21 replies to this topic

#1 BFG

BFG

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:08 PM

Just wanted to check if The Behemoth wishes to continue the moratorium on mentioning Hatty Hattington, or any of the content related to the "Can't Stop Crying Pack", on Castlepedia. All of that information was removed a few months ago at The Behemoth's request.

Thanks!

#2 Yukinari

Yukinari

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:52 PM

I dont see why it was removed when we already know everything about how he plays, theres no point in hiding a surprise that doesnt exist.

#3 SushiGummy

SushiGummy

SuperMod [NPC]

• Super Mod [NPC]
  • 4,245 posts
  • Locationmommy and daddy's house

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

I dont see why it was removed when we already know everything about how he plays, theres no point in hiding a surprise that doesnt exist.

There are people who still don't know about it, they may as well try to keep it from spreading.

#4 Yukinari

Yukinari

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

There are people who still don't know about it, they may as well try to keep it from spreading.

Well lets hope the over 1.8 million people who played the game didnt play online with a single person using Hatty as we speak.

#5 SushiGummy

SushiGummy

SuperMod [NPC]

• Super Mod [NPC]
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:12 PM

Well lets hope the over 1.8 million people who played the game didnt play online with a single person using Hatty as we speak.

Factor out the people:
[*:28dqiiwp]Who don't have Gold
[*:28dqiiwp]Who haven't played the game recently (it released almost 4 years ago)
[*:28dqiiwp]Who also have the PSN version and prefer it
[*:28dqiiwp]Who don't like playing online
[*:28dqiiwp]Who are unable to connect to XBL (which, from what I've seen, has been happening a lot recently)
[*:28dqiiwp]Who have no idea who Hatty is and just assumes he's an unlockable character (I believe we even had a thread recently where someone asked who he was and how to unlock him)
Plus, how common is Hatty to find while playing online? You need to find someone who's hacked him into the game and decides to use him over any other character they have. Compared to the 256, which there were bajillions more of without the choice to use an unhacked character, and even then people still assumed it was just an in-game feature.

Yes, Hatty was leaked, but the only way to really know who he is (or, in some cases, that he actually exists in Castle Crashers) is to look online. I think the game's wiki is always the first place I check when I have a question about a game.

#6 Yukinari

Yukinari

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:15 PM

Youtube exists, other forums exist, fact of the matter is the only people who dont know only just recently bought the game, dont follow Battleblock Theater, or cant play online due to the new issue of online not working.
This is silly anyway and a leaked character isnt even a major concern.

#7 SushiGummy

SushiGummy

SuperMod [NPC]

• Super Mod [NPC]
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:09 PM

Youtube exists, other forums exist, fact of the matter is the only people who dont know only just recently bought the game, dont follow Battleblock Theater, or cant play online due to the new issue of online not working.

And people without Gold. And people who haven't played recently. And everybody else I listed in my last post.

Here's a perfect example of a person who had no idea about Hatty in Castle Crashers:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14444

There are people who love Castle Crashers to death. I'm one of them. But just because someone owns Castle Crashers doesn't mean they follow The Behemoth. Especially after almost 4 years since its original release. I, for example, wouldn't know anything about Hatty being in Castle Crashers if it weren't for the fact that I'm a Mod. I post on a lot of forums, but more than anything I just check the devblogs for updates and Joystiq for news. I know there are YouTube videos and all, but these forums are the only place I've seen Hatty in CC even mentioned.

Then take other games I've played. SpaceChem, Costume Quest, Scott Pilgrim, Fat Princess, LittleBigPlanet. I love these games to death, and I consider Costume Quest and LittleBigPlanet as part of my top favorites. For all I know, these games could be completely broken right now. But, despite the fact that I love these games, I haven't played them for almost half a year. Same deal with Castle Crashers. People could have Monkey Island costumes in LittleBigPlanet and Scott Pilgrim's in-game currency could be bagels. I'd have no way to know unless I looked around for it. I check a lot of game company devblogs, but I've read nothing about LeChuck Sackboys or bagel money, so I really don't have any way of knowing unless I do some research on a bug I don't even know exists, or if I start playing the game again, which probably isn't going to happen. I have piles of games, many I haven't beaten and many I haven't even started. Why play the 2008 Castle Crashers for the bajillionth time when you can be playing Skyward Sword for the first time?

The only reason most of us post on these forums is because we love Behemoth games. That's not the same for everybody outside of the forums. It's probably safe to say that we as a community know more about Behemoth games than over 90% of the total people who play Castle Crashers and Alien Hominid.

How many people do you personally know who own Castle Crashers? How many of those people know all about Hatty being hacked into the game as a character? I know of at least 7 people who own Castle Crashers, and I can guarantee that not a single one of them knows about it. Four of these people got the 256 and didn't even have the slightest idea why they got it or whether or not it was just another part of the game. Compare that to Hatty users, which are a lot less frequent and a lot less suspicious. Most people aren't even going to give it any thought.

#8 Powered by Chicken