Lexou

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:38 PM

THIS GAME IS TOO HARD !!!!!! :twisted:

1-1 : It took me TWO tries to get past level 1-1(the underground move is my best friend (Y+down joystiq* 8-) ) )

1-2 : i was lucky when i beat that bee thing !

1-3 : how are supposed to get past two tanks !?

Why did the behemoth make a game when you have only 25 lives ?!

#2 SushiGummy

SushiGummy

SuperMod [NPC]

• Super Mod [NPC]
  • 4,231 posts
  • Locationmommy and daddy's house

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:10 AM

I got through the whole game alone without getting a game over.

Okay then, how about some quick tips?

For 1-1:
:!: Use the roll (RT and LT) a lot. It's a good way to dodge bullets.
:!: Right when you reach the dock, near the beginning, there's a flower. If you dig underground where the flower is, it'll give you an extra life.

For 1-2:
:!: Before the level starts, you arrive in a bus. Hijack that bus. It's almost indestructible, and you can use it until you get hit by a missle or an armed FBI vehicle.

For 1-3:
:!: Push one of the tanks over with the bulldozer, and you will have more space to blow up the other one. After you destroy one, the other shouldn't be a problem.
:!: For the Instant Pudding Boss (he's a hard one) fire at the Fire Hydrant ahead of time and make sure you are completely clear of the pudding that comes from the sky.

And while you're at it, you might want to try to see if your profile has the game set to medium. If it is, set it to easy.

#3 Lexou

Lexou

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:00 AM

Use the roll (RT and LT) a lot. It's a good way to dodge bullets.

Very good tip. :D

Right when you reach the dock, near the beginning, there's a flower. If you dig underground where the flower is, it'll give you an extra life.

I dont really need that, cause since level 1-1 is the only level i can do without difficulty, i know how to go through it without having only 2 gameovers left.

Before the level starts, you arrive in a bus. Hijack that bus. It's almost indestructible, and you can use it until you get hit by a missle or an armed FBI vehicle.

Epic advice, thanks. :)

Push one of the tanks over with the bulldozer, and you will have more space to blow up the other one. After you destroy one, the other shouldn't be a problem.

yeah, thats what i do but the first tank destroys me before i can kill him (i do take off half of his life)then i dont have enough lives left to beat them.

For the Instant Pudding Boss (he's a hard one) fire at the Fire Hydrant ahead of time and make sure you are completely clear of the pudding that comes from the sky.

I didnt get to him but ill keep that advice, thanks again.

And while you're at it, you might want to try to see if your profile has the game set to medium. If it is, set it to easy.

:shock: WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT BEFORE !!!!

It has been an honor to talk with someone who has finished alien hominid without dying once :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: .

#4 David Duffy

David Duffy

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:56 PM

I finished it on medium without using a continue, on easy I got to the last boss without losing a single life, but that damn boss ended up scratching away two of them.

It all comes down to practice. If you're new, I suggest you play through it first on easy. If it's still too hard, play it with a friend. After that, tackle it on medium and then hard.

#5 Lexou

Lexou

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:34 PM

Well, i put it on easy and im doing quite well, the only thing thats annoying is that at the next level, you keep the same number of lives.Thats one of the reasons why i kept on dying. the minute im writing this, im against the big green tank inside area 51 HQ
and man, his life is indepletable !! you gotta hit him, like, 10000 times !!!!!
Cant even imagine what hes like on medium :o , or HARD :shock: :shock: :shock:
Oh, and David duffy, thanks for the ultimate alien hominid guide, it helps ;)

#6 Lexou

Lexou

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:42 PM

I FINISHED THE GAME!!!!!!!
Now, onto medium... :shock:

#7 Killlingyouguy

Killlingyouguy

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • 911 posts
  • LocationYou certainly would like to know.

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:29 PM

Troll thread?

#8 Lexou

Lexou

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:17 PM

Troll thread?

What ?!

#9 Killlingyouguy

Killlingyouguy

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • 911 posts
  • LocationYou certainly would like to know.

Posted 04 December 2008 - 06:26 PM

Troll thread?

What ?!

At first I thought this was just a troll/joke thread, but I don't think it is any more.

#10 David Duffy

David Duffy

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 06:49 PM

I FINISHED THE GAME!!!!!!!
Now, onto medium... :shock:

Good job. I promise you medium won't seem as hard now that you've got the hang of the game (and your reflexes are up to scratch).

