8 replies to this topic

#1 GamerGuy09

GamerGuy09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:08 AM

As seen in the in the new art video. You can see Dan drawing what seems to be a new character. Let's call him Fluffy for now. What do you think his role is? Could he be the one who is controlling Hatty and is the "king" of cats?

Also in the before and after pictures you see that Fluffy is gone. Is he just a random character they decided to take out or is he important to the plot?

Edited by GamerGuy09, 11 August 2012 - 05:10 AM.

#2 jeff12

jeff12

Hatchling [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:14 AM

the world may never know

#3 scarabix

scarabix

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts
  • LocationThe nether reaches of oblivion (about fifty miles from paris)

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

As seen in the in the new art video. You can see Dan drawing what seems to be a new character. Let's call him Fluffy for now. What do you think his role is? Could he be the one who is controlling Hatty and is the "king" of cats?

Also in the before and after pictures you see that Fluffy is gone. Is he just a random character they decided to take out or is he important to the plot?

I'm thinking of some sort of henchman, really. And as for why he decided to take him out of the picture, I'm crossing my fingers that he's going to be some kind of dynamic element. Could range from just a generic idle animation to make the gift shop more visually interesting, to straight down running all over the place.

Spoiler

#4 Zugama

Zugama

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationSomewhere not-so over the rainbow

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:09 PM

If he does stay in the game I assume he could be a cat with character rather than just one of normal henchmen. I would think that he may be higher up in the ranks due to his unique looks and may be one of Hatty's right-hand-cats, just like how the Necromancer was the Wizard's (Except for being a cat and all that jazz). He sure look extremely menacing with those evil eyes and stache (Though I guess his eyes must be smaller now due to the sunglasses now sadly).

Edited by Zugama, 11 August 2012 - 06:13 PM.

#5 Dropped Your Pocket

Dropped Your Pocket

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Moderator [Mod level 2]
  • 4,502 posts
  • LocationMinnesnowta

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:26 PM

Who cares about his personality, did you see that freaking mustache?! Better than Freddie Mercury's

#6 Red Martian

Red Martian

Hatchling [Level 1]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:58 AM

The devblog entry made it seem like the cats surrounding him were just an intimidating body guard kind of deal that were later removed to be replaced by the piles of gems. To quote Dan specifically... "I felt it’d be a necessary idea to illustrate his unwanted servitude to the cats, or in other words show the cats intimidating Hatty all day long. I thought this might strengthen players’ bonds to Hatty." And then later, he mentions that "The cats in the video that were around Hatty were later removed for a whole variety of reasons even though I still like the base idea of it all."

He doesn't mention whether or not they show up anywhere else in the game, but from what I can see it looks like they were scrapped entirely :/

#7 Tayseanpwns

Tayseanpwns

Chicken Lover [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:41 AM

The devblog entry made it seem like the cats surrounding him were just an intimidating body guard kind of deal that were later removed to be replaced by the piles of gems.

That is how I interoperated the blog too.

#8 Dropped Your Pocket

Dropped Your Pocket

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Moderator [Mod level 2]
  • 4,502 posts
  • LocationMinnesnowta

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:16 PM

The devblog entry made it seem like the cats surrounding him were just an intimidating body guard kind of deal that were later removed to be replaced by the piles of gems.

That is how I interoperated the blog too.

Good thing I took my pills, or else I'd be extremely sad right now, instead, I'm just mildly disappointed

#9 DerpyMail

DerpyMail

Hatchling [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationBelguim

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:29 AM

Who now's ???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users