Religion?

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

Poll: What is your religion? (90 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your religion?

1. Christian (45 votes [40.18%])

Percentage of vote: 40.18%

2. Jewish (3 votes [2.68%])

Percentage of vote: 2.68%

3. Buddhist (4 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

4. Hindu (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Athiest (27 votes [24.11%])

Percentage of vote: 24.11%

6. Ancient religion (some people still believe.) (2 votes [1.79%])

Percentage of vote: 1.79%

7. Voted Other (13 votes [11.61%])

Percentage of vote: 11.61%

8. Cant really decide (6 votes [5.36%])

Percentage of vote: 5.36%

9. Agnostic (12 votes [10.71%])

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Revon

Revon

Elder Chicken [Level 3]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts
  • LocationWandering aimlessly...

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:04 AM

I only read the first page and I am glad to see that atheists were the majority (In the first page at least).

Hopefully humanity will abolish the retardation of religion before I die.

Just because you believe something different, it doesn't make you any better than anyone else. People believe what they believe regardless of intelligence.
Also, don't try to pull the "War wouldn't exist if religion didn't" because that's a bunch of bull, too. It's just an excuse used to go into the fight since it is human nature to take and kill.

#102 Wootywootman

Wootywootman

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:11 PM

I only read the first page and I am glad to see that atheists were the majority (In the first page at least).

Hopefully humanity will abolish the retardation of religion before I die.

Just because you believe something different, it doesn't make you any better than anyone else. People believe what they believe regardless of intelligence.
Also, don't try to pull the "War wouldn't exist if religion didn't" because that's a bunch of bull, too. It's just an excuse used to go into the fight since it is human nature to take and kill.

I'm not against people believing in God, I'm against organized religion. There is absolutely no need for it and it's just another reason for one human to discriminate against another.This, and other concepts such as nationalism, are why there are wars. It's just one group of people trying to enforce their beliefs and values on others. Why? because they think they are better than the other, which is what you accused me of.

Abolish religion and the world will improve. There is nothing that comes from religion that couldn't be done without it. However, there are bad things that come from religion that are caused solely by religion. Sure there are religious groups that are awesome in terms of giving and helping communities, etc. But, you don't need religion for that. You do need religion to crash a plane into a building killing thousands because Allah told you, to slaughter thousands because they don't agree with your beliefs (the crusades), etc.

To say that things like that wouldn't have happened if religion didn't exist is pure fallacy because we don't, and will never know that.

Besides, believing in invisible people is insane, lol.
We look back at people who believed in Zeus and think that they were ridiculous, right? The same will happen with the current beliefs (hopefully).

#103 mechazeep

mechazeep

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,422 posts
  • LocationIn a 90's music video

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:20 PM

This sums up my beliefs (or lack thereof) rather nicely:

I don't think he actually answered the question...If he was wrong, he would be sent to hell for all eternity.

If Dawkins was wrong, it doesn't make Christianity right.

#104 Zugama

Zugama

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationSomewhere not-so over the rainbow

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:21 PM

Good lord, all of the sudden, I am fully sick of religion. I have actually now seen some of the Christians who go and tell people that they are going down there, and even said the tsunami and earthquake that happened to Japan was a good thing because they said they were mostly athesist so they deserved to burn. It justs appalls me what religion can cause some people to think, because even though it might seem right to them, it just hurts me to see the pure amount of negativity. People praying for "sinners" to get destroyed. Saying that when your child dies God is punishing you and your child is down there. I absolutely don't believe it. My faith for religion just feels so, out of place now. My freethoughts go against it, heck, even by some freethinking sends you down there too. I just don't know where to look now. Everything I used to know about religion now seems so shrouded. Perhaps I can still follow what I believe, but now that is this nasty feeling in my mouth now truly nowing of the "religion nuts". It feels like religion really does cause breaks in society, which in my opinion does more harm than good. We as humans just don't get along most of the time, it makes me quite sad.