#11 Lexou

Lexou

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:37 AM

Lets hope so :P

#12 Carpaccio

Carpaccio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 05:29 AM

Actually I think the game is supposed to be moderately difficult. It's similar to Metal Slug, Contra, and despite the sub-par quality of the following game, Rambo for the NES. Those games were all moderately difficult. I have a hell of a time with Metal Slug. Contra's not too bad once you get a good weapon power up, and Rambo is hard due to a lot of reasons, mainly glitches, poor game engineering, and mainly just an obnoxious crap factor. Alien Hominid is only similar to Rambo in gameplay style...sort of, mind you. Alien Hominid is one of the better modern games in my opinion. Fantastic graphics, plenty of powerup styles, grenades, varied enemies, and even helpers and vehicles in some spots. I like that the final boss is reminiscent of the Allen battles in Metal Slug, and the final bosses of Contra, having three forms to defeat. Anyway I'm getting a little off topic. Simply put, the game is supposed to be moderately difficult and challenging. If it was too easy there wouldn't be as much fun and intensity. Anyway, good luck, hope you improve with work.

#13 Dogchief NL

Dogchief NL

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 04:14 PM

THIS GAME IS TOO HARD !!!!!! :twisted:

1-1 : It took me TWO tries to get past level 1-1(the underground move is my best friend (Y+down joystiq* 8-) ) )

1-2 : i was lucky when i beat that bee thing !

1-3 : how are supposed to get past two tanks !?

Why did the behemoth make a game when you have only 25 lives ?!

Easy is easy normal is a little bit of a challenge hard is just impossible 8-)

#14 Lexou

Lexou

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 14 December 2008 - 06:58 PM

i'm not really sure about what you said on medium. 8-)

#15 Elite Monkey x

Elite Monkey x

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • LocationIn Maryland!

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:58 AM

It's really not that hard...

#16 Pwnmaster 145

Pwnmaster 145

Hatchling [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:58 AM

I can beat the game on hard (one level at a time mind you)

#17 Guest_sleepydumbdude_*

Guest_sleepydumbdude_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:47 PM

I am so glad I found this threat yesterday. I bought this like 3 weeks ago mainly just for to unlock a character in castle crashers. Anyways I guess I wasn't playing it right because I had the same problem was the TC at first. Now I can't wait to get off work so I can play it some more.

#18 Marine54

Marine54

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:19 AM

I am so glad I found this threat yesterday. I bought this like 3 weeks ago mainly just for to unlock a character in castle crashers. Anyways I guess I wasn't playing it right because I had the same problem was the TC at first. Now I can't wait to get off work so I can play it some more.

I think I might once the price lowers.

#19 the_lurker

the_lurker

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • LocationIn your muffin bucket.

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:04 AM

don't be such a downer! support the good ol b'moth!

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

#20 Pwnmaster 145

Pwnmaster 145

Hatchling [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:38 AM

I dont think the price is going anywhere.

#21 vKrayToR

vKrayToR

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationQC, Canada

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:57 PM

I totally agree, this game was WAY too hard. The only reason I forced myself to play through the first level was to get the CC character.

#22 shesjustaglitch

shesjustaglitch

Moderator [mod level 2]

• Moderator [Mod level 2]
  • 1,505 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:01 PM

Play on easy, there are certain strategies for beating certain enemies.

I do recall one or two bosses being ridiculous though.

#23 Guest_Drucifer_*

Guest_Drucifer_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:01 PM

I totally agree, this game was WAY too hard. The only reason I forced myself to play through the first level was to get the CC character.

If you quit right after you completed level 1-1 when you unlock AH in Castle Crashers you are missing out on one hell of a great game.

I say pick it up again and give it another try. Obviously you won't be great at the game when you are on the first few levels. Just play the game through on easy to get better then put the difficulty up to medium once you start getting better.

Play on easy, there are certain strategies for beating certain enemies.

I do recall one or two bosses being ridiculous though.

There are a couple bosses that will frustrate anyone but some are just ruthless the first time you fight them since you don't know there attacks. The Pudding boss for instance has baddies shooting from both sides, globs of pudding crawling around, and more falling from the sky.

I think the boss of 1-2 is pretty annoying for people new to the game but once you learn his pattern he is a joke. Same with most other bosses.

#24 Link

Link

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:53 PM

Everyone here who complains the game is too hard is a bunch of pussies. :o

Seriously though... it is intimidating and ridiculously hard when you start. But, after some trial and error you can easily figure out boss patterns. This game pays homage to NES games of old that were equally difficult, like Contra.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users