#226 Frank

Frank

Hatchling [Level 1]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Location*tap tap* Behind you

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:38 PM

I got Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition this week, so after ignoring the whole Minecraft thing ever since it hit the internet I think it's time to surrender to it.

#227 scarabix

scarabix

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts
  • LocationThe nether reaches of oblivion (about fifty miles from paris)

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:23 PM

I bought fez with the 800 free msp from the rewards system. So far so good. Mostly a no-brainer so far, but the platforming gets tricky since Gomez is not quite the athletic chap. At some point I realized I was already 8 cubes into the game and I told myself, "hold yer horses here scarry scarabix chap, that's already a quarter of the game there! Might wanna make it worth the points spent and keepity it for later, shouldn't ya?". Otherwise, the graphics are exquisite.

So instead I went to play me some flywrench for the first time. Perfect physics, seizure inducing graphics, the challenge was there too! Unfortunately it ends too soon, and the soundtrack is sometimes detrimental to the gaming experience.

Then I played some mighty Jill off. Not sure there's a whole lot I can say about it here, but I enjoyed it and finished it on harder mode.

Playing these games made me want to punch the authors in the respectively genitalia/breasts for not making these games full lenght. There really was some big potential going on in there, especially on flywrench, which felt like a waste of a perfect game concept to me. As for mighty jill off, might as well make it clear, the best part about this is *** ******** ***** ******* **** *** ****-**-****** ****. I think I'll keep it for later.

#228 T Diamond

T Diamond

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:19 AM

I'm going through Fire Emblem Path of Radiance. (My favorite Fire Emblem btw). I'm going through with just Flying units and Ike. Surprisingly, Ike seems to die the most, despite being a level 20 Ranger.

#229 Scaler193

Scaler193

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 4,191 posts
  • LocationWinner of 2013 TBFA User of the Year

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:56 PM

I bought fez with the 800 free msp from the rewards system. So far so good. Mostly a no-brainer so far, but the platforming gets tricky since Gomez is not quite the athletic chap. At some point I realized I was already 8 cubes into the game and I told myself, "hold yer horses here scarry scarabix chap, that's already a quarter of the game there! Might wanna make it worth the points spent and keepity it for later, shouldn't ya?". Otherwise, the graphics are exquisite.

So instead I went to play me some flywrench for the first time. Perfect physics, seizure inducing graphics, the challenge was there too! Unfortunately it ends too soon, and the soundtrack is sometimes detrimental to the gaming experience.

Then I played some mighty Jill off. Not sure there's a whole lot I can say about it here, but I enjoyed it and finished it on harder mode.

Playing these games made me want to punch the authors in the respectively genitalia/breasts for not making these games full lenght. There really was some big potential going on in there, especially on flywrench, which felt like a waste of a perfect game concept to me. As for mighty jill off, might as well make it clear, the best part about this is *** ******** ***** ******* **** *** ****-**-****** ****. I think I'll keep it for later.

how did you make 800 msp from the rewards system. I barely have 100.

#230 TheOmegaKnight

TheOmegaKnight

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationJukesville

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:37 AM

i finally decided to get minecraft on my laptop. im having fun on singleplayer so far but i have yet to find a really good server

#231 scarabix

scarabix

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:26 AM

how did you make 800 msp from the rewards system. I barely have 100.

I got 800 just the first day; I get more because my account is old.

#232 halfcoordinated

halfcoordinated

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

I finished a first-person puncher run of RAGE on Nightmare difficulty a few days ago, where if it was possible to get close enough to punch an enemy, that is how I killed them. If they were unreachable I used wingsticks (a three-pronged bladed boomerang). There were two enemies I had to use a gun on, although if I had better timing it could probably just be one. Interestingly, the final mission requires only punches. I'll have to redo and record this someday.

Now I'm replaying Shadows of the Darned (not actually darned, but I'm guessing the real name would break forum rules) on the hardest difficulty because while it lasts, it is basically the greatest game.

#233 Imperfect Luck

Imperfect Luck

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:09 AM

Lol, D3, and Dark Souls seems to fill all my gaming needs these days. :ugeek:

#234 scarabix

scarabix

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:26 AM

I heard dark souls was decent. D3's always online system is terrible. LoL looks good.

Also, final fantasy tactics advance and morrowind. neat.

#235 halfcoordinated

halfcoordinated

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:18 AM

League of Legends is the angriest game. I have seen very few things that make people rage at others with so much fervor.

#236 Riley Ricki

Riley Ricki

Eggie [Level 0]

• New Registrations
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

At the moment I’m playing kingdom hearts on PS2. It is really exciting and interesting.

#237 Zephyr

Zephyr

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,049 posts
  • Locationis unknown.

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

I've been glued to Modern Warfare 3 for a while. When MP gets too easy (or if I get 35 kills and 2 deaths every match, which is often) I just switch over to Special Ops. Great if you wanna do something besides shoot a gun and throw a bunch of C4 around.

#238 castle crasher

castle crasher

Chicken Lover [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Locationin a secret tunnel located in canada. ( with dan paladin )

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:41 PM

Kingdom of loathing. i got addicted to that game. also, borderlands. leveling up multiple players to 64..

and blackops ..

#239 TheOmegaKnight

TheOmegaKnight

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • LocationJukesville

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:37 PM

probably gonna get diablo 3 by the end of the week, considering how much ive been busting my balloon around the house for the past few days. just yesterday i spent pretty much the entire day extending the width of the driveway. i hope it will be worth it!

