#26 Basilisco

Basilisco

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationNo soy de aqui

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:57 AM

*Shifts feet nervously* I shouldn't have said that.

Here's one idea:

When you die, you turn reincarnate as some strange invisible bird (otherwise known as a spirit) and fly around watching stuff in the world until people forget about you and you stop existing altogether.

There. Something simple, happy? D:

I actually did think of something like that in a story i wrote, but in the story when people forgot about you you reincarnated(?) and you were a baby again.

Also i think that if you are a hater you become what you hate so your soul will suffer forever :evil: -just a theory ;)

#27 Abyssmal Cookie

Abyssmal Cookie

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,930 posts
  • LocationEither at school, work, on steam, playing something, or sleeping.

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:01 AM

I have several insane theories about life that would make me go to a crazy house.

This is the reason I fear boredom. I need to stop myself from thinking about it.

Haha, same, sadly.

Purgatory is life after death, yes?
I'm not sure what to believe yet.
I have a few theories, but I don't know which to believe whole-heartedly.

Do we just fade away, or do we become reincarnated?
Reincarnation doesn't seem very likely, as that would mean there were as many souls today as there were then, which is obviously not true.
Unless the souls of other creatures count.
Thinking about reincarnation makes me sad. Living through life, only to forget everyone you loved? That doesn't sound very appealing.

I guess religion plays a big part in believing in it or not. And since I'm Agnostic, I'm left to the dark, to think of everyone else's opinions and form my own view.

#28 Dexide

Dexide

Moderator [mod level 2]

• Moderator [Mod level 1]
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:21 AM

Thoughts like what happens after death are the reason I watch TV or talk on the phone in bed. It's a terrifying subject to me. Some times it just hits me, like "Dude, one day you're gonna die. Like, I mean, your life is going to end, bro."

I have no clue what goes on after we die, which is why it's so damn terrifying. I mean, if there's no after life, do we just like, go? Like, one day, it's just "Oop I died. Poof I'm gone."?

I mean, the only person I know is real is me. For all I know every other human being, or living thing for that matter, on this earth cold be a figment of my imagination. So if it turned out I was the only real human being on this earth, even the only real living thing in this universe, what would happen when I died?

There you have it, folks, ramblings of a madman.

#29 AwNNeR 5

AwNNeR 5

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:45 PM

Do not click this if you will not read it all. It is about my belief.

Spoiler

#30 Abyssmal Cookie

Abyssmal Cookie

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:59 PM

Do not click this if you will not read it all. It is about my belief.

Spoiler

I haven't really read through the bible (sue me), but you seem to make good points.
And the reason that the bible features things like incest, polygamy, and murder because those weren't really big deals back then. Yet, nobody wants the bible rewritten because it's "holy".
I'm not saying it isn't, but I'm not saying it is either.

In my opinion, not one religion is the "true religion".
I, myself, am Agnostic. I'm not an Atheist, because I have not truly decided what to believe yet.
I haven't really looked for anything to believe in though.

Anyway, awhile back I saw a show (I think it was Supernatural), and it basically said that everyone's heaven is unique to them, and based on their best memories.
It sounds nice to me, but it is certainly questionable.
But so is every other idea.

I still like the idea of a "Heaven" better than reincarnation.
Although the idea of reincarnation makes a bit more sense. Especially if you can be reincarnated into any creature.

There's also a possibility of there being a "Heaven" where you can be reincarnated by choice or something.

I'm not too sure.

#31 Ihaznightvision

Ihaznightvision

Chicken Lover [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationFinding Waldo...Again.

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:24 AM

There's also a possibility of there being a "Heaven" where you can be reincarnated by choice or something.

I'm not too sure.

Well, Heaven is supposed to bring eternal joy with God the Father with all those we knew who have died, and those who will die, so I wouldn't want to go back to Earth. :)

#32 zarlighttusk

zarlighttusk

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationEST

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:45 PM

I haven't really read through the bible (sue me), but you seem to make good points.
And the reason that the bible features things like incest, polygamy, and murder because those weren't really big deals back then. Yet, nobody wants the bible rewritten because it's "holy".
I'm not saying it isn't, but I'm not saying it is either.

In my opinion, not one religion is the "true religion".
I, myself, am Agnostic. I'm not an Atheist, because I have not truly decided what to believe yet.
I haven't really looked for anything to believe in though.

