the update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users