#1 megan

megan

Admin [NPC]

• Admin [NPC]
  • 560 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

Hi All,

It's been a while since we posted up some news on the forums. We'll be doing our official blog post in just a few minutes, but wanted to share some exciting news with you first!

Since its debut in 2008, Castle Crashers has had a steady increase of fans and leaderboard numbers on XBLA. We’re excited about our upcoming 3 million leaderboard milestone, which is why we’ve decided to bring back…

Posted Image

With all these millions of people playing Castle Crashers… many have asked for another chance to show up other players and prove that they have the unparalleled skillz, the bestest combos, the most awesome attacks. Finally, we will yet again know:

Who is the best Castle Crashers Arena Fighter in all the world?

To be eligible for the tournament you have to be in the top 100 Weekly Ranked Arena players on the Castle Crashers leaderboards at noon (PST) on August 17, 2012. You will have all that week to battle amongst yourselves to claim those spots. The top 100 will compete in 1 on 1 Arena matches, in a single elimination tournament format on Saturday August 25th, until we have a victor! You have less than 2 weeks to hone your skills before the tournament begins, so get to it!

Check out This Page for prizes, full rules and contest info!! Updates to be posted on the development blog.

#2 Zephyr

Zephyr

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts
  • Locationis unknown.

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

I better steal my bro's Xbox for a couple weeks...

But anyway, I read the whole blog post, and at the bottom, it said something that made my day.

PlayStation Castle Crashers fans can relax until the Fall of 2012. Then they’ll have to take out their armor and prepare for their own battles in the first ever PSN Castle Crashers Tournament of Champions. Details to be posted in early autumn and tournament will take place sometime in November.

FINALLY! It looks like I can come out of retirement! I don't plan on relaxing... :evil:

#3 BFG

BFG

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:50 AM

PlayStation Castle Crashers fans can relax until the Fall of 2012. Then they’ll have to take out their armor and prepare for their own battles in the first ever PSN Castle Crashers Tournament of Champions. Details to be posted in early autumn and tournament will take place sometime in November.

Fantastic! I'd better start hitting CC hard...since I lost all my data I doubt there's any way I can get to the top 100 in time. Rats!

On a side note, Megan - might I suggest a little incentive to the winner, in the form of something like a Necromancer figurine, or *ahem* a playable Industrial Prince? :)

#4 Imperfect Luck

Imperfect Luck

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:16 AM

Fantastic! I'd better start hitting CC hard...since I lost all my data I doubt there's any way I can get to the top 100 in time. Rats!

On a side note, Megan - might I suggest a little incentive to the winner, in the form of something like a Necromancer figurine, or *ahem* a playable Industrial Prince? :)

The winner does get a Necromancer figurine, a signed one. :D

#5 True213

True213

Elder Chicken [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts
  • LocationCastle Crashers Arena. BattleBlock Theater Muckle Games.

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:18 AM

Lets hope the people who couldnt participate last year can this year...

#6 Dropped Your Pocket

Dropped Your Pocket

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Moderator [Mod level 2]
  • 4,506 posts
  • LocationMinnesnowta

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:44 AM

I better steal my bro's Xbox for a couple weeks...

But anyway, I read the whole blog post, and at the bottom, it said something that made my day.

FINALLY! It looks like I can come out of retirement! I don't plan on relaxing... :evil:

FINALLY! It looks like I can finally find a reason to buy Castle Crashers on my PS3. I guess I'll try to get into the PS3 tournament. All for fun, of course. Oh crap...that means I need a level 99 character by this Fall! Uh oh...

#7 Zephyr

Zephyr

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts
  • Locationis unknown.

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:06 AM

FINALLY! It looks like I can finally find a reason to buy Castle Crashers on my PS3. I guess I'll try to get into the PS3 tournament. All for fun, of course. Oh crap...that means I need a level 99 character by this Fall! Uh oh...

Actually, YOU DON'T! :D
Your character's level doesn't affect your performance in Arena in any way. The only restriction is the weapon choice but I'm sure your main character would be over Level 30 by then. (I troll with my Level 1 all the time.) :lol:

In other words, a Level 1 is evenly matched with a Level 99.

#8 daikonboy101

daikonboy101

Elder Chicken [Level 3]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
  • LocationScotland [sob sob]

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:24 AM

Your character's level doesn't affect your performance in Arena in any way. The only restriction is the weapon choice but I'm sure your main character would be over Level 30 by then. (I troll with my Level 1 all the time.) :lol:

I'm SO LUCKY!

#9 Dropped Your Pocket

Dropped Your Pocket

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Moderator [Mod level 2]
  • 4,506 posts
  • LocationMinnesnowta

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:20 PM

For real?! :grin: I've never done the Arena (surprisingly enough) so I didn't know that lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XBLA, Castle Crashers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users