Wouldn't Behemoth make much more money developing for the PC

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Junkie_*

Guest_Junkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:58 PM

Indie games tend to do much better on PC, as they aren't buried under a wave of indie titles each month, and there isn't some greedy company taking a big cut. The game would be available to players from all platforms, as a game like this is easily playable on even very old computers. Patches would be easily available to players within days with a patching service like Steam.

It just seems really much more logical for Behemoth to develop on PC. Please, this isn't me trying to start some console war or saying x is superior to y. PC just seems like a much more fitting platform that, as seen from other indies titles, provides significantly higher revenue for the devs.

#2 ggamer2004

ggamer2004

Chicken Lover [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:46 PM

The Behemoth have released Alien Hominid and Castle Crashers for consoles and had immense success in both cases. Castle Crashers was a top rated game for a very long time, and a very high amount of people have purchased the game.

In the case of a beginning indie developer, I'd say a PC release would be best because of how easy it is to market a PC game, but for The Behemoth, it would be best for them to keep releasing games for the Xbox 360 given the hype they have received for each game release so far.

But again, I do understand what you mean.

#3 MichaelJalapeno

MichaelJalapeno

Hatchling [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:08 AM

What GG said
People could mod MUCH MUCH MUCHHHHHHHHHHHHH quicker that way

#4 xDarkAnsem

xDarkAnsem

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationA land where life is good.

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:40 AM

In a perfect world, The Behemoth would develop for all platforms. But we're in this world. They just don't have the time and funds to port and sell across multiple platforms. They started on Xbox because they knew they would get more attention on there and they were right.

#5 MichaelJalapeno

MichaelJalapeno

Hatchling [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:49 AM

The PC does not make enough money off games
Xbox on the other hand..
One-billion dollars and counting

#6 Guest_Junkie_*

Guest_Junkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:44 AM

Xbox on the other hand..

Are you kidding me?

Indie games especially typically make tons more on PC. Super Meat Boy for example sold more on PC than xbox and Ps3 combined.

#7 danp

danp

Behemoth Founder [Level ??]

• Admin [NPC]
  • 1,988 posts
  • Locationanywhere justice needs to be served

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:27 PM

Xbox on the other hand..

Are you kidding me?

Indie games especially typically make tons more on PC. Super Meat Boy for example sold more on PC than xbox and Ps3 combined.

Super Meat Boy is not a good example. This game was used as an incentive to speed up the release of Valve's Portal 2. It was not used as an incentive to speed up the release of anything on XBLA or PSN, so it cannot be a fair comparison.

#8 ThePieGuy

ThePieGuy

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:45 PM

And Super Meat Boy wasn't released on PSN. :(

#9 T Diamond

T Diamond

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:23 PM

Xbox on the other hand..

Are you kidding me?

Super Meat Boy is not a good example. This game was used as an incentive to speed up the release of Valve's Portal 2. It was not used as an incentive to speed up the release of anything on XBLA or PSN, so it cannot be a fair comparison.

I agree, Team Meat has their problems with Microsoft, but that's not really making it a rule. Honestly, the only games that truly have major differences in sale prices on Steam are Valve games and when there's a problem with the Indie developer and console's company. I think the argument that Indie developers are better off being on the PC is and argument based on fallacies. This from what I've seen at least.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users