#1 Mr Samurai Guy

Mr Samurai Guy

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationA dangerous theater stage

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:48 PM

Animal Orbs, Characters, Weapons, and how to combine all three!
This topic will slowly fill with more and more information as the days that allow me to work on this go by.

Of course, the main combo: XYY*. *XYY is the short term form of the juggle XYY-XYY-XY-XYY-XY-XY-XY-XY, which can be altered depending on how much height the uppercut(Y) gives you.*
Practice the XYY combo in the Story Mode. You must first reach level 8 to get the uppercut combo.(XY)
Practice dummies: try juggling bats, blobs, trolls, beefies, Royal Guards, and Coneheads.
Master this combo, win the game.

Master these tactics, and win the game faster!
Animal Orbs
Background: Almost every single Animal Orb offers a different boost/ability.
Stat Animals:
[S=Strength, M=Magic, D=Defense, A=Agility]
Chicken:
S+1, M+0, D+1, A+1
Snoot:
S+2, M+0, D+0, A+0
Spiney:
S+0, M+0, D+2, A+0
Snailburt:
S+0, M+0, D+5, A-5
Scratchpaw:
S+1, M+0, D+0, A+2
Meowburt:
S+0, M+0, D+0, A+2
Burley Bear:
S+2, M+0, D+0, A+0
Beholder:
S+0, M+3, D+0, A+0

Ability Animals:
Rammy:
Knock over enemies. Start juggles.
Hawkster:
Retrieves food from fallen enemies.
BiPolar Bear:
Mawls enemies near death.
Bitey Bat:
Bites heads. Halts enemy movement.
Troll:
Regenerate health. Works well with high defense weapons.
Yeti:
Prevents you from being frozen.
Sherbert:
Jump higher. Juggle Longer? Win more?
Dragonhead:
Shoots fireballs. Burn over time?
Pelter:
Shoots ice.
Install Ball:
Shoots lasers.

WEAPONS
Background: Besides flashy looks, weapons also offer stats that will stack with animal orbs.
T-bone steak: S+4, M+0, D+0, A+2
Butcher Knife: S+5, M+0, D+0, A+2

Characters
Background: Character abilities, such as tornado magic, enhance the characters maneuverability. Increased magic does not affect Tornado Magic damage; it only affects the duration of the tornado. Strength is what increases the tornado's damage.
I will list the best characters traits now, however.
Orange Knight- Magic damage over time.
Bear & Saracen- Magic Juggle
Blue Knight & Iceskimo- freeze
Industrialist- Saws

Character/Animal/Weapon Combinations
Bear + burley bear/snoot + T-bone Steak= +6 Strength, -2 Magic, +4 Agility
Orange Knight + Scratchypaw + Butcher knife= +6 Strength, -2 Magic, +4 Agility
Blue Knight + Meowburt + Skeleton Leg= +8/7 agility + critical hit chance

:arrow: ,
:idea: <-- Illuminant
Hope I could should shed some light with these few tactics. I will return!
2nd addition.. Be back soon.
3rd..
4th!
Credit: Mr Samurai Guy- XBL: Illuminant
xDarkAnsem
Lydonious

#2 xDarkAnsem

xDarkAnsem

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationA land where life is good.

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:54 PM

You're probably saying XYY for short term, but just in case the full juggle is xyyxyyxyxyyxyxyxyxy. Can be altered depending on how much height the upercut gives you.

#3 Wootywootman

Wootywootman

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:30 AM

XYY XYY XY XYY XY XY XY

^
Everybody copied my poop!

I NEVER saw anybody use that until I started it. All I saw was XYY XYY XYY XY XY.

Of course, I had people tell me that so and so did it before I played. Lies!

#4 xDarkAnsem

xDarkAnsem

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • 881 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:02 AM

XYY XYY XY XYY XY XY XY

^

I NEVER saw anybody use that until I started it. All I saw was XYY XYY XYY XY XY.

I never said that you weren't the source of my roots.

*Bows*

#5 Zephyr

Zephyr

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts
  • Locationis unknown.

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:37 AM

XYY XYY XY XYY XY XY XY

^

I never heard about you until I played Steamboat back when I was #5, lol. My juggling started with yentue69's basic juggling to halfcoordinated's and Thepkr5's approaches and advanced juggling. Now if they took anything from you, I don't know about it. I just learned from my fellow PS3 folks. :D

---

As for the guide, I think it's great! Just mention that increased Magic doesn't affect Tornado Magic damage; it only affects the duration of the tornado. Strength is what increases the tornado's damage. :)

#6 Imperfect Luck

Imperfect Luck

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:33 PM

XYY XYY XY XYY XY XY XY

^

I hope you're kidding Wooty. :|

#7 otto

otto

Chicken Lover [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:02 PM

XYY XYY XY XYY XY XY XY

^

i been doin that combo for yrs....never copied it from anyone...infact anyone can do it,i just worked it out for myself.