#240 Doctor Dakka

Doctor Dakka

Elder Chicken [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:17 AM

Red Orchestra 2 is pretty spiffy.

#241 The Bombadiliest

The Bombadiliest

Hatchling [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationIn a nutshell. Please help

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

Just beat Heavy Rain for the first time. Felt more compelled to watch then play it. Also Braid which I'd highly recommend to anyone who doesn't have an absolute disdain for puzzle games

#242 BlueKnite

BlueKnite

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationDredmor Dungeons

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:12 AM

Just beat the binding of isaac, and got the wrath of the lamb dlc, and some legend of grimrock

#243 scarabix

scarabix

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

Just beat the binding of isaac, and got the wrath of the lamb dlc

Wrath of the lamb DLC was pretty glitched on release day but hopefully all glitches, missing items and bosses and music that were forgotten in the first release are being added!

spoiler alert:
Spoiler

My skype friend Nout who was quite intoxicated last night gave me VVVVVV! A neat lil' platformer I got myself there. It has all of this flipping and flipping. So far I like it.

Oh and I did some cave story too. The free one. Man that game's good. I mean, it's certainly not bad. Kinda hate how it played out for me though, but I heard there's multiple endings to it, so I might go back to it once I'm done with that save.

Oh yeah and I also played some eversion! It's unexpectedly fine, it has a few moments of sick platforming and the everting mechanic is pretty neat. And will you listen to that great soundtrack!

I'm cool with those last two being completely free though.

#244 T Diamond

T Diamond

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:31 AM

League of Legends is the angriest game. I have seen very few things that make people rage at others with so much fervor.

LoL is the only game I've seen where good players go to places designed for newcomers and be angrily surprised that newcomers are there. Sadly LoL is known for it's dota like gameplay, and it's terrible harcore community.

#245 scarabix

scarabix

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:44 AM

LoL is the only game I've seen where good players go to places designed for newcomers and be angrily surprised that newcomers are there. Sadly LoL is known for it's dota like gameplay, and it's terrible harcore community.

TF2 valve servers.

#246 Zugama

Zugama

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationSomewhere not-so over the rainbow

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:18 AM

Dragon's Dogma is seriously one heck of a fantastic game. In my opinion I find it to probably be one of the best open-world rpg games out there.The combat is action-packed and enjoyable, the enemies varied and interesting, and just exploring the land and suddenly running into massive monsters in the wild makes for quite the immersing experience. Also managing your own pawn for others to hire is actually extremely fun to do if I must say. Capcom might have awkward business practices and make decisions that can seriously anger some fans, but when they make a good game I must say they end up being amazing regardless. Gonna be playing this one for a long time.

#247 akmk5252

akmk5252

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • LocationThe magical land of equestria

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:21 AM

Well my friend and i recently (finally) picked up L4D2. Its one of the better games i've played, the co-op element is so frantic and awesome, not to mention the dialogue being lovely, and they (valve) are always adding new mutators, my only real problems with the game is its so easy to kick people; if you make even the slightest mistake you can be booted by your teammates. And some of the specials (like tanks) are a bit over powerful, and they can be a bit of a nuisance rather a nice challenge. Overall i'd give the game an 8.5/10.

#248 scarabix

scarabix

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:15 AM

Well my friend and i recently (finally) picked up L4D2. Its one of the better games i've played, the co-op element is so frantic and awesome, not to mention the dialogue being lovely, and they (valve) are always adding new mutators, my only real problems with the game is its so easy to kick people; if you make even the slightest mistake you can be booted by your teammates. And some of the specials (like tanks) are a bit over powerful, and they can be a bit of a nuisance rather a nice challenge. Overall i'd give the game an 8.5/10.

yeah, the only issues with this game are the underpower of the infected compared to the survivors, and the terrible, terrible community.

this could be circumvented by playing on the Xbox 360, but who wants no custom maps and a terrible, terrible monthly fee to play?

#249 T Diamond

T Diamond

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:47 AM

You know I just decided to take a break from that game. I think you kinda described the worst part of the community. Hardcore players are actually cool to play with, their fun and you'll have a good time. But if you join in a game and there's something about you that other people don't like: you're going to get voted to kick.
In my experience the gametypes with likely hood of getting kicked from are (from least to greatest): Mutation, Scavenge, Campaign, then Versus.

#250 halfcoordinated

halfcoordinated

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:49 AM

I got Lollipop Chainsaw on release day, and before I go any further I must say that I LOVE this game. The action is fun and varied enough to keep it from feeling tedious, the humor is spot on, and the game exudes such charm. It also caters to both casual and hardcore players with the varying difficulty levels, ranking modes, and plethora of unlocks... Grasshopper Manufacture and SUDA 51 truly understand how to make a game that people will want to replay over and over.

That being said, Lollipop Chainsaw certainly has it's flaws; I started out somewhat frustrated and dissapointed. When you first begin the game, controls are not listed ANYWHERE- no manual, not in the main menu, and at first unlisted in the pause menu. they introduce the controls/combos very slowly throughout the first level... fairly terrible when your first playthrough is on hard. By the time they told me about most controls I had figured them out via trial and error. Also, combos at the start of the game are fairly limited, but that is common and allows a good sense of growth in power as you play.
The game has a few camera issues in corners and controls are not quite as fluid and precise as they could be (although that improves as you buy combos and increase stats).

Despite the issues, like I said, I love this game. Once you get past the start and get yourself accustomed to the nuances of combat you'll be gleefully making sparkles, cartoon hearts, and rainbows appear from felled zombies at a pace that does not dissapoint.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users