8 replies to this topic

#1 legitguy11

legitguy11

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:43 AM

Someone named SKOSSMAN hacked himself number 1 in every ps3 CC leaderboard. I know he hacked cuz no one gets 3000 in one day and 13000000000 experience in a day. So bethmoth put your foot down and kick his u know what. :evil:

#2 halfcoordinated

halfcoordinated

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:16 AM

Hacking, maybe not. But he definitely used illegitimate methods to get up there for the arena and volleyball leaderboards at the very least. He played around 1,000 arena matches in two days or less... which is impossible on PS3 unless you are simply rigging matches with multiple systems. There just aren't enough people playing arena, anyone that has tried it on PS3 knows this.
The fact that he would immediately flee my lobby upon entering doesn't really help his case either.

I'm glad someone out of my close circle of friends can see how obvious it is. I'm not expecting anything to be done about it, so at this point I'm just going to consider the true #1 to be the second spot on all leaderboards. XBLA players have always had to do that for arena anyways.

#3 BFG

BFG

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:11 AM

Great...so some loser has ruined the PS3 leaderboards as well. Don't these people have anything better to do?

#4 drunken feedle

drunken feedle

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

is there a way to report them like xbox live?

#5 Guest_aced211_*

Guest_aced211_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:07 AM

There is player reporting, but unfortunately, Sony is a large corporation. Unless it's it's a game breaking hack or there's money involved, it's unlikely that anything will be done on their end. Anyone with access to multiple systems and a lot of time can exploit their way to the top of the CC leaderboards.

Seeing as this person has the money for multiple systems and copies of the game, shared or otherwise, I can't imagine Sony being unhappy about it. Especially for a part of a game that the PS3 community sadly hardly touches.

Like Half said, it's so blatantly obvious we can simply ignore the #1 slot.

#6 T Diamond

T Diamond

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:54 AM

Great...so some loser has ruined the PS3 leaderboards as well. Don't these people have anything better to do?

I always wonder what motivates people to do things like this?

#7 drunken feedle

drunken feedle

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:44 PM

well honestly if you call bunch together and report this player they might look into it.

We had that problem with this game and things got extremely out of hand. 60,000 mods, 256 etc.

I blame microsoft for hiring idiots who don't have a clue what hackers/modders and not looking into situations before they end up far worse.

Another prime example on live is COD WAW. Nothing but hackers going god mode and all it would take is one enforcer to spend a day joining random lobbies and banning people.

Hell pay me and I'll do it all year!

#8 T Diamond

T Diamond

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:10 PM

well honestly if you call bunch together and report this player they might look into it.

We had that problem with this game and things got extremely out of hand. 60,000 mods, 256 etc.

I blame microsoft for hiring idiots who don't have a clue what hackers/modders and not looking into situations before they end up far worse.

Another prime example on live is COD WAW. Nothing but hackers going god mode and all it would take is one enforcer to spend a day joining random lobbies and banning people.

Hell pay me and I'll do it all year!

the idea sounds good in theory, but I know games where that has happened. The obvious modders get banned, but then anyone who suspected of modding gets banned as well, even if they didn't get banned. I think the most famous case is "the guy" or something like that on MW2.
I personally like Banhammers myself. I've never had any problem with one and when they're good they keep the game pretty fair.

#9 Zephyr

Zephyr

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,049 posts
  • Locationis unknown.

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:41 AM

the idea sounds good in theory, but I know games where that has happened. The obvious modders get banned, but then anyone who suspected of modding gets banned as well, even if they didn't get banned. I think the most famous case is "the guy" or something like that on MW2.
I personally like Banhammers myself. I've never had any problem with one and when they're good they keep the game pretty fair.

You're thinking of "The Pro" (or more recently, "The Man"), who was harassed many times on MW2 just because he was a moderator on XBLA. After countless times of being lenient and letting things slide, he lost his temper and abused his power, thus losing his job.

~~~

I hate cheaters though. Some people really need lives. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users