#451 mechazeep

mechazeep

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,425 posts
  • LocationIn a 90's music video

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:41 PM

Every single FPS. Apart from Goldeneye, that's the only good one, hopefully the new one for the Wii will be as awesome. But anyway, CoD killed the genre.
That is extremely vague and uneducated statement. Their is no possible way you played every FPS ever realesed and hated all.
GTA 4.
Meh
All wrestling games.
Agree
Realistic racing games. (So bloody boring)Burnout is good. But then again, it only LOOKS real, it certainly doesn't play real. I also like the arcade driving games, but mainly because of the periferals.
MMORPGs.
Ehh. Same thing for FPS.
Guitar Hero, and every game related to Guitar Hero in any way, shape or form.
Well, that one makes more sense because the games are all alike. I'll take it.

AND NOW TO BRACE FOR THE ANGRY FANBOYS.I really hate it when people say poop likle this.

#452 Jay.1

Jay.1

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationNorth-East England

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:53 PM

1. Most if not all FPS games play pretty much the exact same, and i've played quite a few, so it's not really uneducated if you ask me. The only reason i enjoy Goldeneye is because it was pretty much a template on how to make a good FPS, just like Super Mario 64 was a template on how to make a good 3D game.

2. MMOs:

They have the exact same gameplay as eachother, they're boring and slow, and for some of them you have to pay to play them... Although that last one may be wrong, WoW is the only one i know of with a pay to play thingy (Correct me if it is). The communities on them are also incredibly stupid.

3. I only really said to brace for fanboys because i pretty much hate most of the new garbage that game developers spew... Especially CoD. Bloody game, waste of my time. And i've been in many arguments concerning such things.

#453 mechazeep

mechazeep

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 10,425 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:14 PM

1. Most if not all FPS games play pretty much the exact same, and i've played quite a few, so it's not really uneducated if you ask me. The only reason i enjoy Goldeneye is because it was pretty much a template on how to make a good FPS, just like Super Mario 64 was a template on how to make a good 3D game.

2. MMOs:

They have the exact same gameplay as eachother, they're boring and slow, and for some of them you have to pay to play them... Although that last one may be wrong, WoW is the only one i know of with a pay to play thingy (Correct me if it is). The communities on them are also incredibly stupid.

3. I only really said to brace for fanboys because i pretty much hate most of the new garbage that game developers spew... Especially CoD. Bloody game, waste of my time. And i've been in many arguments concerning such things.

Alright.
I just hate when people classify a game by its genre.

#454 Jay.1

Jay.1

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:19 PM

Oh. Well i try not to do that, but it's kinda' hard when i've played many games of the same genre, and found them to be downright awful.

#455 Babbity_Rabbity

Babbity_Rabbity

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 7,939 posts
  • LocationReaver's Rear Passage

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:21 PM

2. MMOs:

I hate WoW's price, but I love the game.
The first 20 levels are pretty repetitive, but you can start doing dungeons around then. And the new system they introduced allows to you level up all the way to 80 by only doing dungeons (from level 15, of course)
If you don't go on any sites for WoW and just judge the community off of what you see in the game, yes, they're pretty darn stupid. But, there's a few really organized and friendly guilds for both casual players and people who do endgame stuff.
And WoW pretty much invented the MMO as we know it, so its gameplay is a lot more balanced and interesting then most other MMOs that tried to copy it.

Oh. Well i try not to do that, but it's kinda' hard when i've played many games of the same genre, and found them to be downright awful.

There are those rare exceptions here and there.

#456 Jay.1

Jay.1

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:28 PM

If you don't go on any sites for WoW and just judge the community off of what you see in the game, yes, they're pretty darn stupid.

Of course, i judged by what i seen in the game. But it wasn't just WoW, it was all the MMOs i've played. Although the community isn't really the best reason to dislike a game, it was the straw on the camel's back for me.

There are those rare exceptions here and there.

Yeah, just like i said about Goldeneye, there may be the odd exception. But as a whole, i think just a couple games can't make up for a complete genre.

#457 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:03 AM

I see no point in playing mmos. you whant to lvlup so you an lvl up faster this is why games like dota(wc3) is azome. it's notyour chars lvl that mathers it's your skills. this dosent mean i dont play mmos :geek:

#458 DaShroom

DaShroom

Chicken Lover [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationOn the dark side of the moon. It's a bit nippy up here, got a coat?

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:17 PM

why bother with mmo's?

"I fight monsters so i can go upp a lvl, buy new clothes and weapons so i can fight different monsters."

that is the formula of an MMO, you just do it over and over again.

#459 Bloob

Bloob

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 5,310 posts
  • LocationπŸ…Έ'πŸ…Ό πŸ…ΈπŸ…½ πŸ†ˆπŸ…ΎπŸ†„πŸ† πŸ…°πŸ†πŸ…΄πŸ…° (πŸ…Έ πŸ…ΊπŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†† πŸ†ƒπŸ…·πŸ…΄ πŸ…΅πŸ…ΈπŸ†πŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ πŸ†ƒπŸ…·πŸ†πŸ…΄πŸ…΄ πŸ…½πŸ†„πŸ…ΌπŸ…±πŸ…΄πŸ†πŸ†‚)

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:32 PM

why bother with mmo's?

"I fight monsters so i can go upp a lvl, buy new clothes and weapons so i can fight different monsters."

Why bother with FPS games?

"I shoot things."

#460 mechazeep

mechazeep

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 10,425 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:21 PM

why bother with mmo's?

Why bother with FPS games?

"I shoot things."

Why bother with games themself?

#461 Chris

Chris

Moderator [mod level 1]

• Moderator [Mod level 2]
  • 6,361 posts
  • LocationJolly ol' England

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:45 PM

why bother with mmo's?

