Zephyr

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts
  • Locationis unknown.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:15 AM

I have a complaint.

When I try to switch my avatar to my avatar to my Nicholas Cage avatar, it reverts back to my Cole McGrath avatar. Is there something wrong with my avatar file, or does the forum want me to stay away from new avatars?

What is the data size of your picture? I ask because it did the same to me when I tried using a +2MB avatar.

#227 megan

megan

Admin [NPC]

• Admin [NPC]
  • 560 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

As a note, making the character requirement for searching four characters leaves some members unable to be searched for, such as FEL.

Just changed to 3.

#228 BrokenPolecat

BrokenPolecat

Hatchling [Level 1]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:08 AM

Everytime I try to go onto my settings, a page saying this comes up, "Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#1026] You are not permitted to modify all or some of your profile information."

#229 SushiGummy

SushiGummy

SuperMod [NPC]

• Super Mod [NPC]
  • 4,245 posts
  • Locationmommy and daddy's house

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:28 AM

Everytime I try to go onto my settings, a page saying this comes up, "Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#1026] You are not permitted to modify all or some of your profile information."

This is probably because you're not an approved member yet. We have a little approval system that doesn't let members do certain coolio things until they've had five of their posts approved by Mods. It's just a spambot defense system, nothing much to worry about. Try again when you have 5 approved posts total, and it should probably work.

It might even work right now, since you have two approved posts now (you had no approved posts when you tried before).

Otherwise, just blibber-blabber about the forums until you get three more posts in and I'll go ahead and approve them.

#230 wheatley 9000

wheatley 9000

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationTARDIS

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:50 AM

This is probably because you're not an approved member yet. We have a little approval system that doesn't let members do certain coolio things until they've had five of their posts approved by Mods. It's just a spambot defense system, nothing much to worry about. Try again when you have 5 approved posts total, and it should probably work.

It might even work right now, since you have two approved posts now (you had no approved posts when you tried before).

Otherwise, just blibber-blabber about the forums until you get three more posts in and I'll go ahead and approve them.

I was having the same problem and it might not be a bad ideal to tell new members about this right after they join.

#231 Vinchenzo

Vinchenzo

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • LocationSacramento, California

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:41 AM

Hello everyone, I was hoping you could help me access the forums from IPB mobile the iOS app, I have tried googling but nothing turned up :/ many thanks chaps!

#232 The Stickman

The Stickman

Hatchling [Level 1]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

I haven't received my validation e-mail yet, I checked the e-mail was right and I asked for it to be resent but it still hasn't arrived. Is it just a case of waiting or is this a bug?

#233 NODAK

NODAK

Hatchling [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

I seem to be having the same issue that Stickman had. Still awaiting validation email. Hope this doesn't adversely affect my Battleblock beta approval.

#234 Sarev0k

Sarev0k

Eggie [Level 0]

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

I too am still awaiting my validation email.

I've tried resending it multiple times without any luck.

#235 Sanana94

Sanana94

Hatchling [Level 1]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Exactly the same issue here! :-|

#236 XCanadian

XCanadian

Eggie [Level 0]

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

I am also having the same issue.

#237 CrossBones3129

CrossBones3129

Eggie [Level 0]

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

I'm not getting the validation email, can someone please check and tell me what my email is to make sure I didn't type it in wrong?

#238 Dare

Dare

Eggie [Level 0]

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

I'm not getting the validation email and a few people I know have the same problem so I assume its something wrong with the system. (Probably the high amount of signups right now)

#239 vxstrifexv

vxstrifexv

Eggie [Level 0]

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

I'm not getting a validation email either.

#240 megan

megan

Admin [NPC]

• Admin [NPC]
  • 560 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

I seem to be having the same issue that Stickman had. Still awaiting validation email. Hope this doesn't adversely affect my Battleblock beta approval.

Luckily, you guys have access to the forums still so that's a good sign. It won't affect your beta registration since we just want to be sure that you have registered on the forums so that we can give you permission to view the beta forums if you're selected. As for the validation emails, we're looking into it. Sorry for the inconvenience!

#241 GoldenGhost

GoldenGhost

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts
  • Locationtrapped in a fez factory

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

Luckily, you guys have access to the forums still so that's a good sign. It won't affect your beta registration since we just want to be sure that you have registered on the forums so that we can give you permission to view the beta forums if you're selected. As for the validation emails, we're looking into it. Sorry for the inconvenience!

I never got mine either, but I resent it and got it in my spam folder. Hope that helps :)

#242 Halo

Halo

Hatchling [Level 1]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Hi I have yet to get my validation emails too I have been trying since yesterday.
I even went and changed my email provider to a different one just in case it was them blocking it.

But as a read above I can still sign-up for the Beta even with out it so I will right now.

Thank you.

#243 PacFox

PacFox

Eggie [Level 0]

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

I never got mine either, but I resent it and got it in my spam folder. Hope that helps :)

I've resent and checked my junk folder but it remains empty. Good to see that it's being looked into.

#244 Weasel

Weasel

Eggie [Level 0]

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

I signed up for the forums yesterday & have yet to receive my validation email. I have resent it several times. SInce I cannot access my account how am I supposed to verify if my email address is correct or not? If its not I cannot make any corrections. Entering your email twice would have helped me to avoid this mistake, if that is the mistake I have made.

#245 lightsup55

lightsup55

Hatchling [Level 1]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

Ever since the BattleBlock Theater Beta was announced, I never did get my validation email... that is, until just a few minutes ago.

I guess it might have been because of an mass amount of people registering for an account here that the email system got backed up. Either way, everything seems to be fine now. Carry on.

#246 CandyMan

CandyMan

Hatchling [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

I signed up yesterday and I never got the validation email. I had them resend it and never got it. Ive checked my junk folder and nothing was there. Is anyone else having this problem?

#247 HotPockets

HotPockets

Eggie [Level 0]

• New Registrations
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

I just made my account and validated it but i can not edit my profile. I'm not sure if i am not aloud to until a certain level or what. If anyone knows please respond.

#248 Kuggie

Kuggie

Eggie [Level 0]

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

I am having a similar issue to a number of other posters (I haven't received a validation e-mail for my account). However after reading through this thread it seems likely it is just overloaded. Hopefully I will receive my validation e-mail soon.

Looking forward to playing BattleBlock Theatre!

#249 Kagani

Kagani

Eggie [Level 0]

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

I haven't gotten a validation email either. I signed up with a hotmail account, and would change it to a non hotmail, except apparently I can't edit my profile either. Hopefully it's not a big deal. I'm really interested in the BattleBlock Theatre Beta

#250 ChickenOffender

ChickenOffender

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • LocationBack in school :(

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

ok i have a real issue. why is it that whenever i try to press back space on my keyboard, it erases my whole post? also it does this when you try to edit a post, as soon as i click edit, my entire post goes blank and then i cant write anything. this is why i double posted in the sly cooper thread, sorry for the inconvenience. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users