#1 spacetime penguin 32

spacetime penguin 32

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Locationin a dimension beyond your comprehension

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

why doesnt anyone want to play as the gray knight, i mean he has free bombs so you never have to waste money on those, its not like his magic is horrible, and character abillitys are your choice, so why does no one like to play as the gray knight, is just the fact that he isnt a color, or is it that his magic is boring, but for whatever reason, people just dont like the gray knight. :cry:

#2 BFG

BFG

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

Personally, I like the Gray Knight; I use him quite a bit. My only complaint is that having both him and the Open Faced Gray Knight seems like a waste - I'd rather than Open Faced were replaced with some other (more unique) character.

#3 DarrellThody

DarrellThody

Eggie [Level 0]

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

I have the gray knight as my highest leveled character right now. I've enevr spent so much time as a character than as him

#4 scarabix

scarabix

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,833 posts
  • LocationThe nether reaches of oblivion (about fifty miles from paris)

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

Personally, I like the Gray Knight; I use him quite a bit. My only complaint is that having both him and the Open Faced Gray Knight seems like a waste - I'd rather than Open Faced were replaced with some other (more unique) character.

The forest trollkin and industrial prince both come to mind.

#5 Brainiak

Brainiak

Hatchling [Level 1]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSomewhere, over the rainbow!!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

I play has Gray Knight all the time. I think the circle eyes are cooler than the other knights'. The color is simple, which I like. As for his magic, the arrow storm is definitely my least favorite, but the bombs are pretty awesome.

#6 spacetime penguin 32

spacetime penguin 32

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

yeah a more unique thing than an oppened face gray knight would be a royal blue knight that has the same abillitys as the gray knight and is the kings royal guardian or something

#7 Dropped Your Pocket

Dropped Your Pocket

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Moderator [Mod level 2]
  • 4,411 posts
  • LocationMinnesnowta

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

I think it's his picture. He looks like he's clueless, and has no idea WTH is going on XD

#8 T Diamond

T Diamond

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:23 AM

Well I was using conehead long before I was using Grey Knight, that's one reason I don't use grey knight as often.

As for nobody using gray knight: Most novice players can't even spell weave. Advance players who can spell weave, don't bomb spell weave that often. The only four times I've seen people bomb spell weave was funnyfrog, spiralout, Fienix (although he was just trying to master it at the time, I've never actually seen him use it as a strategy), and Otto once.

For those who are wondering what spell weaving is:

Edited by T Diamond, 16 May 2012 - 06:24 AM.

#9 spacetime penguin 32

spacetime penguin 32

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

hmm never seen this used ever but looks cool. :cool:

#10 T Diamond

T Diamond

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:10 AM

Wait how do you use a bomb user without spell weaving? Do you just not use bombs or do you sit on the ground and spam them? I can't imagine that being very successful in insane mode.

Edited by T Diamond, 17 May 2012 - 06:10 AM.

#11 Dropped Your Pocket

Dropped Your Pocket

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• 4,411 posts
  • LocationMinnesnowta

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

Wait how do you use a bomb user without spell weaving? Do you just not use bombs or do you sit on the ground and spam them? I can't imagine that being very successful in insane mode.

I can't imagine it being very successful in normal mode lol

#12 scarabix

scarabix

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,833 posts
  • LocationThe nether reaches of oblivion (about fifty miles from paris)

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

I play has Gray Knight all the time. I think the circle eyes are cooler than the other knights'. The color is simple, which I like. As for his magic, the arrow storm is definitely my least favorite, but the bombs are pretty awesome.

Definetly not a splash attack you want to use when even the barbarian's is better, esthetically at least.

#13 T Diamond

T Diamond

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:28 PM

Definetly not a splash attack you want to use when even the barbarian's is better, esthetically at least.