Its a fun waste of time with friends though :)

Besides, you could view any game in that 'This is a waste of time' attitude:
FPS: I shoot things to level up/beat the game
RTS: I collect resources and build things to kill other things with
Platform: I jump around levels of increasing difficulty to reach a final boss
Driving: I drive around a track numerous times to become better than AI/Players at pretending to drive

If you look at anything in that way then it all seems like a waste of time

#462 GILLHUHN

GILLHUHN

Chicken Lover [Level 4]

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • LocationLiberating the zombie occupied eastern front.

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:19 PM

why bother with mmo's?

Its a fun waste of time with friends though :)

Besides, you could view any game in that 'This is a waste of time' attitude:
FPS: I shoot things to level up/beat the game
RTS: I collect resources and build things to kill other things with
Platform: I jump around levels of increasing difficulty to reach a final boss
Driving: I drive around a track numerous times to become better than AI/Players at pretending to drive

If you look at anything in that way then it all seems like a waste of time

Would just like to point out video games are designed to be a fun way to waste time.

#463 Chris

Chris

Moderator [mod level 1]

• 6,361 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:39 PM

Would just like to point out video games are designed to be a fun way to waste time.

Exactly my point :)

#464 DaShroom

DaShroom

Chicken Lover [Level 4]

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • LocationOn the dark side of the moon. It's a bit nippy up here, got a coat?

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:47 PM

I see your point, you can look at pretty much everthing that way. But anything that is fun cant be a waste of time :D

#465 Droideka 3X

Droideka 3X

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationAntarctica

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:15 PM

Some games that I really hate:

1. Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 (and any other Sonic games past this)
2. Rogue Warrior (profanity is almost laughable)
3. Over G Fighters (most annoying flight simulator ever)

#466 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:45 PM

Some like lvling in mmos i in other hand find me getting bored and playing just to get lvl. and why so i an lvl more. that's why fps games in my opinion are playable i like shoting people.

#467 Chris

Chris

Moderator [mod level 1]

• 6,361 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:59 PM

Over G Fighters (most annoying flight simulator ever)

There are some really bad fighters out there

To me, the best fighting game series will always be Dead or Alive, with the Soul Calibur series second, and the Marvel VS Capcom series third

I've never been much for Tekken though. Compared to DOA, the fighting just isn't fast paced enough

#468 Zugama

Zugama

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationSomewhere not-so over the rainbow

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:06 AM

I hate it when you wait so long for something and it turns out it is not coming out in your area. *Video has no sound*

I waited so long for the Wii version of this game to come out as I love Bomberman's single player modes. We never got it, so all we got was the one that just had the multiplayer game in it, while Japan got BOTH the Wii version with single and multiplayer in it, PLUS the Wiiware version we got! (Just because I am in Japan does not mean I can play this game. I own an american Wii console) It makes me sad. :(

#469 Dec21

Dec21

Hatchling [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:39 AM

I hope you guys are aware that CC is one of those mash X or Y button games, right.

Besides you could say that all sequels are just new coats of paint on old games.

#470 Zugama

Zugama

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationSomewhere not-so over the rainbow

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:15 AM

Besides you could say that all sequels are just new coats of paint on old games.

I hate it when people call a sequel unoriginal and hate it for that. It is not suppose the be super original, it is suppose to be like the game before it, only with new things in it. I think it is stupid to hate a game for that. (I don't know how to explain this well right now, perhaps I can some other time.)

#471 Basilisco

Basilisco

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationNo soy de aqui

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:20 PM

I hate it when people call a sequel unoriginal and hate it for that. It is not suppose the be super original, it is suppose to be like the game before it, only with new things in it. I think it is stupid to hate a game for that. (I don't know how to explain this well right now, perhaps I can some other time.)

I agree with zugama, many people hate sequel because they dont change the whole game.

It is wrong because, since it is a sequel, is obviously based on the original game.

On the other hand i get that people doesnt mean all the sequels, for example Tony hawk skating game used to come out every year, without time for the franchise to evolve, other games do this, and i think that sucks, it kills the whole purpose of a sequel (evolutiuon of the franchise, Innovation, etc.) is just a way to make a quick buck.

#472 Bloob

Bloob

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 5,310 posts
  • LocationπŸ…Έ'πŸ…Ό πŸ…ΈπŸ…½ πŸ†ˆπŸ…ΎπŸ†„πŸ† πŸ…°πŸ†πŸ…΄πŸ…° (πŸ…Έ πŸ…ΊπŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†† πŸ†ƒπŸ…·πŸ…΄ πŸ…΅πŸ…ΈπŸ†πŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ πŸ†ƒπŸ…·πŸ†πŸ…΄πŸ…΄ πŸ…½πŸ†„πŸ…ΌπŸ…±πŸ…΄πŸ†πŸ†‚)

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:24 PM

I'm fine with sequels, but when they just change the levels and add a few more weapons and such, it feels more like a remake.
I don't get why they bother making a sequel when new levels and weapons could just be DLC.
Quality over quantity.

#473 Balobo

Balobo

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:17 PM

I'm fine with sequels, but when they just change the levels and add a few more weapons and such, it feels more like a remake.

Pretty much like MW2.

#474 Guest_wtfisbehemoth_*

Guest_wtfisbehemoth_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:24 PM

games i hate would be dj hero because you cant lose,games based from movies or spongebob,and games where you fly in airplanes for the whole game. I usually like everything else.

#475 Chris

Chris

Moderator [mod level 1]

• 6,361 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:03 AM

Pretty much like MW2.

Or Gears of War 2, probably the most notable of all games for doing this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Forgotten Knight, Games, Hate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users