#8 Zephyr

Zephyr

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,046 posts
  • Locationis unknown.

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:45 AM

Well I did make a guide myself earlier so this is unneeded. But yeah me woody and imperfect are the best there is. Heck there the only ones that can beat me. So just give up on trying to learn it cuz when u think your good in my eyes your an advanced noob

Last time I played Wooty in a First to 10, I went 7W/10L. There's no need to think you're all that just because you play on XBLA, now. The one time I played, I didn't lose a single game. 16 games 0 losses.

And if you ever wanna play, I'd be glad to ship you a broken PS3 with Castle Crashers downloaded on it. Let me know, then hit up GameCRAZY_02 with an invite. :P

#9 Wootywootman

Wootywootman

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:31 AM

Last time I played Wooty in a First to 10, I went 7W/10L. There's no need to think you're all that just because you play on XBLA, now. The one time I played, I didn't lose a single game. 16 games 0 losses.

And if you ever wanna play, I'd be glad to ship you a broken PS3 with Castle Crashers downloaded on it. Let me know, then hit up GameCRAZY_02 with an invite. :P

Eh, Madbest is the only person besides mojo to beat me in a first to ten. And I've beat both more than they've beat me (mojo only beat me once and madbest 2 times I think). I've beaten imperfect, big sean, cookie donut, and every other good player in first to tens. This, of course, was when I was good.I wouldn't go and challenge madbest cuz you beat me 7 times in a first to 10. I'm not nearly as good as I used to be, and madbest is insane enough to buy a ps3 just to accept ur challenge.

And yes Imperfect, I am serious. lol.
I NEVER saw anybody use that combo. Once I did it I noticed everybody doing it. Maybe you guys did it before I played, but everyone started back up when I began doing it.

#10 Imperfect Luck

Imperfect Luck

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:15 PM

It probably died out after a lot of older players left. Bigsean inuyasha tpain and I were all in a player match maybe 3-4 months after the game came out when we started doing that combo. But like otto said anyone can figure it out, and do it.

Also, I don't believe I have ever first to ten you. In fact, I hardly played you at all outside the tournament. I specifically remember going into the matches with you very nervous, because I had hardly played you at all up to that point, and I didn't really know your play style.

And finally just for randomness, Mojo x Mojo, Wootywootman, Madbestkiller, and Cookiedonut are the best players I've ever played with in this game.

All this arena talk makes me want to play again. :lol:

#11 ThePieGuy

ThePieGuy

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:20 PM

How do all the top players (you guys) know each other? You all seem to have known each other before coming to the forum.

#12 Imperfect Luck

Imperfect Luck

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:13 AM

How do all the top players (you guys) know each other? You all seem to have known each other before coming to the forum.

Mostly from playing together in arena a lot. As often as we play, most good players are bound to run in to each other at some point. Also, from being introduced by other good players.

I think it would be cool to have a thread with all arena knowledge, from multiple top players, consolidated in one topic. :geek:

#13 Lydonious

Lydonious

Chicken Lover [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:01 AM

I look forward to seeing this guide when it's completed. The only thing I'm kind of ehh with is Green Knight listed as a "well-rounded" character. I know that it's possible for him to be as capable as other characters if you know how his combo works but there aren't a lot of players I've seen that can do it consistently. I wouldn't suggest using him for someone who doesn't already know the regular juggle anyway.

#14 drunken feedle

drunken feedle

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:36 PM

Most of the players know each other from either the forums, gamefaqs, or playing each other or joining a party.

Bigsean was ahead of his time and pretty much dominated the game for a year in arena.. from then on his clan of friends spawned off and others came.

Years later we have new champions and they take sean to town
I kind of wish i took up arena but i dont have much interest

#15 xDarkAnsem

xDarkAnsem

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • 881 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:13 AM

I kind of wish i took up arena

You say it like you can't learn anymore. I pretty much learned everything in a week and a half. And I consider myself decent.

#16 Mr Samurai Guy

Mr Samurai Guy

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationA dangerous theater stage

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:55 PM

I want to give a shout out to everyone from this community who's added me and talked to me on XBL. And to everyone that's been dropping in facts and opinions.
Most of all, The Behemoth for making the most succesfully sold indie game. I know you guys have yet to make more. ;)
LHR That1Guy and his buddies
Forgotten Knight
Drunken Feedle
Lydonious
xTenFoldx
BehemothXtine
its alfie
Klutchwon
Klutch Tacticz
Crashers Castles/ Municipal Waste
I actually met LHR in arena, kept joining their games, and ran into Lydonious. I also met Forgotten through LHR.
I added feedle after seeing him on Christine's friend's list. Eveyone else added me after a number of well-played games. lol
:arrow:

#17 drunken feedle

drunken feedle

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:34 PM

I still havnt gotten a chance to play castle crashers and help others back with what I was doing..

:<

I still wish to attempt 4p level 1 insane mode with otto and 2 others who wish to try and have the will to do so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users