406 replies to this topic

#1 Denivire

Denivire

Moderator [mod level 2]

• Moderator [Mod level 1]
  • 4,012 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:32 AM

This question appears all over the place, and is a good one at that; "Is it so wrong for homosexuality to be?"

In this topic, state your stance on homosexuality, and even those who consider themselves bisexual. Please refrain from statements such as "all homosexuals should die" or mockery of this topic.

Now, Homosexuality is considered a sin for many religions, Christianity being one of them. It does state in the bible that those who are homosexuals should be stoned to death (I'm not joking, it says to take the discovered ones out into the streets, and stone them to death in public). The Gay Pride Parade is also coming up soon I believe. Those who consider themselves Homosexuals or Bisexuals state that they should have the right to marriage, and the right to take care of children, both of which have been given to them in some states and countries.

Now, personally, I think people should be fine being the way they are. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I'm okay with people openly admitting they are. Biologically, we were not designed for that kind of a relationship, and that to me is one reason I don't fully agree with it, but once again, I'm fine with people saying they are what they are, as it isn't right for a person to not be themselves.

I'm hoping I can get some mature answers in here, or at least something more than "It's wrong", and that I won't regret making such a topic.

#2 Zugama

Zugama

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationSomewhere not-so over the rainbow

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:36 AM

I think it is not. Stopping two people from loving each other no matter what gender I believe is wrong. ;)

#3 Babbity_Rabbity

Babbity_Rabbity

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,939 posts
  • LocationReaver's Rear Passage

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:38 AM

I think it is not. Stopping two people from loving each other no matter what gender I believe is wrong. ;)

Agreed.

#4 Chromatic Flame

Chromatic Flame

Elder Chicken [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
  • LocationWinchester, VA

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:39 AM

I don't homosexuality is wrong at all. For some people it's as natural as heterosexuality is natural to others. I do support gay marriage openly because I believe in freedom of expression. I consider marriage to be a form of expression. As in the ultimate expression of love.

As far as it being a sin....I think those religions declared it so because many high ranking members of their respective churches have or still are practicing homosexuality.

And they shouldn't be treated any differently for doing so.

#5 Rizyq

Rizyq

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:43 AM

I think like this.
If a man can't love a man, why should women be able to love men?

I support same-sex marriages and relationships.

I really don't understand why people think otherwise...

Why do so many people hate homosexuals?

#6 Chromatic Flame

Chromatic Flame

Elder Chicken [Level 2]

• Members
  • 1,362 posts
  • LocationWinchester, VA

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:44 AM

For the pretty much the same reasons we have racism in the world.

Homosexuals are different from them and that makes heterosexuals feel both scared and insecure about their own sexuality.

At least that's how I see it.

#7 Denivire

Denivire

Moderator [mod level 2]

• 4,012 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:13 AM

Or it could be a sexual standpoint, where biologically speaking, it is impossible for two individuals of the same sex to produce children, and therefore should not be an accepted form of life due to that.
For me, I think of it similar to that, just that I think it's okay for the two people to get together.
Marriage, I think religiously in a church should not take place, as it was designed for two people who love each other and want to bear children together. On the other hand, marriage, the legally binding method done for legal purposes such as shared materials and health plans through each others workplace, usually done in front of a judge, I think should be allowed. If the couple wish for it to be more like a traditional marriage, the constitution should allow for a judge to be able to legally bind two partners together in almost any setting, under almost any circumstances deemed reasonable. This way, both the religious fanatics and those wanting marriage can both be appeased.

#8 HeavyHorse

HeavyHorse

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:17 AM

I say it's not wrong. It's really unfortunate how some Christians (note: some) react about it too, as if someone is getting murdered. Love is love, buzz off.

#9 The Mad Fiddler

The Mad Fiddler

Moderator [mod level 2]

• 4,321 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:47 AM

Homosexuality is wrong because in the Bible it is said that it is a sin.

Here's the thing. There is supposedly studies saying homosexuality is biologically driven, if this is so then why do animals not act this way? Where in the animal kingdom does a male love a male? And I don't mean father to son. Here's the fact, homosexuals have a hard time resisting the urge towards the same sex. This is the ultimate question, why is it this way?

Here's my theory; because of the people that say it's okay. Here was a question I was challenged to answer, "Why would a person choose to be homosexual when there are so many people that would hate them and do terrible things?" Point A) Do people not gain hope but from only one individuall? They don't need a crowd behind them to believe what they believe, they only need one person at their side, that's all it takes.

I don't hate homosexuals, I hate homosexuality. I still care for the person. How is this possible you ask? My example; imagine yourself as a parent (not so hard for those that are) you have a teenager that is growing up and you love them very much. One day you find out that your child is taking drugs. Now do you hate your child? No, you still love them, but you hate the fact that they're doing drugs.

I'm sure I have another million and one points to make, and I'm sure there are another million and one questions that I don't have the answer too, because believe it or not I'm only 19 and just because I'm Christian I don't know the answer to everything.

Anyways have a great day.

#10 Guest_rekrul_*

Guest_rekrul_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:30 AM

Here's the thing. There is supposedly studies saying homosexuality is biologically driven, if this is so then why do animals not act this way? Where in the animal kingdom does a male love a male? And I don't mean father to son. Here's the fact, homosexuals have a hard time resisting the urge towards the same sex. This is the ultimate question, why is it this way?

Here's my theory; because of the people that say it's okay. Here was a question I was challenged to answer, "Why would a person choose to be homosexual when there are so many people that would hate them and do terrible things?" Point A) Do people not gain hope but from only one individuall? They don't need a crowd behind them to believe what they believe, they only need one person at their side, that's all it takes.

