#2 Zephyr

Zephyr

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • Locationis unknown.

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:43 AM

Ooooh, very nice list. It's like you read my thoughts on each character and threw them in a Spoiler. ;)

(Might I add that Beekeeper's RT+Y Magic is blockable, by the way? Not that AI blocks anything, but it'd be a nice thing for people to know.)

#3 The Forgotten Knight

The Forgotten Knight

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • LocationMaking out with the Princess'. That's right all of them!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:02 AM

I would like to begin by stating that beating insane mode is not relevent whatsoever to what character type you are using. It is based off of player skill.

Sorry but I have to disagree with the majority of this list. You said max potiental but clearly from your descriptions you actually mean direct damage and recharge ability.

You placed the Sacacen at the bottom of the list. His splash magic has the unique ability to push enemies up in the air and set them up perfectly for a combo attack.

I haven't checked in a while but I'm pretty sure Snakey and the Brute don't do multiple hits with a single splash damage attack.

I don't know why you would rank the Ninjer so high seeing as you need to specifically pick a magic boosting weapon to compensate for his lack of range. Which makes his magic very useless in a crowded insane mode board without one.

Lava World is only one level so I don't see how one type of enemy would reduce the Orange Knight's extended range usefullness against the other 20+ types in the game.

The Blue Knight has one of the best magics in the game. Why he is so low only leads me to conclude you do not know how to use him properly. His freezing magic allows for unparalleled crowd control in the game which can mean the difference between life and death when severely outnumbered. He can stop every enemy directly in front of him with one splash hit and set all of them up for a combo attack. His magic isn't best used to hit and run. It's best used to hit and attack.

#4 drunken feedle

drunken feedle

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:49 AM

Industrialists level 50 drill does the most damage in the game with beholder and snakey. Not sure if fencer is the same. Level 50 drills should be included

#5 VeryBadPlayer

VeryBadPlayer

Hatchling [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:23 AM

The Blue Knight has one of the best magics in the game. Why he is so low only leads me to conclude you do not know how to use him properly.

Sigh. I hate to admit it, but you caught me "red-handed". "I'm a newbie"! SSHHHH. Don't tell anyone. :oops:

#6 halfcoordinated

halfcoordinated

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:25 AM

The Blue Knight has one of the best magics in the game. Why he is so low only leads me to conclude you do not know how to use him properly.

Sigh. I hate to admit it, but you caught me "red-handed". "I'm a newbie"! SSHHHH. Don't tell anyone. :oops:

This made my day.

#7 Zephyr

Zephyr

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,047 posts
  • Locationis unknown.

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:09 AM

Oh, I'll tell EVERYONE about your Cultist addiction. :evil: Heheheh...

#8 VeryBadPlayer

VeryBadPlayer

Hatchling [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:28 AM

:cry: Everyones picking on me. :cry:

#9 T Diamond

T Diamond

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:31 AM

This is an interesting list. It seems like you haven't really explored a lot of the characters potentials.
Like Forgotten said, Blue knight is one of the best knights in the game. Also, inbetween battles, the King is a free potion f0r you and your team. So as long as you can juggle, he's better than any Arrow Magic user and Torando magic.

#10 VeryBadPlayer

VeryBadPlayer

Hatchling [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:07 AM

This is an interesting list. It seems like you haven't really explored a lot of the characters potentials.
Like Forgotten said, Blue knight is one of the best knights in the game. Also, inbetween battles, the King is a free potion f0r you and your team. So as long as you can juggle, he's better than any Arrow Magic user and Torando magic.

You know what, you and Forgotten are "absolutely" right! The Blue knight is one of the best knights in the game and I just found out his magic could freeze enemies. I've never thought about healing myself and others after battles when using the King. That's actually a really good idea so thank you for that. :D

Like I mentioned in my response to Forgotten, I'm still relatively new to the game. I'm still in the process of trying to learn how to juggle enemies so hopefully I'll master that technique in the future. Thanks again.

#11 Marbo

Marbo

Hatchling [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:22 AM

Thank you.

This is the best Character Tier List available, and I wanted to thank you for posting it. :D

#12 otto

otto

Chicken Lover [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:27 PM

lol...i've soloed all the guys on insane,i know which is good and bad...but its all subjective to how you play,skill lvl,if you only solo or only play multi player.one mans dish maybe another mans poison if you know what i mean.
and i'd like to add a brief example..the Red knight is considered the best in the game.but take him to the insane arenas and believe me he sux! Blue knight however makes it easier.
my 2 cents....

#13 drunken feedle

drunken feedle

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

Thank you.

This is the best Character Tier List available, and I wanted to thank you for posting it. :D

BEST LIST EVER 11/!@

#14 Zephyr

Zephyr

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,047 posts
  • Locationis unknown.

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

lol...i've soloed all the guys on insane,i know which is good and bad...but its all subjective to how you play,skill lvl,if you only solo or only play multi player.one mans dish maybe another mans poison if you know what i mean.
and i'd like to add a brief example..the Red knight is considered the best in the game.but take him to the insane arenas and believe me he sux! Blue knight however makes it easier.
my 2 cents....

