13 replies to this topic

#1 megan

megan

Admin [NPC]

• Admin [NPC]
  • 518 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

[Edit] This contest is now closed. Please return to forums the week of May 8th to vote for your favorite story entry out of the 10 finalists!

Posted Image

Aspiring writers (and professional writers) this is your chance to flex your finger muscles and type up a short story for cool stuff!

Choose 2 knights as your protagonist or antagonist (main characters) and create a short back-story for those characters. (Green knight, Red knight, Blue knight, Orange knight, Grey knight, or Pink knight)

You can write in any style that you want. However, please check for grammatical and spelling errors before submitting. We will not edit it for you!

Rules:
  • Entries must be 450-550 words in length. No more and no less.
  • You must e-mail your entries to games[at]thebehemoth[dot]com
  • The deadline to enter will be May 1st, 2012 at 5pm PST.
  • Up to 2 entries per person only. Anyone can enter!
  • Finalists will be selected that weekend and posted on The Behemoth Community Forums on May 8th.
  • *Active forum members will get a week to vote for their favorite story.
  • Writing will be considered purely fictional and will not serve as an official story for those characters.
  • Winners will be announced by May 16th and prizes will be distributed shortly after.
  • Winners must be okay with us reblogging the story (linking it to Twitter, Facebook, Google+).
  • A total of 5 prizes will be given away:

Posted Image

Your choice of Castle Crashers on XBLA / PSN America

or a BattleBlock "**Duck Shark" T-shirt

(Tee only available at trade shows!)

*Active forum members = members with more than 5 approved posts. Newly registered members are unable to vote in the polls and must wait for approval from moderators before posts are visible.

**Check out Duck Shark in the opening cinematic of BattleBlock Theater!

Attached Files

#2 DaShroom

DaShroom

Chicken Lover [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationOn the dark side of the moon. It's a bit nippy up here, got a coat?

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

• Entries must be 450-550 words in length. No more and no less.

Oh dear. That's not a lot.

Challenge Accepted. :cool:

#3 Zephyr

Zephyr

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts
  • Locationis unknown.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

I am sooo entering this... :evil:

#4 scarabix

scarabix

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts
  • LocationThe nether reaches of oblivion (about fifty miles from paris)

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

Ahem.

This is my try at telling the green knight's story.
The grey knight is in here, too!

It had been this way for days. Every time he finally managed to sleep, be it for a second, the sound of slicing woke him up. From this particular cell, he could hear it all day; either from the outside, where the barbarian and the royal soldiers' heads kept raining down, or from the inside of the castle, where death sentences were given to the sorcerers.

Henry had felt closer to the barbarians than he had ever felt to the king, let alone his presumptuous guards.
His magical powers had brought nothing good to his life. Not only was it frowned upon, but there was nothing good his magic could've accomplished. For years he had been an outcast of society, hiding from the other people in the kingdom.

That was, until he attempted to take the king's life. In his sleep he could see this moment over and over again: him, entering the royal kitchen, under the guard's watch. With so many people trying to kill the king, it was mandatory that he was to be searched for weapons and narcotics. What they didn't know, is that the poison really was inside him, for the whole time; ever since he was born, actually. That would probably be the only time his power would've helped him, or so did he think.

Naturally, Henry got caught. He never was the sneaky kind of guy, anyway. The green smoke produced from his body didn’t help, to be honest. What did it matter, really? In a matter of days, his head would be cut off, and his life over.

Accompanied by the sound of footsteps came a large, grey figure. "So, did you reconsider my offer?" the guard said. For the third time this week, the familiar shape stood in the doorway. "You have nothing to lose at this point. It's simple, you deal with this barbarian problem, and your debt to the kingdom is considered paid. Of course, that technically make you a knight, which means we could still need you, even with the barbarian problem out of the way”. The man in the grey-plated armor took out an axe “Or I could put an end to this miserable life of yours, as soon as you want. But that’s not what we want, is it?”

Henry had reconsidered. He did not want to become yet another headless corpse. He didn't want to be another of the king's cannon fodders, either. But at this point, what he really wanted to do was survive. And since he's still here in his scratched, distinctive green-plated armor to tell me his story today, I guess that's what he did.

Now, why he reached as far as my chapel, through the thieves’ forest and the flowery field, I wouldn’t know. He said he was here to buy some potions, and that he and his friends were mostly in for the girls and loots at this point, but his new life seems much more enjoyable to him. Although judging by the stains on his cleaver, I think he has got over the sound of heads being sliced off.

Might need a few touches, but consider this as the final version.

Edited by scarabix, 25 April 2012 - 12:04 AM.

#5 scarabix

scarabix

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,835 posts
  • LocationThe nether reaches of oblivion (about fifty miles from paris)

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:04 AM

My second entry, spoiler-ed due to immature content.
Spoiler

Oh no, not curse words!

Edited by scarabix, 25 April 2012 - 01:07 AM.

#6 Basilisco

Basilisco

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationNo soy de aqui

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

I shouldn't say this since you guys are my competition but it does say You must e-mail your entries to games[at]thebehemoth[dot]com So yeah I advice doing so instead of posting it here (unless you already did then nevermind)

#7 megan

megan

Admin [NPC]

• Admin [NPC]
  • 518 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

Oh yeah, please e-mail it. :) Best of luck to all y'all!

#8 Yonodama Hiro

Yonodama Hiro

Eggie [Level 0]

• New Registrations
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

I sent it to games[at]thebehemoth[dot]com

I hope to win! I loved the T-shirt!

#9 AngryScholar

AngryScholar

Eggie [Level 0]

• New Registrations
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

Interesting way to get fans involved. I'll give it a go.

#10 The Bombadiliest

The Bombadiliest

Hatchling [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationIn a nutshell. Please help

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:22 PM

Would you like our two entries submitted seperately or together?

#11 DaShroom

DaShroom

Chicken Lover [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationOn the dark side of the moon. It's a bit nippy up here, got a coat?

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

Posted Image

Sent!

#12 megan

megan

Admin [NPC]

• Admin [NPC]
  • 518 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

Would you like our two entries submitted seperately or together?

Either is fine. Just a limit of 2 per person. :wink:

#13 The Bombadiliest

The Bombadiliest

Hatchling [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationIn a nutshell. Please help

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:35 PM

Submitted! Hope you enjoy.

#14 Zephyr

Zephyr

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts
  • Locationis unknown.

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:48 AM

Sent it in last night! By the way, I think the winner should get an autograph and a Blacksmith Pack code... :ph34r:

Anyways, best of luck to everyone who entered! :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: contest, castle crashers, battleblock theater

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users