#1 Ender

Ender

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • LocationHere or there. Usually here.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

Can't wait for the new Star Wars movie. And it sounds like Harrison Ford has been confirmed to be back in action as Han Solo. 

It's all starting to come together. Now lets hope they don't do the entire movie in front of a green screen like George Lucas did. 

#2 Dropped Your Pocket

Dropped Your Pocket

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Moderator [Mod level 2]
  • 4,414 posts
  • LocationMinnesnowta

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

Can't wait for the new Star Wars movie. And it sounds like Harrison Ford has been confirmed to be back in action as Han Solo. 

It's all starting to come together. Now lets hope they don't do the entire movie in front of a green screen like George Lucas did. 

You'd prefer they used a blue screen, I take it?

#3 Ender

Ender

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

Haha. No. Neither please. 

#4 noblepeanut

noblepeanut

Chicken Lover [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Locationdo i live in the new england area or do i live in Seattle!?!?

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:22 AM

So would you prefer them to make plastic background things.

#5 Ender

Ender

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

So would you prefer them to make plastic background things.

Do what most movies do. Combine the two. Make a set & cgi.   Look at Star Trek & Inception. Very well done. 

#6 Turkey

Turkey

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationRIP Choir Boys 2123-1337

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

Guys, this is great. I finally found the trailer.

Here. I'm excited as I'll ever be.

#7 GoldenGhost

GoldenGhost

Elder Chicken [Level 3]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts
  • Locationtrapped in a fez factory

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

Isn't it supposed to be taking place in the time period between Episode III and IV? If so, it's gonna take a heck of a lot of CGI to make Harrison Ford look younger than he was in Episode IV...

#8 True213

True213

Elder Chicken [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationCastle Crashers Arena. BattleBlock Theater Muckle Games.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:56 AM

Isn't it supposed to be taking place in the time period between Episode III and IV? If so, it's gonna take a heck of a lot of CGI to make Harrison Ford look younger than he was in Episode IV...

Interquels? Ugh, i hate Numbered Interquels.

#9 Ender

Ender

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

I don't think so. Supposed to be following VI from what I've heard. I think the main story will be around luke's kids. 

#10 Koen

Koen

Castlepedia Master

• 1,775 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

So the new movies are going to be Star Wars VII, Yoda Chronicles, Han Solo Chronicles, Boba Fett Chronicles and Mace Windu chronicles.
(all working titles by the way) Which do you guys look forward to the most?

#11 Ender

Ender

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

Well depending on how well they do episode VII I'd be looking forward most to Han Solo. But it's too bad that he has aged so much since then. He is still an amazing actor, but man could he act when he was in his prime. 

Then i'd have to say the Boba Fett would be my next most looked forward too movie. Wonder if they'd get the audience to sympathize with him. Just a father trying to make some money for his family. 

#12 Koen

Koen

Castlepedia Master

• 1,775 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

Well depending on how well they do episode VII I'd be looking forward most to Han Solo. But it's too bad that he has aged so much since then. He is still an amazing actor, but man could he act when he was in his prime. 

Then i'd have to say the Boba Fett would be my next most looked forward too movie. Wonder if they'd get the audience to sympathize with him. Just a father trying to make some money for his family. 

what? I never knew boba was a father.

#13 Splufay

Splufay

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • LocationMoe's Tavern

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

I suppose now would be a good time to check into this series for the first time, huh?

#14 Mysour

Mysour

Hatchling [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:47 AM

I suppose now would be a good time to check into this series for the first time, huh?

If you've never been exposed to Star Wars, I'm afraid you're in a really interesting position as you probably have formed some idea of what to expect, and the truth could be either disappointing (not that it should be or that I suspect will be) or well worth the attention and hype. I would definitely say that watching the movies is a good move (I'd recommend watching the movies in the order they were released. Episodes 4, 5, 6 are why people love the universe, not 1, 2, and 3). Playing KOTOR is an especially good move. There is a lot of compelling fiction out there as well. I'd say go for it. I think you can only gain knowledge at this point if not a new love.

#15 T Diamond

T Diamond

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

Actually, I'd say this is the worst time haha. Just keep doing whatever you've been doing and carry on.

#16 Koen

Koen

Castlepedia Master

• 1,775 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

If you've never been exposed to Star Wars, I'm afraid you're in a really interesting position as you probably have formed some idea of what to expect, and the truth could be either disappointing (not that it should be or that I suspect will be) or well worth the attention and hype. I would definitely say that watching the movies is a good move (I'd recommend watching the movies in the order they were released. Episodes 4, 5, 6 are why people love the universe, not 1, 2, and 3). Playing KOTOR is an especially good move. There is a lot of compelling fiction out there as well. I'd say go for it. I think you can only gain knowledge at this point if not a new love.

I liked 1,2 and 3....

#17 Ender

Ender

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

I liked 1,2 and 3....

oh god,, why?    They are terrible.   

#18 Koen

Koen

Castlepedia Master

• 1,775 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

I liked 1,2 and 3....

well, a better looking yoda always helps... and I got to meet the actors a con. also, Liam Neeson is a badass.
but I agree that if someone is new to the series they should start with 4,5 and 6.

#19 Mysour

Mysour

Hatchling [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

I liked 1,2 and 3....

well, a better looking yoda always helps... and I got to meet the actors a con. also, Liam Neeson is a badass.
but I agree that if someone is new to the series they should start with 4,5 and 6.

Agreed. I'll admit that I was entertained by 1, 2, and 3, but I won't admit that they were good.

#20 Koen

Koen

Castlepedia Master

• 1,775 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

I liked 1,2 and 3....

Agreed. I'll admit that I was entertained by 1, 2, and 3, but I won't admit that they were good.

I think they were decent movies on their own, compared to the originals they're terrible, but as stand-alone's they're pretty decent.

#21 Dexide

Dexide

Moderator [mod level 2]

• Moderator [Mod level 1]
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

The prequel trilogy is pretty much like the Micheal Bay Transformers movies to me. They're not the characters you grew up loving, but everything is pretty to look at and entertaining to watch with friends, especially at the theater. Popcorn flicks, essentially.

But JJ Abrams is mostly perfect in terms of movies (Lost and Fringe and that other show he did weren't for me) and I have high hopes that his Star Wars movies will be great even if Mark Hammill and Carrie Fisher are in them.

#22 Koen

Koen

Castlepedia Master

• 1,775 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

Honestly, my friends who introduced me to star wars so long ago weren't the brightest and I saw the prequels before the originals, so I learned to love those characters before the originals. So I guess that's what makes me more accepting towards the prequels.

#23 T Diamond

T Diamond

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

I usually get hate for this, but I prefer the setting in the first three episodes. I prefer the whole Jedi are everywhere to the empire is in charge of everything.

#24 Koen

Koen

Castlepedia Master

• 1,775 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

I usually get hate for this, but I prefer the setting in the first three episodes. I prefer the whole Jedi are everywhere to the empire is in charge of everything.

me too! although technically, considering darth sidious= chancellor palpatine, and the fact that the republic became the empire, the sith and empire already were in control back then, but a lot more subtle.

#25 Nappa the knight

Nappa the knight

Hatchling [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Disney's going to jack up Star Wars

It's going to be all about rescuing princess and magic

Oh Wait.....never mind.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: star wars, movies