18 replies to this topic

#1 Shnoggle

Shnoggle

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

I was under the impression that it was best 2 out of 3 even though I went home after one loss. Maybe Im just reading this wrong but that sure sounds like it means best out of 3.
Each match consists of two Tournament Contestants and one Tournament staff member in Castle Crashers XBLA Player Match Arena- Melee mode. The first player to reach 2 wins will move on to the next round

#2 Guest_Gamefemale_*

Guest_Gamefemale_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

I was under the impression that it was best 2 out of 3 even though I went home after one loss. Maybe Im just reading this wrong but that sure sounds like it means best out of 3.
Each match consists of two Tournament Contestants and one Tournament staff member in Castle Crashers XBLA Player Match Arena- Melee mode. The first player to reach 2 wins will move on to the next round

I feel that same way.

#3 Ender

Ender

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • LocationHere or there. Usually here.

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

I would have loved for it to be double elimination. But... earlier in the same rules it says:

"The top 100 valid leaderboard entries will compete in 1 on 1 Arena matches, in a single elimination tournament format on Saturday September 8th, 2012 until we have a victor! Everyone who wishes to participate should read the full Terms and Conditions below."

#4 Guest_Gamefemale_*

Guest_Gamefemale_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:52 PM

I would have loved for it to be double elimination. But... earlier in the same rules it says:

"The top 100 valid leaderboard entries will compete in 1 on 1 Arena matches, in a single elimination tournament format on Saturday September 8th, 2012 until we have a victor! Everyone who wishes to participate should read the full Terms and Conditions below."

Me too, I think I would've won if I had one more chance.

#5 Shnoggle

Shnoggle

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

Single elimination just means once you lose your "match" your out. The match can be compiled of multiply rounds. In this case the "match" should have been 2 out of 3 like it stated in the rules.

Just playing best out of 3 doesnt make it double elimination. In double elimination once you lose the player is put into another bracket and has to lose again to be out of the contest

#6 Ender

Ender

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

Oh thats right.. been a while since i've dealt with round robin stuff.

#7 Guest_Gamefemale_*

Guest_Gamefemale_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

Single elimination just means once you lose your "match" your out. The match can be compiled of multiply rounds. In this case the "match" should have been 2 out of 3 like it stated in the rules.

Just playing best out of 3 doesnt make it double elimination. In double elimination once you lose the player is put into another bracket and has to lose again to be out of the contest

Oh thats right.. been a while since i've dealt with round robin stuff.

Epic Fail

#8 Wootywootman

Wootywootman

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

Toast would have won regardless.

#9 Shnoggle

Shnoggle

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

I knew I wasnt going to win but I would have liked to get passed the first round. The cat broke 3 of my juggles. I would've won otherwise my match otherwise

#10 Guest_Gamefemale_*

Guest_Gamefemale_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

I knew I wasnt going to win but I would have liked to get passed the first round. The cat broke 3 of my juggles. I would've won otherwise my match otherwise

I would have loved to get past the 1st round too.

#11 True213

True213

Elder Chicken [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationCastle Crashers Arena. BattleBlock Theater Muckle Games.

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

Toast would have won regardless.

You really think so? Remember that TR MOJ0 got eliminated by crazy luck. If it really was best 2 out of 3, i think MOJ0 would have beaten Microroyc and then went on to defeat Lydonius and Toast99

#12 Shnoggle

Shnoggle

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:05 PM

I dont know what happened to mojo but im in agreement with true. Ive played both mojo and toast and mojos much better.

#13 toast99

toast99

Hatchling [Level 1]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

I dont know what happened to mojo but im in agreement with true. Ive played both mojo and toast and mojos much better.

All he does is shadow chase.

#14 Ender

Ender

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

Hard to tell after the fact.

Toast is really, really good.

#15 True213

True213

Elder Chicken [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationCastle Crashers Arena. BattleBlock Theater Muckle Games.

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

Hard to tell after the fact.

Toast is really, really good.

Ever seen these two in a room together?

#16 drunken feedle

drunken feedle

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

whos toast?

#17 Dropped Your Pocket

Dropped Your Pocket

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Moderator [Mod level 2]
  • 4,409 posts
  • LocationMinnesnowta

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

whos toast?

Some know him for who he is. Most know him as the guy who kicked everyone else's butts in the tournament.

#18 Gamefemale

Gamefemale

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,340 posts
  • LocationBuckling my pants in BBT Steam Version

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

whos toast?

Some know him for who he is. Most know him as the guy who kicked everyone else's butts in the tournament.

I did not face toast in the tournament, but he did kick my butt in arena every single time I faced him. :(

#19 T Diamond

T Diamond

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

So I didn't know there was even a tournament, but from the look of things it looks like it was a basic arena tourney.
What happened with Mojo? He would have been my vote to get at least top 5.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users