#1 spacetime penguin 32

spacetime penguin 32

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Locationin a dimension beyond your comprehension

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:52 AM

i'm creating a video game and i was wondering if anyone had an ideas also behemoth company can I use some of your game characters for my game ill give you half the profits behemoth. please :D .

#2 T Diamond

T Diamond

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:18 AM

i'm creating a video game and i was wondering if anyone had an ideas also behemoth company can I use some of your game characters for my game ill give you half the profits behemoth. please :D .

If you're making a serious video game, even just indie game, I think you'll need a better contract then that.
And if you're making a serious game, what kind of ideas are you looking for? You should already have an idea of everything, except for minor details.

#3 SushiGummy

SushiGummy

SuperMod [NPC]

• Super Mod [NPC]
  • 4,231 posts
  • Locationmommy and daddy's house

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:19 AM

If you're making a serious video game, even just indie game, I think you'll need a better contract then that.
And if you're making a serious game, what kind of ideas are you looking for? You should already have an idea of everything, except for minor details.

Not to mention a fairly professional staff.

#4 T Diamond

T Diamond

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:39 AM

Not to mention a fairly professional staff.

I've seen a few indie games done by a couple of people. But you're right.

#5 Roy-G-Biv

Roy-G-Biv

Moderator [mod level 2]

• Moderator [Mod level 2]
  • 6,883 posts
  • LocationLocation?

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:06 PM

By the looks of your post, you don't seem very committed.
You need to commit most of your time developing said game.

That's why I (currently) am not into Game Development.

#6 spacetime penguin 32

spacetime penguin 32

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:11 AM

I am trying to make a mortal kombat/ marvel vs capcom/ tekken style game so basically any guy who looks like he could do some serious damage plus a penguin character. :D

p.s. behemoth I will give you full ownership of this idea I just want some of the profit. :)

#7 spacetime penguin 32

spacetime penguin 32

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:16 AM

plus I have some music but I will probably need more so could anyone email them if you have some to myfriendyoshi@yahoo.com

#8 spacetime penguin 32

spacetime penguin 32

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:57 PM

SERIOUSLY IS ANYONE GONNA HELP :!: :cry:

#9 Roy-G-Biv

Roy-G-Biv

Moderator [mod level 2]

• 6,883 posts
  • LocationLocation?

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:09 PM

Most likely the reason why no one wishes to help you is because you aren't showing a sense of professionalism.

If you spoke or wrote like that trying to apply for a job, they'd reject you on the spot.

#10 T Diamond

T Diamond

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:16 AM

Try that fighting creator thing, Mugen or something.
People give it a lot of crap, but I think it gets more hatred then it deserves.

#11 spacetime penguin 32

spacetime penguin 32

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:30 AM

okay forget everything i said earlier I'm open to any ideas you have as long as they have a rpg factor so just email me the ideas :D

#12 spacetime penguin 32

spacetime penguin 32

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

so is anyone going to help its not going to be a fighting game

#13 T Diamond

T Diamond

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

so is anyone going to help its not going to be a fighting game

What exactly are you expecting to make? I'm not trying to sound mean, but it sounds like you have absolutely no knowledge about making games.

Nobody over the internet is going to be able to seriously help you. The coding and products and programs simply can not be sent through the internet unless you know a lot about it before hand. It sounds like you're starting from scratch which in that case, it's probably going to be literally impossible for you to do.

It takes a lot of time to make games as well. Time you probably don't want to spend. My friend made a simple puzzle game from scratch. It was just moving an apple around, super basic, super simplistic. It took him 6 months to make. His little sister and her friends are making their own game. The have a dozen people working on it, and all you do is walk around a school or something. They've been working on it for a year now and are still not close to being finished.

Also unless you have a reason for people to follow you (do you have any previous projects you worked on?) nobody is going to want to stick around to see the project end. Even serious coders drop out of projects if they're not getting paid for it (which you won't by the way). No offence, but you don't sound like the type of person that serious coders want to work under anyways.

Now if you're still serious about making a game, I suggest you just mod a game rom or something. If you're looking for RPG, maybe you can do a GBA Fire Emblem , or LoZ game or something, depending on what you're going for. Obviously, you'll need to know how to manipulate code and what not, but if you don't know that you'll have to learn. Searching through Google won't make you good at coding, by the way. YOu'll have to buy books on it, or more preferably take classes on it. I think most Community Colleges have classes like that now adays.

Anyways, I'll stop typing I think I've typed up enough.

#14 spacetime penguin 32

spacetime penguin 32

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

meh i am looking for rpg not turn based similar to how castle crashers plays but no where near the same if you've ever played fft I'm considering using classes from that as a idea. sound good? i do know a little about computers and stuff. i dont want to mod a game because i like my own idea i don't feel as if it gives me as much creativity as i see fit.

#15 SND Zag1

SND Zag1

Moderator [mod level 2]

• Moderator [Mod level 1]
  • 882 posts
  • LocationZag's Ninja Fortress, Utah

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

Making video games is hard.

#16 Roy-G-Biv

Roy-G-Biv

Moderator [mod level 2]

• 6,883 posts
  • LocationLocation?

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

I'm not so sure if this belongs in "Other Games", considering this is supposed to be talking about other games we play as opposed to creating them.

So I'm moving this to Off-Topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users