Photo

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

• Please log in to reply
566 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will come out on top?! (0 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will come out on top?!

1. ULTIMATE (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. MARVEL (0 votes [0.00%])

3. VS (0 votes [0.00%])

4. CAPCOM (0 votes [0.00%])

5. 3 (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#551 drunken feedle

drunken feedle

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:58 PM

im kinda disapointed how capcom/midway does this with their fighting game franchises.

They release 1 game sort of like a beta and when it sells big they make a directors cut with 10x more stuff for it.

Now theres SF VS Tekken...
Whats the next version of it going to be?
SF vs Tekken Ultimate edition Super Turbo Slow Motion Ultra Duper Remix Arcade Unplugged edition?

Its just another way for them to screw the buyers over

#552 Roy-G-Biv

Roy-G-Biv

Moderator [mod level 2]

• Moderator [Mod level 2]
  • 6,761 posts
  • LocationLocation?

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:28 PM

im kinda disapointed how capcom/midway does this with their fighting game franchises.

They release 1 game sort of like a beta and when it sells big they make a directors cut with 10x more stuff for it.

SF vs Tekken Ultimate edition Super Turbo Slow Motion Ultra Duper Remix Arcade Unplugged edition?

To be fair though, minor updates can now be downloaded and patched to our game rather than having to release a new game everytime.

Of course Fighting Game updates are often so complex (IE: they add/remove elements of the game) that they simply cannot be applied over an existing copy of the game, so they have to rerelease it as a disk.

DLC characters/stages obviously could be applied over the game as it doesn't make or break anything (programmingwise, balancewise it could be drastic).

I don't think I've seen any DLC packs that are so drastic that it could fundamentally change the game itself.

#553 CSword123

CSword123

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationYou first

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:59 PM

Well lets be realistic here. Capcom knows that this game might not sell as well as Vanilla MVC3. They are prepared for that. What they also understood was that Spectator mode was a highly requested feature. If they needed to make a retail disc in order add this mode along with refining the engine, I can understand the need to make a full retail disc. I doubt they will try this with SF X T though. The team handling that is the SF4 devs, and they are already going to release AE 2012 as a free update. They are probably working on character DLC implementation as we speak.

#554 CSword123

CSword123

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • LocationYou first

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:09 PM

OBJECTION!

Nova/Phoenix Wright incoming!

Spoiler

Spoiler

#555 Roy-G-Biv

Roy-G-Biv

Moderator [mod level 2]

• 6,761 posts
  • LocationLocation?

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:46 PM

Phoenix Wright

Oh god I don't even wanna...

#556 buncakes1337

buncakes1337

Chicken Lover [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationMy computer chair

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:19 AM

Pheonix Wright? I'll definitely be trying him out. I'm tired of abusing Sentinel, I'll try something else for a change.

#557 TheOmegaKnight

TheOmegaKnight

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • LocationJukesville

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:03 AM

finally. all thats left now is frank and rocket racoon. But until the day their trailers are released. i shall marvel at the phoenix wright trailer. over. and over. and over.

#558 CSword123

CSword123

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • LocationYou first

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:03 PM

I'm so happy! I got to try out UMVC3 for the second time at New York Comic Con! :D Ghost Rider is such a beast. I even got my arcade stick and poster signed by the producer, Niitsuma!

For those who haven't seen the new dlc mode:
Spoiler
Is anyone going to get the new strategy guide? The guys who made the MVC3 guide really nailed it by including frame data, character analysis, and a glossary with fighting game terms. Right now, the UMVC3 guide is looking to be 600 pages long! If you preorder it from Amazon you get 8 dollars off.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Marvel-C ... =pd_sim__2

#559 Roy-G-Biv

Roy-G-Biv

Moderator [mod level 2]

• 6,761 posts
  • LocationLocation?

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:29 AM

So I don't get the new feature.
Does it modify the game system to the point where you can have one team emulate Street Fighter II and another emulate Guilty Gear XX?

#560 CSword123

CSword123

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • LocationYou first

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:42 PM

So I don't get the new feature.
Does it modify the game system to the point where you can have one team emulate Street Fighter II and another emulate Guilty Gear XX?

Yes, but probably not to that extreme. A maximum of 3 cards means the core gameplay of MVC3 remains largely the same. It certainly won't "feel" like you are playing Street Fighter when one bnb combo consists mostly of chains that can take 50-75% of your life. Guilty Gear is much more compatible, though. Maybe we can see stuff like RC's that cost 1 bar, or instant blocking.

#561 Roy-G-Biv

Roy-G-Biv

Moderator [mod level 2]

• 6,761 posts
  • LocationLocation?

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:09 PM

To be fair, I want to see Baroque, Just Defend, and the Duo Team Attack from MvC1 in this. And I'm not sure how well parrying will cope in Marvel.

#562 CSword123

CSword123

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • LocationYou first

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:50 PM

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning!"

Rocket Raccoon/Frank West are here at last!

Spoiler

Spoiler

#563 Zugama

Zugama

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationSomewhere not-so over the rainbow

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:46 AM

From the vids that I have seen, Frank West sure looks like he would be a blast to play as! Rocket Racoon also surprisingly turned out to be quite bad to the bone in my opinion. I mean, man, that voice!

#564 CSword123

CSword123

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • LocationYou first

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

From the vids that I have seen, Frank West sure looks like he would be a blast to play as! Rocket Racoon also surprisingly turned out to be quite bad to the bone in my opinion. I mean, man, that voice!

RR's definitely a shocker to those who thought he'd be a wasted slot. I kind of wish he played more like Cable though.

#565 Tayseanpwns

Tayseanpwns

Chicken Lover [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:16 PM

I HATE THIS GAME SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
They took out amazing characters and put in not as well known characters. It also has less characters than Marvel vs. Capcom 2 :!: I hate this game and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is still the best in the series

#566 Roy-G-Biv

Roy-G-Biv

Moderator [mod level 2]

• 6,761 posts
  • LocationLocation?

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:52 PM

They took out amazing characters and put in not as well known characters. It also has less characters than Marvel vs. Capcom 2 :!: I hate this game and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is still the best in the series

Go ahead and enjoy your broken Magneto/Storm/Sentinel fest.
I prefer a more balanced character roster with fresh faces and no recycled sprites.
:3

#567 CSword123

CSword123

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • LocationYou first

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:53 AM

Go ahead and enjoy your broken Magneto/Storm/Sentinel fest.
I prefer a more balanced character roster with fresh faces and no recycled sprites.
:3

Amen. Anyway, for the 3 people on this board who did get it, post your teams!!

I'm rocking Iron Fist/Ghost Rider/Viewtiful Joe. Iron Fist combos are no joke. They can leave you with 700k-900k if you use 2 bars and can be built easily on point if your rushdown>mixup is successful. There is also the option of just saving the bars for Ghost Rider because his level 3 Penance Stare is no joke and is an amazing comeback tactic when combined with blockstun X-Factor cancel.

I previously thought that Joe was most effective on point, but after seeing Dieminion use him on East Coast streams, I saw his potential as a decent anchor because of his hybrid zoning/rushdown playstyle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users