#105 Doctor of the Knight

Doctor of the Knight

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationThe Ball Game Court destroying you!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:51 PM

I'm Atheist, because science has proved so much over religion

What Is the discovery of science that really makes you turn to atheism :?:

#106 SushiGummy

SushiGummy

SuperMod [NPC]

• Super Mod [NPC]
  • 4,231 posts
  • Locationmommy and daddy's house

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:18 AM

Good lord, all of the sudden, I am fully sick of religion. I have actually now seen some of the Christians who go and tell people that they are going down there, and even said the tsunami and earthquake that happened to Japan was a good thing because they said they were mostly athesist so they deserved to burn. It justs appalls me what religion can cause some people to think, because even though it might seem right to them, it just hurts me to see the pure amount of negativity. People praying for "sinners" to get destroyed. Saying that when your child dies God is punishing you and your child is down there. I absolutely don't believe it. My faith for religion just feels so, out of place now. My freethoughts go against it, heck, even by some freethinking sends you down there too. I just don't know where to look now. Everything I used to know about religion now seems so shrouded. Perhaps I can still follow what I believe, but now that is this nasty feeling in my mouth now truly nowing of the "religion nuts". It feels like religion really does cause breaks in society, which in my opinion does more harm than good. We as humans just don't get along most of the time, it makes me quite sad.

Ouch, you've seen people doing that? :oops: I have no respect for people like that. They're not only completely rude to the families of victims, but they also make other followers of the religion look bad. It's completely selfish for someone to assume that they know God's motives for a natural disaster, and it's even worse for someone to try to make an example out of a victim who wasn't even necessarily a 'sinner.'

If you're referring to Westboro Baptist Church in particular, though, I'm almost completely sure that they don't actually even believe what they're protesting. They make those protests in hopes that they will infuriate somebody, who will physically attack them as a result, so that they can sue them. They're a family of lawyers, and are doing it all for the money.

#107 Revon

Revon

Elder Chicken [Level 3]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts
  • LocationWandering aimlessly...

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:49 PM

I'm Atheist, because science has proved so much over religion

What Is the discovery of science that really makes you turn to atheism :?:

The fact that he can use grammatically incorrect words in his sentences. :P

#108 Scaler193

Scaler193

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 4,177 posts
  • LocationWinner of 2013 TBFA User of the Year

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:17 AM

I belive in Theistic Satanism. Like many Theistic Satanism belivers I have my own thoughts about it. I do not belive in God or Heaven, but
I belive in Satan and hell.

#109 mechazeep

mechazeep

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 10,422 posts
  • LocationIn a 90's music video

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:04 PM

I belive in Theistic Satanism. Like many Theistic Satanism belivers I have my own thoughts about it. I do not belive in God or Heaven, but

That's nice, dear, now it times for bed. You got school tomorrow.

#110 Scaler193

Scaler193

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 4,177 posts
  • LocationWinner of 2013 TBFA User of the Year

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:20 PM

:roll: Trust me it's a pain when everyone thinks you pick a religion like this just to be different, cool or something like that.

#111 TheTPRI

TheTPRI

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationPsycho Ragdoll Inc.

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:38 PM

8-)

:roll: Trust me it's a pain when everyone thinks you pick a religion like this just to be different, cool or something like that.

Why are you that religion anyway? Did your parents pick it? I think that's what my grandparents did with my parents, and then to me.

#112 Guest_Luke Killed a Guy._*

Guest_Luke Killed a Guy._*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:11 AM

Christian. Because there's much about atheism/evolutionism that doesn't add up to me. I very much appreciate atheists who can coincide with Christians as well as other faiths without getting into heated arguments and trying to convert people of faith into atheists. Now, you may say, "Yeah well Christians and people of faith are constantly trying to convert people to their religions". While you'd be right, there's a solid reason behind that. Christians believe that if you don't believe in God, and that his son Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins, then you'll burn in hell for eternity. We try to convert you because we sincerely don't want anyone to have to experience that. So really, we're complimenting you by trying to convert you.

It seems however that atheists tend to view this as Christians attacking their beliefs, while in actuality there just saying, "Hey, I don't want you to burn for eternity", which is not something you should respond to with, "You're religion is bullshit, stop trying to shove your religion down my throat biblethumper". If you're an atheist that can co-exist with people of faith without insulting them, I respect you. If your someone of faith who can co-exist with atheists without insulting them (different from trying to convert them), I respect you too. If anyone would like discuss anything I've said, feel free.

