Photo

"Normal Guys Save Insane Kingdom" Run. No Stats Ever!

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 halfcoordinated

halfcoordinated

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

What happens when a normal, everyday peasant and civilian decide to save an insane kingdom from destruction? Aced211 and I have decided to find out. With Aced as the Civilian and myself as the Peasant, we have started a level 1 insane mode run with a few interesting if a bit sadistic rules to ensure that we stay "normal guys" for the duration of the playthrough.

RULES

1. No stats, ever. The only statistical increases will be the small bonuses from leveling up; not a single stat point will be used.

2. Default weapons only. We're saving those princesses using our humble pitchfork and wooden spoon, as the Ill-equipped average man would.

3. Meowburt (+3 Agility) only. Followed into battle by our faithful barncats, we shall dodge attackers... a bit faster.

4. Items and potions allowed. We shall need our every tool and ingenuity to succeed.

In addition to all this, we are going to keep track of and share with you the number of times that we die on our quest. Have fun guessing how many times we shall leave this virtual mortal coil. This run has not yet been finished, and the videos will be posted as we go. Following is a playlist of what has been completed so far.

http://www.youtube.c...3FD33D793AFFCDA

Edited by halfcoordinated, 14 April 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#2 Zephyr

Zephyr

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts
  • Locationis unknown.

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

Yay, it's up. :D

Also, my guess of your total deaths: 938 TOTAL.

#3 halfcoordinated

halfcoordinated

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

Haha Zephyr, so positive. For anyone having issues with the link, right click it and select "open link in new tab" or window if you prefer. This new forum setup does NOT like links it seems. I tried individual video links and it auto-embedded them then told me I had too many media files. Oh well, this works well enough I suppose.

#4 BFG

BFG

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

I'll go with...1337 deaths. Wait...

In all seriousness, though, I'd recommend that one of you switch to Scratchpaw, Sherbert or Chicken (for a little variety). It still fits the theme :)
And, to me, any of the weapons used by the Peasant or Civilain NPCs (in The Marsh) should be fair game. Fishing Rod FTW!

Edited by BFG, 14 April 2012 - 07:47 PM.

#5 Imperfect Luck

Imperfect Luck

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

I'll go with...1337 deaths. Wait...

In all seriousness, though, I'd recommend that one of you switch to Scratchpaw, Sherbert or Chicken (for a little variety). It still fits the theme :)
And, to me, any of the weapons used by the Peasant or Civilain NPCs (in The Marsh) should be fair game. Fishing Rod FTW!

Nah, that +1 strength will do little for them, but that extra speed from meowburt will.

#6 T Diamond

T Diamond

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

My fingers are hurting just thinking about doing this. I don't even want to attempt this. Full Moon, Interior castle and Desert are looking pretty hard now. But I guess by the time you get there, you'd be level 99 and have a semi decent HP stat.

#7 Zephyr

Zephyr

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,049 posts
  • Locationis unknown.

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:16 AM

My fingers are hurting just thinking about doing this. I don't even want to attempt this. Full Moon, Interior castle and Desert are looking pretty hard now. But I guess by the time you get there, you'd be level 99 and have a semi decent HP stat.

With about an increase of 10 HP per every ten levels, they'll die in one hit just starting on Wedding Crash (good luck on Groom, by the way).
That is why they have potions, though.

#8 VeryBadPlayer

VeryBadPlayer

Hatchling [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:00 AM

With potions they'll be fine at Groom. They're two of the most knowledgeable and experienced players, so I'm confident they'll be able to pull it off. I do want to see the Corn Boss battle though.

#9 AnToniTo

AnToniTo

Hatchling [Level 1]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

IF You do the Necromancer, I'll...I'll...

#10 VeryBadPlayer

VeryBadPlayer

Hatchling [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:28 AM

Ohh god, another Necromancer request. That was like 70% of my psn mailbox. It does seem like that's all people ever care about. I do think the second half of the map is going to be fun watching.

#11 aced211

aced211

Eggie [Level 0]

• New Registrations
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

Thanks VBP for the vote of confidence. I still have doubts about my endurance for this endeavor. Let me just say, the troll boss was torture. The unedited video for that stage alone was just over 30 mins. I'm glad that part is over.

Parts I'm worried about, difficulty-wise:
  • Desert - for sheer length of the stage and that it needs to be near error free.
  • Marsh - beefy area.
  • Necro - again, beefies.
Parts I'm dreading due to reptetitive time wasting:
  • Industrial Castle - the Mechanical Hand
  • Marsh Troll
  • Corn boss
  • Full Moon
  • Ice King
  • Painter's Paintings
Fortunately, I am enjoying the challenge. Wish us continued luck.