Anyway, awhile back I saw a show (I think it was Supernatural), and it basically said that everyone's heaven is unique to them, and based on their best memories.
It sounds nice to me, but it is certainly questionable.
But so is every other idea.

I still like the idea of a "Heaven" better than reincarnation.
Although the idea of reincarnation makes a bit more sense. Especially if you can be reincarnated into any creature.

I'm not too sure.

Can you really just pick a religion and it becomes true? Also in regards to rewriting the Bible I'd like to point out that while those certain things may not be so prevalent today many of the principles in the Bible can be applied to various aspects of life today.

2nd conclusion: religion is an irrational ideal. Everything else I have experienced in life has a logical explanation, so why does it make sense to accept something so gratuitously inconsistent with the rest of my life?

What makes Religion, Christianity to be exact, so irrational?

3rd conclusion: I do not feel that practicing something like religion allows for any inconsistency. When I began to read the Bible with my mother, I noticed all of these paradoxes. It is easily understood that Moses was using the fear of an all-powerful god to keep control over the other Jews during their exodus from Egypt. When he and his buds wanted something, Moses said in summary "God wants it" to his people. He scared them into giving him gold, silver, fine threads and a feast every day. This is not my definition of a good person. Also, the Bibles features examples of terrible things like incest, polygamy, and murder going unpunished while when non-believers commit milder crimes, the result in death.

I haven't read through Exodus in a while but I know for a fact that Moses rarely disobeyed God's will. He never abused his power. Could you possibly give me a verse where you think abuse of Moses's power was shown?

Also, hypocrisy bothers me. "Good Christians" who haven't even read the Bible and thus do not actually follow all of the terms and conditions (just look at what is expected of Christians by reading Leviticus). With this, it bothers me that the Bible is used to justify all action. Nobody is superior to anyone else, despite what the Bible (particularly the Old Testament) says.

I'm not denying the thousands of Christian hypocrites that exist but with a religion as big as Christianity you will get many that simply "claim" to be Christians.
Even the temple back in Jesus's day was filled with hypocrites. In Mathew 23:27-28 Jesus says: "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.
Also the rules have changed since the old testament now that Jesus has died for our sins.

Sorry for such a long post.

#33 Abyssmal Cookie

Abyssmal Cookie

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:06 PM

Can you really just pick a religion and it becomes true?

No, it's either true to begin with, flawed, or not true at all.
Yet, it's not easy to find the "true religion".

Some people just want to have a religion, such as Christianity or Judaism, and stick with it no matter how irrational it could be.
Who knows for sure if the irrational parts actually happened.

I don't know. And I don't mean to offend anyone, so I'm sorry if I have.

#34 zarlighttusk

zarlighttusk

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • 908 posts
  • LocationEST

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:07 PM

Can you really just pick a religion and it becomes true?

No, it's either true to begin with, flawed, or not true at all.
Yet, it's not easy to find the "true religion".

Some people just want to have a religion, such as Christianity or Judaism, and stick with it no matter how irrational it could be.
Who knows for sure if the irrational parts actually happened.

I don't know. And I don't mean to offend anyone, so I'm sorry if I have.

I'm not offended. I just strongly believe in Christianity and enjoy a good debate regarding said topic.

#35 Abyssmal Cookie

Abyssmal Cookie

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:38 PM

I'm not offended. I just strongly believe in Christianity and enjoy a good debate regarding said topic.

Alright.

I'm just an agnostic kid right now, so I don't really have the greatest idea of what's what.
But when I have time I'll read through a bunch of religions to get a better idea.

Well, Heaven is supposed to bring eternal joy with God the Father with all those we knew who have died, and those who will die, so I wouldn't want to go back to Earth. :)

Well, I wouldn't either.
Some people might though.

#36 zarlighttusk

zarlighttusk

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • 908 posts
  • LocationEST

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:12 PM

If I'm remembering correctly there'll be a new Earth with a giant city. I'll be back once I've read that part again.
[EDIT] Yep, there'll be a new Jerusalem on the new Earth.

#37 mechazeep

mechazeep

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 10,422 posts
  • LocationIn a 90's music video

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:53 AM

I choose to live life the way it suits my life and entertains myself and worry about the after life once I'm dead!

#38 zarlighttusk

zarlighttusk

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • 908 posts
  • LocationEST

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:35 PM

I choose to live life the way it suits my life and entertains myself and worry about the after life once I'm dead!