I agree with Otto.
Each character can be used for different reasons. Red Knight is great for those who don't juggle (and AMAZING for those who do), Blue Knight's freeze ability comes in handy for almost everything except bosses, and Industrialist's magic can be spammed to provide crowd control/kill off bosses quickly.
Like Otto said, it all depends on skill level, character compatibility, and preference. :)

#15 halfcoordinated

halfcoordinated

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:21 PM

You know what, you and Forgotten are "absolutely" right! The Blue knight is one of the best knights in the game and I just found out his magic could freeze enemies. I've never thought about healing myself and others after battles when using the King. That's actually a really good idea so thank you for that. :D

Like I mentioned in my response to Forgotten, I'm still relatively new to the game. I'm still in the process of trying to learn how to juggle enemies so hopefully I'll master that technique in the future. Thanks again.

Stop trolling everyone.

#16 otto

otto

Chicken Lover [Level 4]

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:10 AM

What i'd like to see is an in depth character guide,as in what lvls they are good at in comparison to others,what bosses they struggle with or beat easily,how thier magic can be awesome on some lvls but suck on others,strategies etc...But it would be lengthy and time consuming and i think more debatable than a tier list.

#17 Zephyr

Zephyr

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,047 posts
  • Locationis unknown.

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:07 AM

Actually now I'm kinda sad...

#18 drunken feedle

drunken feedle

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

What i'd like to see is an in depth character guide,as in what lvls they are good at in comparison to others,what bosses they struggle with or beat easily,how thier magic can be awesome on some lvls but suck on others,strategies etc...But it would be lengthy and time consuming and i think more debatable than a tier list.

Bingo..
I mentioned before each character is good at something weather its bosses, arena, reach of magic, # of times magic hits, level 50 drill combo, elemental melee, enemies that are immune to magic (ie poison on skeleton).

Every character can juggle, spam arrows so the only thing left to base the character on is magic, and elemental attacks.

Magic- number of times it hits, regen power, damage, reach, story, arena, bosses etc.

Like fennix failed in his guide.. green knight is the worst... thats bullocks.
Green knight has the highest damage per magic hit x3, combined with the poison weapon your juggles can poison causing even more damage. How can someone rate this character so low?

His magic does multiple hits, elemental combo does poison, he can juggle if you dont spam y,y in his combos.

#19 otto

otto

Chicken Lover [Level 4]

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

fenixs' guide is pretty darn accurate except for the Green Knight part.But how many times have we (feedle) played co-op and how many times have i used the "supposed" best knight (RED KNIGHT) in the game? Answer...NONE.
To me the Red is not the best.

#20 drunken feedle

drunken feedle

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:47 PM

fenixs' guide is pretty darn accurate except for the Green Knight part.But how many times have we (feedle) played co-op and how many times have i used the "supposed" best knight (RED KNIGHT) in the game? Answer...NONE.
To me the Red is not the best.

Since I've played with you I never see you pick red. Ever!
I never pick red either.. no one does.

Only reason I pick green is cause one of my favourite colours and I love the poison magic. Also like doing different juggles with him.

youve helped me with at least 20 gold skulls or more along with forgotten.. None of us used the red knight. Always industrial, fencer or whoever. Never really mattered as long as we got the job done.

Fencer and industrialist co-op kills bosses in seconds.
The ultimate lineup for me would be
Industrial/Fencer/Brute/Green
Thats just my opinion since they kill the bosses quickest and the rest can be juggled.

Solo... same picks for me. Why waste your time trying to kill the bosses when you can do it quick. Juggle everything else.

Since I've been playing this game back when it first came out and we knew nothing.. Red was the n00b #1 character to pick. I mean getting exp from single foes and grinding exp he might just be the best but he's garbage.

If I played arena a little more id have a better input for the arena stuff..
Hominid is my fav for arena since his magic is so damn fast and burns. Can't compete with that unless you just do juggles.

Also king could be extremely usefull in arena if you wanted cheap heals and hid in the corner etc.

If your going to pick #1 for story mode then yes industrialist/fencer are #1 and their drill combo along with snakey mace and beholder make their attack do 205 or 207 damage with full strength and magic.

#2 would have to be brute/snakey but im not sure if their drills are higher then the other characters.. need to test them all out but my green knight is level 1 for the insane mode thing. :/

#21 ChampionRage

ChampionRage

Hatchling [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:21 PM

I wouldnt say Red is bad. Though it is annoying in arena when n00bs abuse it. It is helpful with the conehead groom and necromancer due to them being heavies.

#22 The Forgotten Knight

The Forgotten Knight

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,794 posts
  • LocationMaking out with the Princess'. That's right all of them!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:55 PM

I didn't agree with the majority of your guide but that doesn't mean you had to get rid of it entirely. Everyone is entitled to come up with guides they think will help other players. Criticism shouldn't discourage you.

#23 FG10

FG10

Hatchling [Level 1]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:05 AM

not sure if srs

#24 VeryBadPlayer

VeryBadPlayer

Hatchling [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

Any chance a mod can permanently delete this post? I don't have the patience to deal with people's garbage I get on psn about this topic.

Thank you.

#25 SushiGummy

SushiGummy

SuperMod [NPC]

• Super Mod [NPC]
  • 4,210 posts
  • Locationmommy and daddy's house

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:43 PM

Any chance a mod can permanently delete this post? I don't have the patience to deal with people's garbage I get on psn about this topic.

Thank you.

I can lock it and it'll die out eventually. What garbage on the PSN are you referring to?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users