I don't hate homosexuals, I hate homosexuality. I still care for the person. How is this possible you ask? My example; imagine yourself as a parent (not so hard for those that are) you have a teenager that is growing up and you love them very much. One day you find out that your child is taking drugs. Now do you hate your child? No, you still love them, but you hate the fact that they're doing drugs.

I'm sure I have another million and one points to make, and I'm sure there are another million and one questions that I don't have the answer too, because believe it or not I'm only 19 and just because I'm Christian I don't know the answer to everything.

You say animals can't be gay. Can they love like humans do? Can they think like humans do?

I'm 14. I've sacrificed my social functionality for my own personal happiness. I'll never have a significant other in high school. But I can't change it. I don't want to. I'm happy with who I am.

And if it adds any weight to it, I'm the_lurker. I couldn't stand by reading this thread without cutting in.

#11 The Mad Fiddler

The Mad Fiddler

Moderator [mod level 2]

• 4,321 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:57 AM

You say animals can't be gay. Can they love like humans do? Can they think like humans do?

I'm 14. I've sacrificed my social functionality for my own personal happiness. I'll never have a significant other in high school. But I can't change it. I don't want to. I'm happy with who I am.

No they can't, but that wasn't my point, my point was to disprove that it's not a biological thing.

And if it adds any weight to it, I'm the_lurker. I couldn't stand by reading this thread without cutting in.

Funny, that's how I felt when I read this thread.

#12 Roy-G-Biv

Roy-G-Biv

Moderator [mod level 2]

• Moderator [Mod level 2]
  • 6,761 posts
  • LocationLocation?

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:28 AM

Lurker!
Where have you been!?

Anyhow, gays.........
really, it is a sin according to the bible. But if they want to sin to love each other, let them be.

I don't really care if they end up in Hell.

#13 Pedrg93

Pedrg93

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationHonduras baby!

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:22 PM

Religiously, I think it's wrong. Not religiously, I don't really care, for (and this is a huge debate) some, it's not something they chose. Some! Not all.

As for animals, there's HUNDREDS of gay animals! Heck, male penguins in zoos start to mate, and adopt rocks as eggs! Many animals do this!

Check this out...

#14 Chris

Chris

Moderator [mod level 1]

• 6,167 posts
  • LocationJolly ol' England

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:55 PM

To be honest, I don't think its wrong, but I don't think its right either. Its not right if someone acts like an absolute idiot and uses the excuse that it is a 'homosexual attitude'. I don't care what it says in the Bible. I don't care what any Religious authority says, I believe what I want to believe :|

To be honest, homosexuals can be homosexuals...but there are those ones that just... 'try too hard' :oops: The way they act and the tiny annoyances that come with their behaviour just annoy me. Sure they can be gay if they please, but I really don't get what is with the whole attitude that some of them have...you know, the floaty ones that wear all the ridiculous outfits :roll:

Its like they're trying 'too hard' to be homosexual, they just want to announce their homosexuality over and over to anyone they can...but I share an equal amount of respect for those who don't as I do for any other person. The ones who just want to get on with their lives without worry of discrimination

I don't really want to get into a discussion about it, I just thought I'd post my opinion :ugeek:

#15 Xtr4M1nty

Xtr4M1nty

Elder Chicken [Level 2]

• Members
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSunny Scotland

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:07 PM

Nope not really as in the sense...well yes but no....

Its right mentally.

Its wrong biologically.

I dont mind it to be honest. I still think of the use of "Gay" as an insult is pretty wrong. People can be whatever they want well...Mentally anyway.

#16 Guest_More Dead Guys_*

Guest_More Dead Guys_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:54 PM

I have no problem with Homosexuality. I just dont think they should be able to get married. It should be between a man and a woman. Its been like that for centuries and should stay that way.

#17 Guest_rekrul_*

Guest_rekrul_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:04 PM

Lurker!
Where have you been!?

Anyhow, gays.........
really, it is a sin according to the bible. But if they want to sin to love each other, let them be.

I've just been around. Thought I'd check out the new forum format. It's so much happier around here. But I was stunned by the ignorance in this thread. Being one of the "sinners" myself, I felt obliged to cut in.

By the way, Roy, you're never on Steam. We should play some PC games sometime.

#18 Guest_Gentlemanly Man_*

Guest_Gentlemanly Man_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:07 PM

Gays are bad and terribly disgusting.

#19 Roy-G-Biv

Roy-G-Biv

Moderator [mod level 2]

• 6,761 posts
  • LocationLocation?

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:12 PM

Lurker!
Where have you been!?

Anyhow, gays.........

I've just been around. Thought I'd check out the new forum format. It's so much happier around here. But I was stunned by the ignorance in this thread. Being one of the "sinners" myself, I felt obliged to cut in.

By the way, Roy, you're never on Steam. We should play some PC games sometime.

Yeah.....
I don't have any money to buy games.
So there's no point in having Steam if I can't play games.

#20 Guest_rekrul_*

Guest_rekrul_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:13 PM

Yeah.....
I don't have any money to buy games.
So there's no point in having Steam if I can't play games.

Oh, I see. I just saw that you've been offline for 100 days or so.

#21 Guest_Gentlemanly Man_*

Guest_Gentlemanly Man_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:14 PM

You know, you can add non steam games to your steam game list so that you can at least converse in-game.

#22 Guest_rekrul_*

Guest_rekrul_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:16 PM

You know, you can add non steam games to your steam game list so that you can at least converse in-game.

I did this until I got a computer that could run Source.

#23 Powered by Chicken