#12 BFG

BFG

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

Nah, that +1 strength will do little for them, but that extra speed from meowburt will.

Oh, you think the Animal Orbs should be helpful? Well, that's different then. (I thought about suggesting Pazzo or Mr. Buddy...)

But still, +2 Agility / +1 Strength isn't that much different than +3 Agility. And it gives a little more variety to the run to use two different Orbs.

Edited by BFG, 16 April 2012 - 05:14 PM.

#13 BFG

BFG

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

I was kind of hoping I could use these videos to determine the HP counts for each enemy type, for posting to the Wiki. But, I suspect that's impossible, since CC doesn't give any indication exactly when the enemy dies in a juggle.

#14 VeryBadPlayer

VeryBadPlayer

Hatchling [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:48 AM

I was kind of hoping I could use these videos to determine the HP counts for each enemy type, for posting to the Wiki. But, I suspect that's impossible, since CC doesn't give any indication exactly when the enemy dies in a juggle.

I know what you're trying to get at. The thing about knowing every enemies HP is that although it's a fun fact to know, it's not going to be helpful in actual battle. No one is going to do all the mental math calculations in their head to know the exact amount of HP an enemy has remaining. I was playing with halfcoordinated something like 3 or 4 months ago, and he had a friend that wanted to know all the HP's of each individual enemy.

The level 50 combo and xyy combo only last a few seconds anyways. The only combo that can easily go on forever is the xxyy. In the videos for the most part, they're just estimating the slam counts. I actually have the slam count numbers for a level 99 character going through insane mode juggling the lightweight characters if you're interested. Just let me know.

#15 halfcoordinated

halfcoordinated

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

Parts 6-8 are now up! http://www.youtube.c...3FD33D793AFFCDA < right click

BFG, the use of meowburt is as you guessed part theme and part utility. I wouldn't be against using scratchpaw for utility since I do 1 less damage than aced... but a peasant shouldn't own a tiger.

As for the HP, I'm honestly too lazy to count xxyy slams. So far I've just been stopping when I don't see my XP going up anymore... but that'll be void soon enough.

Thanks for the interest in this run everyone. I hope it turns out as entertaining as it is destructive to our finger joints.

Edited by halfcoordinated, 17 April 2012 - 07:48 AM.

#16 BFG

BFG

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

Parts 6-8 are now up! http://www.youtube.c...3FD33D793AFFCDA < right click

BFG, the use of meowburt is as you guessed part theme and part utility. I wouldn't be against using scratchpaw for utility since I do 1 less damage than aced... but a peasant shouldn't own a tiger.

Scratchpaw's a TIGER? I just thought he was a tiger-striped kitty. Yeah, that probably wouldn't make a lot of sense then. What about Sherbert?

#17 disgaea_999

disgaea_999

Hatchling [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationIn The World Of Diablo

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

What about Cardinal Hes Just A Bird. Mr Buddy Or Pazzo They Are Dogs. Then Theres Snailburt, Think Would Be Most Accepted To Me. Just Due To The Fact Both Dont Have Any Money.

#18 Zephyr

Zephyr

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,049 posts
  • Locationis unknown.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:31 AM

What about Sherbert?

Eww, that extra jump height does more bad than good (mainly for juggle starts). :-P

#19 halfcoordinated

halfcoordinated

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

All those suggested orbs kinda fail the utility part. Sherbert's higher jump effect is more detrimental than helpful, we don't need to find any "hidden" items, we don't need to dig, and the defense boost simply wouldn't help as much as higher agility. Later in the game I'm sure most things will one-hit kill us even with +5 defense... and we're already so slow.

Also though, we've already started the run. I wouldn't want to switch now.

#20 BFG

BFG

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:13 AM

Heh, I suggested Sherbert for theme, not for utility :)

#21 AnToniTo

AnToniTo

Hatchling [Level 1]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

Waiting for dat next part :>

#22 disgaea_999

disgaea_999

Hatchling [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

What About The PitchFork Couldn't You Use That? A Peasent Can Have That.

#23 Zephyr

Zephyr

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,049 posts
  • Locationis unknown.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

What About The PitchFork Couldn't You Use That? A Peasent Can Have That.

They're staying with default weapons. What you see in the first video is what they'll use for the rest of the run.

#24 disgaea_999

disgaea_999

Hatchling [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:31 AM

I Feel Dumb He Even Says At The Start The PitchFork And Spoon... Well Now Must Of Skiped Past That. My Bad.

#25 halfcoordinated

halfcoordinated

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

Parts 9 through 11 are up! http://www.youtube.c...feature=mh_lolz < right click

So you guys know, the groom is included in this section.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users