#113 Bloob

Bloob

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 5,310 posts
  • LocationπŸ…Έ'πŸ…Ό πŸ…ΈπŸ…½ πŸ†ˆπŸ…ΎπŸ†„πŸ† πŸ…°πŸ†πŸ…΄πŸ…° (πŸ…Έ πŸ…ΊπŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†† πŸ†ƒπŸ…·πŸ…΄ πŸ…΅πŸ…ΈπŸ†πŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ πŸ†ƒπŸ…·πŸ†πŸ…΄πŸ…΄ πŸ…½πŸ†„πŸ…ΌπŸ…±πŸ…΄πŸ†πŸ†‚)

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:32 AM

This is just a question, and I don't mean to offend anyone by it.
For those who believe in an afterlife, do you really want to exist forever?
Even if I could be in an eternal paradise, I feel like I would get bored after a while.

#114 Guest_Luke Killed a Guy._*

Guest_Luke Killed a Guy._*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:41 AM

Eternal Happiness is promised. So we'll feel great forever. I don't have a problem with that. We'll have a much different view on the situation once we arrive in heaven.

#115 zarlighttusk

zarlighttusk

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationEST

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:01 AM

This is just a question, and I don't mean to offend anyone by it.
For those who believe in an afterlife, do you really want to exist forever?
Even if I could be in an eternal paradise, I feel like I would get bored after a while.

I personally don't think I'll get bored.

I'll admit that it's easy to get bored with the world we live in now. It can be very depressing at times. However, because I know God, I am always able to ask him to pull me out of my boredom and depression. I find everything from living for Him to playing with Legos very interesting and fun.

The question I would ask myself is, "if the God who created this world was able to make it so awesome, don't you think he could make, or be continually making, something awesome enough to keep me interested forever?" I always find myself looking forward to doing something, whether it's going back to school, reading a book, talking to people online, or just reading God's word. I think that if He's able to keep the imperfect me interested most of the time He can keep the perfect me interested all the time.

I also think Luke Killed a Guy. said it well when he said:

We'll have a much different view on the situation once we arrive in heaven.

We're gonna have all-new perfect bodies: Philippians 3:21 "who [Jesus Christ], by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body." Things, I believe, are gonna be completely different and we can't quite grasp how different they're going to be. But I believe that the God who created me knows enough to keep me entertained for eternity.

#116 TheTPRI

TheTPRI

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:30 AM

@blobman000 Well if you the things you do in this current life in your afterlife I think you'd get bored. But I think in the afterlife we could do whatever we want, like fall from extreme heights and still be okay, or ride hoverboards.

Also I have one idea of what the afterlife is like, you'll most likely find it ridiculous so point out any flaws you see/read. A very tiny part of me thinks that when we die, we awake from these chambers and realise the lives we've lived were like dreams. Once we awake from this we actually see tons of people, many of them we do not know. It's kind of like a storage for humans, and those who wake up from these chambers have unknown fates (but mostly likely death from those who watch us while we're in our chambers, after that death I wouldn't where we'd go, but I think we either go to paradise, which I really like to call heaven, or we're just put into the ground, we can still think, but we cannot move, see, talk, breath etc.).

#117 TheTPRI

TheTPRI

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:38 AM

Also this question may sound a little stupid, but you know what I don't get? Why is it that some people believe in there's a god, and there's satan or devil whatever you call it? Why can't they just believe in god without thinking he has an enemy, is it because of that whole "You can't have good without bad" quote or what? :?

Edit: And sorry for double post, I'm on my ps3.