I think arrow magic is somewhat underrated. It hits with normal power which means nothing is strong to it. (That also means nothing is weak to it, but most of the time you don't rely on your enemy being weak to your magic anyways)
Except for Dark magic, normal magic is the only magic that can be used against every enemy without having to worry about reduced damage. (not including the obvious exception of cult minions)

#14 Zephyr

Zephyr

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,049 posts
  • Locationis unknown.

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:18 AM

Except for Dark magic, normal magic is the only magic that can be used against every enemy without having to worry about reduced damage. (not including the obvious exception of cult minions)

I'd like to add that all magic that doesn't include arrows, daggers, axes, or elements actually damage the Cultists regularly. Dark magic and Buzzsaw magic are two examples. :D

#15 T Diamond

T Diamond

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:04 AM

I'd like to add that all magic that doesn't include arrows, daggers, axes, or elements actually damage the Cultists regularly. Dark magic and Buzzsaw magic are two examples. :D

Oh well I stand corrected. Honestly I don't really use magic against them anyways, but that's good to know!

#16 halfcoordinated

halfcoordinated

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:06 AM

A decent plus to arrow magic is that they have good knockback and can cover an area consistently when spammed due to how slowly they fall. Are they still bad? Yep.

I've used spellweaving with bombs (and pink knight's weasels/penguins) on numerous occasions in the desert and necromancer battle, although I tend to avoid it these days as I used it more as a crutch than anything.

#17 T Diamond

T Diamond

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

A decent plus to arrow magic is that they have good knockback and can cover an area consistently when spammed due to how slowly they fall. Are they still bad? Yep.

For the most part, I think anything that isn't the 4 original knights and saws is subpar magic in insane mode.

#18 Zephyr

Zephyr

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,049 posts
  • Locationis unknown.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:35 AM

For the most part, I think anything that isn't the 4 original knights and saws is subpar magic in insane mode.

You're forgetting Brute, Snakey, Pink Knight, and Icekimo...

#19 T Diamond

T Diamond

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:45 AM

You're forgetting Brute, Snakey, Pink Knight, and Icekimo...

Well I did say for the most part :-P

#20 Zephyr

Zephyr

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,049 posts
  • Locationis unknown.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:25 PM

That doesn't count.

And face it, Gray Knight is just straight up weird.

#21 Dropped Your Pocket

Dropped Your Pocket

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• 4,411 posts
  • LocationMinnesnowta

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:12 PM

That doesn't count.

I feel like if I play as the Gray Knight, I'll act as stupid as the ones that seem to always die in a head-on assault against enemies

#22 Zephyr

Zephyr

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,049 posts
  • Locationis unknown.

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:10 AM

That doesn't count.

I feel like if I play as the Gray Knight, I'll act as stupid as the ones that seem to always die in a head-on assault against enemies

Exactly.
On the other hand, Gray Knight 2 is a boss, since he shows the justice in his eyes.

#23 Dropped Your Pocket

Dropped Your Pocket

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• 4,411 posts
  • LocationMinnesnowta

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

That doesn't count.

Exactly.
On the other hand, Gray Knight 2 is a boss, since he shows the justice in his eyes.

"Gray Knight 2, what do you want for breakfast?"
"JUSTICE!"

#24 NinjaTre

NinjaTre

Eggie [Level 0]

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:13 AM

Personally, the Gray Knight is my favorite character so far in the game, even though i have not unlocked all characters. *Turns to PS3 and continues spamming bombs and arrows*. Though it would be nice if the Legend of teh Blacksmith DLC was available in America at the moment.
I find jumping, then spamming bombs (or other bouncing projectiles, such as the Pink Knight's penguins/weasels) is an easy way to get rid of brutes. It is also an easy way to beat your friends/other players in arena mode.

#25 T Diamond

T Diamond

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:18 PM

I find jumping, then spamming bombs (or other bouncing projectiles, such as the Pink Knight's penguins/weasels) is an easy way to get rid of brutes.

There's only two brutes in the game though. :???:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users