41 replies to this topic

#26 SnuggleBug

SnuggleBug

Hatchling [Level 1]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:42 AM

I can't get enough of Peppermint Butler's dark side. Just....more. More.

#27 Splufay

Splufay

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • LocationMoe's Tavern

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:09 AM

Am I the only one who realllllyyyy didn't like the way Finn was handled in 'Hot to the Touch'? He's always kept his crush on PB a secret for the series, then he sees Flame Princess once, and starts becoming obsessed with her and saying how much he likes her? It felt really out of character for him.

Speaking of relationships, that really seems to be the main focus of Season 4 so far. I think they've had three or four episodes based solely on relationships so far, which doesn't really grab me. (except for the Web Weirdos episode, that one was all kinds of fantastic)

Also, the Nightosphere special was pretty cool, too.

#28 Splufay

Splufay

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationMoe's Tavern

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:19 AM

Welp, season 4 has officially concluded after tonight. What did you all think?

Personally, I think this is by far the greatest season of the show yet. It's finally struck gold with it's humor again (could go without the frequent fart jokes, though) and now it's even including more story arcs and it's giving us more insight on the mushroom war.

I really can't look back and think of a single episode that I didn't thoroughly enjoy this season, I honestly thought that they were all great. Maybe Dream of Love wasn't that good, but every other episode was fantastic. I was even enjoying Rebecca Sugar's episodes a lot, too, which is a first for me.

Anywho, what did you guys think of the finale? Could that have been an alternate dimension where the war had never happened?

#29 Zugama

Zugama

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationSomewhere not-so over the rainbow

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:10 AM

Hmmmm, I remember how I was saying I wasn't too impressed by season 3. Actually having seen some of the episodes again, I must say I actually really find season 3 to be enjoyable! Many of the episodes I thought I disliked are now to my liking for some reason. Perhaps I was just depressed when I watched the episodes before, but whatever the reason, I find season 3 to be pretty good instead of just being mild as I used to.

Anyways, in my opinion I also agree that this was a pretty good season as well. Actually to be honest the only episode I disliked, or at least felt that it wasn't as good as the rest, was Dream of Love also. I don't know, it just felt somewhat pointless throughout for me. The rest though ended up being a joy to watch though. Actually a pretty decent amount of the episodes have something to do with relationships or either love, but overall they kinda worked out fine. The only one that didn't was, well, Dream of Love. The only thing I was personally disappointed about was how between Hot to the Touch and Burning Low the relationship of Finn and FP was pretty much just implied to be going on within that time. I think it would have giving us a stronger idea of how their relationship develops as Hot to the Touch ended at such a high tension point, but apparently after that we can "assume" that they been dating normally up to Burning Low, which was quite a decent amount of episodes away. I don't know though, telling time within a show can be hard sometimes, so I won't go too deep into it. At least it all works out in the end, so eh.

My question is what does the ending apply to the future of Adventure Time? Are Finn and Jake in another universe, having become themselves in that world? Does the mother bring them in only to find that there are two Finns and two Jakes? What shall the Lich do within this universe? A new arc in the story? New adventures? New characters, or alternate versions of characters from their world, such as a normal Simon? Perhaps the show will continue here for awhile, or will try to return to their own dimension? How will Finn react to meeting other humans (Besides Simon who is not human anymore and possibly Susan)? The sheer amount of openness presented with this ending brings up some many questions that one can only wonder how many shall be answered. I do hope this gets looked into deep, because this can potential prove to be a tale of epic proportions.

Edited by Zugama, 23 October 2012 - 04:15 AM.

#30 daikonboy101

daikonboy101

Elder Chicken [Level 3]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts
  • LocationScotland [sob sob]

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

Zugama, you're good at writing stuff about the stuff I love.

#31 Splufay

Splufay

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationMoe's Tavern

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

I forgot to add that I also didn't like BMO Noire. In fact, to this day, that is the only episode of Adventure Time I haven't been able to watch the entire way through. I never liked BMO as a character to begin with though, so it was pretty obvious I wasn't going to see anything in this episode. Even Dream of Love was bearable enough to warrant at least one watch through.

#32 daikonboy101

daikonboy101

Elder Chicken [Level 3]

• Members
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

Splufay, how can you not love BMO. He's so cute, just the way that he thinks he's a real boy and all, and he's funny, I personally loved that episode. But hey, that's my opinion.

#33 Zugama

Zugama

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationSomewhere not-so over the rainbow

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

Season 5 starting sooner than I expected.

#34 daikonboy101

daikonboy101

Elder Chicken [Level 3]

• Members
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

Hot damn, I ain't seen the last episode of season 4 yet. Well, that's because I watch it with my brother usually... and he's been at university recently, and he's gotten a boyfriend, so I won't be seeing it for AGESSSSSSS!!!!!!

#35 Splufay

Splufay

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationMoe's Tavern

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

See, now I just feel like they're going to be revealing too much about the war all at once. Hopefully they pull the classic Adventure Time where once they answer a certain question, they end up creating another bundle of questions in the process. I really can't see myself enjoying the idea of having perfect knowledge on how everything in Adventure Time came into play.

#36 daikonboy101

daikonboy101

Elder Chicken [Level 3]

• Members
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

I haven't seen the last episode yet, but I have been told it ends on quite a cliff hanger. I might watch it after school.

#37 Marshall Lee

Marshall Lee

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Locationwalking into Mordor to play ball game with Sauron

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

Just wondering has anyone else been searching for the possessed snail waiving at camera in almost every episode??

#38 Homedawg1

Homedawg1

Hatchling [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:31 AM

I love that episode with the screaming lemon guy. Cracks me up every time

#39 Jaredman89

Jaredman89

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • LocationWhere ever a game needs to be played

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

I love that episode with the screaming lemon guy. Cracks me up every time

Double necro bump?!

#40 HattyHattington.

HattyHattington.

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Near the Ocean Profile pic courtesy of pickles4nickles :D

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:49 PM

You mean LemonGrab (I think)

#41 Homedawg1

Homedawg1

Hatchling [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:39 AM

Yeah, I think that's his name. Even the commmercials for that episode are funny.

Lol double necro post. It's not like this section is overflowing with activity, and these threads were relatively new.

Edit: just saw the date of the post above mine, and that is indeed a neco post. But no harm done

Edited by Homedawg1, 13 March 2014 - 05:44 AM.

#42 SaltOnToast

SaltOnToast

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationTime And Relative Dimension in Space

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:09 PM

misadventure_time_by_saltontoast-d7u5bsf

What show will I lazily draw in about 5 minutes next time? stay tuned to find out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users