37 replies to this topic

#1 Winterous

Winterous

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

I've been eagerly awaiting this game since it was announced, and I fully expect to absolutely love the game, but... I don't even use my Xbox, nor do we have a convenient setup to link it to the internet, nor do I even nearly intend to pay for Xbox Live to play with the single friend I know who will be buying it on Xbox.

What I'm saying is that Castle Crashers seems to have been reasonably successfull on PC, and considering that porting from Xbox to PC probably isn't that hard since I imagine Microsoft would have intentionally designed it that way, it would be great if BBT was released on PC.
I, for all intents and purposes, don't have an Xbox, yet I would absolutely love to get this game.
And I've already waited, what, three, four years? I wouldn't mind another six months or so to allow for the conversion.

I'll be extremely disappointed if it isn't released on PC, because I've looked forward to it for a long time.
Please, giant chicken, think of the childrens Q-Q

#2 tyinyk

tyinyk

Chicken Lover [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationWherever I happen to be at this time.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

Maybe. It isn't even out on Xbox yet. Patience.

#3 Dropped Your Pocket

Dropped Your Pocket

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Moderator [Mod level 2]
  • 4,489 posts
  • LocationMinnesnowta

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

Took four years for Castle Crashers to hit PC. Just saying.

#4 Winterous

Winterous

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

However now that they've done a PC release they have a better idea of not only how to do it, but how successful it might be.

#5 DataPack

DataPack

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

However now that they've done a PC release they have a better idea of not only how to do it, but how successful it might be.

Exactly, but to port a game from xbox to pc is pretty easy.The sales would skyrocket on steam if its released in the same year as it hits xbox. (DO IT BEHEMOTH!)

Edited by DataPack, 19 December 2012 - 02:54 PM.

#6 tyinyk

tyinyk

Chicken Lover [Level 4]

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

As long as they don't try to do it at the same time as they're making game#4.

#7 boe2

boe2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

Just a thought: Maybe a straight port to the Windows 8? I have no idea how feasible it is technically, but they did it with Hydro Thunder and Ilomilo, complete with xbox live profile support and achievements.

#8 Dropped Your Pocket

Dropped Your Pocket

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Moderator [Mod level 2]
  • 4,489 posts
  • LocationMinnesnowta

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Just a thought: Maybe a straight port to the Windows 8? I have no idea how feasible it is technically, but they did it with Hydro Thunder and Ilomilo, complete with xbox live profile support and achievements.

Those are both bigger games, BBT is not. I'm not saying it's not possible, but don't expect a PC release anytime soon, if at all.

#9 True213

True213

Elder Chicken [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • LocationCastle Crashers Arena. BattleBlock Theater Muckle Games.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

Those are both bigger games, BBT is not. I'm not saying it's not possible, but don't expect a PC release anytime soon, if at all.

Mostly expect that part of the post. :mellow:

#10 ImThatGuyBen

ImThatGuyBen

Eggie [Level 0]

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

I would definitely buy it on Steam, after playing BBT at PAXeast I am confident that this game could sell on any platform!

#11 tyinyk

tyinyk

Chicken Lover [Level 4]

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

I think it will make it's way to the PC eventually. Like, in four-ish years.

#12 delicious delicates

delicious delicates

Hatchling [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

that would be cool

#13 Henryo

Henryo

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

If Battleblock Theater was on the PC, I would say that not only would it need Steam Workshop for levels, but for being able to make your own characters too.

#14 tyinyk

tyinyk

Chicken Lover [Level 4]

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

If Battleblock Theater was on the PC, I would say that not only would it need Steam Workshop for levels, but for being able to make your own characters too.

There's already a level editor, which contains all the same tools that the Behemoth used to make the levels. That makes Steam Workshop obsolete and/or redundant.

#15 matthallagan

matthallagan

Hatchling [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

it will probably take 2 years

#16 weird0ed

weird0ed

Hatchling [Level 1]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

I like playing on the XBox, the recliner is way more comfortable! (not to mention the 55in TV is much better!)

Weird

#17 Winterous

Winterous

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

I like playing on the XBox, the recliner is way more comfortable! (not to mention the 55in TV is much better!)

Weird

Thing is, you can hook your computer up to a TV, and you can use a wireless controller with your computer, and you can sit on a comfy couch while using your computer.

EVERYONE has a computer, but not everyone has an Xbox, and not everyone wants to pay to play online (regardless of how little it may be).

It's quite simply broadening the available market to release it on PC.

#18 Ender

Ender

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • LocationHere or there. Usually here.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

I think it really comes down to how well it sells on xbox first. I think for it to even be worth it, the game has to sell as well as Castle Crashers. Which will be hard to do. 

#19 tyinyk

tyinyk

Chicken Lover [Level 4]

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

I think it really comes down to how well it sells on xbox first. I think for it to even be worth it, the game has to sell as well as Castle Crashers. Which will be hard to do. 

No it won't. This is the Behemoth we're talking about. They can't go wrong.

#20 Ender

Ender

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:52 AM

While I'll agree that they make amazing games. I just think castle crashers is the type of game that would appeal to a bigger audience. Battleblock looks amazing don't get me wrong, it just seems like it may not bring in the type of audience the last game did. 

#21 tyinyk

tyinyk

Chicken Lover [Level 4]

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:54 AM

While I'll agree that they make amazing games. I just think castle crashers is the type of game that would appeal to a bigger audience. Battleblock looks amazing don't get me wrong, it just seems like it may not bring in the type of audience the last game did. 

AH sold a crapton as well, and those two games differed greatly.

#22 Ender

Ender

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:09 AM

It was nothing like the success of Castle Crashers. Not even close. 

#23 tyinyk

tyinyk

Chicken Lover [Level 4]

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:15 AM

It was nothing like the success of Castle Crashers. Not even close. 

That doesn't mean it didn't sell enough to make it to multiple platforms, AND get an HD edition.

#24 Enn

Enn

Hatchling [Level 1]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

AH made it onto a pretty staggering variety of consoles in a lot of formats, and CC made it onto both PC and PS3, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if BBT eventually made it onto PC. I'd buy it on XBox and PC, like I did with Castle Crashers. Their replayability makes it well worth the price - I have a stack of $60 AAA titles I haven't touched, as opposed to the jillions of hours I've sunk into Castle Crashers - combined with the fact that they're highly social games, and I play with different folks on Steam and XBLA. I'm not expecting BBT to show up on Steam right away, if at all, but I'll definitely pick it up if it does. 

#25 weird0ed

weird0ed

Hatchling [Level 1]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

Weird

Thing is, you can hook your computer up to a TV, and you can use a wireless controller with your computer, and you can sit on a comfy couch while using your computer.

EVERYONE has a computer, but not everyone has an Xbox, and not everyone wants to pay to play online (regardless of how little it may be).
It's quite simply broadening the available market to release it on PC.

I'm not as happy with the computer connected to the TV. I love multi player on the Xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users