#118 Bloob

Bloob

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 5,310 posts
  • LocationπŸ…Έ'πŸ…Ό πŸ…ΈπŸ…½ πŸ†ˆπŸ…ΎπŸ†„πŸ† πŸ…°πŸ†πŸ…΄πŸ…° (πŸ…Έ πŸ…ΊπŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†† πŸ†ƒπŸ…·πŸ…΄ πŸ…΅πŸ…ΈπŸ†πŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ πŸ†ƒπŸ…·πŸ†πŸ…΄πŸ…΄ πŸ…½πŸ†„πŸ…ΌπŸ…±πŸ…΄πŸ†πŸ†‚)

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:43 AM

Also this question may sound a little stupid, but you know what I don't get? Why is it that some people believe in there's a god, and there's satan or devil whatever you call it? Why can't they just believe in god without thinking he has an enemy, is it because of that whole "You can't have good without bad" quote or what? :?

I think it's more of a matter that there has to be some punishment for those who are bad to others.
I could be wrong though.

#119 Dowitz

Dowitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:42 AM

Hey guess what guys, I get to spend less time in heaven/hell then others. How awesome, I must be better than those people?

My question is, why is that so?

#120 zarlighttusk

zarlighttusk

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationEST

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:32 AM

First off, just to clarify real quick, what I've found is that the quote "you can't have good without bad" is the opposite of the truth. In a way, in my opinion, all bad is simply perverted good. Having things isn't in itself bad, but stealing them from others is. Having sex within marriage isn't bad, but cheating on your spouse is. Killing to protect others isn't bad, but killing for some other unjust reason is. (Or perhaps killing is a perversion of living, I'm not really sure.) Looking at flowers isn't bad, but cheating off of someone's paper by looking at it is. Laughing isn't bad, but laughing because you caused someone pain is. Singing isn't bad, but singing excessively to the point where it annoys others is. Do you see what I'm saying?

Anyways, on to the whole Satan thing, in Christianity, Satan isn't really God's opposite, he's kind of, in my opinion, an example of something that perverted God's gift of freedom. In some ways, I think, he's a lot like what I believe people are, beings who have turned away from God because they want to do things their own way, perverting His gift of freedom. He is God's enemy, but he's wholly inferior, living off of borrowed time. God could destroy him if He wanted to, but He has given him the gift of freedom, so He doesn't destroy Him. Although He will punish him eternally at the end. Does that make sense? I'm sorry if it doesn't, I'm kinda' beat from school today.

I can't really say why other religions believe in Satan-like figures for sure and I would probably offend someone. Although I'm pretty sure a lot of them sort of mix good and bad into a bunch of Gods, like the Greeks, Romans, and Norse. But of course, then they have their own little twists which I do not know. I would say, because I'm a Christian and believe the Bible, that other religions that have Satan-like figures have them because they are vaguely aware of the truth of the Bible and have tried to imitate it. Once again, I hope that made sense. I also hope I didn't offend anyone. Feel free to ask questions as they help me to learn and to clarify for both you and myself.

#121 Basilisco

Basilisco

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationNo soy de aqui

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:51 AM

By definition, you have to set standards to determine good from regular and that means there is a parameter then if you have good there is an opposite for it too, so that's the reason of the saying.

On the other hand, people believe in satan because:

-Most religions are based on jehova, on the bible it says that lucifer was a cool guy who disagreed with him and stuff, so he was sent to the underground and blah blah you know the rest

-There is a sense of complementation in all the stuff humans say/think, for everything we have there's need to have an opposite. (Probably the reason why the bible writers invented satan)

Also, if you're religious you have to believe what they tell you, so if they say there is a mutant ninja turtle who tortures you if you are a bad boy, just go with it

Aaaaand god obviously knew that satan was going to betray him, and that eva was gonna be tempted and all the stuff that made the world as of today, in my opinion he ain't so lovely since he is playing with us since the beginning...

#122 Maleficent

Maleficent

Hatchling [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationIn Your Ribcage

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:45 AM

Where is the option to vote for pastaferianism?
In all seriousness, athiest, though voting does not seem to work.

#123 The Happy knight

The Happy knight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationIn your face

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:23 AM

Voting won't work for me either.

#124 Xemnas768

Xemnas768

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:00 AM

voting's been busted for months

#125 Maleficent

Maleficent

Hatchling [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationIn Your Ribcage

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:23 PM

Any reason why that hasn't been fixed as of yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users