What happens if you die and find out you're goin' to Hell? Wouldn't it be best to be prepared?

#39 Babbity_Rabbity

Babbity_Rabbity

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 7,939 posts
  • LocationReaver's Rear Passage

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:37 PM

What happens if you die and find out you're goin' to Hell? Wouldn't it be bested to be prepared?

And live a dull life?
No thanks.

#40 zarlighttusk

zarlighttusk

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • 908 posts
  • LocationEST

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:45 PM

What happens if you die and find out you're goin' to Hell? Wouldn't it be bested to be prepared?

And live a dull life?
No thanks.

What's 60-100 years compared to eternity?

#41 Babbity_Rabbity

Babbity_Rabbity

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 7,939 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:48 PM

I'm atheist.

#42 Basilisco

Basilisco

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationNo soy de aqui

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:54 PM

:/ I am not sure i would like to exist forever...

its like being gods, and everyone knows gods envy us because they are stocked in eternity and we have an undefined fate. ;)

EDIT:according to my brother it is spelled stuck

#43 squidbee

squidbee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Locationgood question....

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:05 PM

i dont know what happens after death, personally im hoping for reincarnation :D

#44 mechazeep

mechazeep

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 10,422 posts
  • LocationIn a 90's music video

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:02 PM

What happens if you die and find out you're goin' to Hell? Wouldn't it be best to be prepared?

How could you prepare for hell? Fire suits?

#45 zarlighttusk

zarlighttusk

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • 908 posts
  • LocationEST

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:57 PM

its like being gods, and everyone knows gods envy us because they are stocked in eternity and we have an undefined fate. ;)

Trust me, it won't be boring. Heaven is a perfect place. Also, God, capitol 'g', is very different compared to gods, little 'g'. gods are just puny imperfect man-made imitations of the real God. Why would the God who loves us and can do anything he wants have his children's future home be boring?

How could you prepare for hell? Fire suits?

A. Admit your a sinner.
B. Believe that Jesus died on the cross.
C. Call out and ask him to come into your heart.

Then you don't even have to worry about Hell. I guess prepare wasn't the best word choice.

i dont know what happens after death, personally im hoping for reincarnation :D

Is hope enough, why not put your faith on a firm foundation?

I'm atheist.

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully that will change.

#46 Basilisco

Basilisco

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationNo soy de aqui

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:04 AM

Trust me, it won't be boring. Heaven is a perfect place. Also, God, capitol 'g', is very different compared to gods, little 'g'. gods are just puny imperfect man-made imitations of the real God. Why would the God who loves us and can do anything he wants have his children's future home be boring?

that was on purpose :)

#47 Babbity_Rabbity

Babbity_Rabbity

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 7,939 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:42 AM

I smelllllll Super Christian!
[quote name="zarlighttusk"]
Trust me, it won't be boring. [/quote]
So have you been there? How is it?

[quote name="zarlighttusk"]Heaven is a perfect place. Also, God, capitol 'g', is very different compared to gods, little 'g'. gods are just puny imperfect man-made imitations of the real God. Why would the God who loves us and can do anything he wants have his children's future home be boring?[/quote]
"God" is referring to the God that is the center of certain beliefs.
"gods" is when you're talking about more than one god.

A. Admit your a sinner.
B. Believe that Jesus died on the cross.
C. Call out and ask him to come into your heart.
[/quote]
There's more religions than just Christianity, you know.

Is hope enough, why not put your faith on a firm foundation?[/quote]
Give me proof.

[quote name="Babbity_Rabbity"][quote name="zarlighttusk"]

What's 60-100 years compared to eternity?[/quote]
I'm atheist.[/quote]

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully that will change.[/quote]
[mybelief]I'm sorry that I don't believe in God because of the condition of Earth. If there really was a God, he wouldn't have made humans this stupid. [/mybelief]

#48 Slusheee

Slusheee

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,794 posts
  • LocationBehemothtown

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:53 AM

...does every atheist have to discriminate all other religions? :roll:

#49 Babbity_Rabbity

Babbity_Rabbity

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 7,939 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:55 AM

Well excuuuuuse me for stating my reasons as to why I am an atheist.

#50 Abyssmal Cookie

Abyssmal Cookie

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:57 AM

No. But can't they voice their thoughts and reasons? Religious people get to voice theirs, so why not the atheists?
And I'm not trying to start a fight right now, I'm just trying to get a point across.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users