433 replies to this topic

#1 Zippy55

Zippy55

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:06 AM

Some of your GamerTag's and username's seem intriguing... post your story on how you thought up yours

I have a ferret called zippy and 55 or 5 is my number (its in everyone of my usernames that i made in the past 4 years :lol: ) =P pretty much it.... :P

#2 dork5002002

dork5002002

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • LocationUnited States, Arkansas

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:11 AM

I don't know why I choose dork. I choose it in about 1999 when I got my first computer and was making an email. Of course dork was taken so I upped it to dork500. I was new to computers, and it didn't take long for me to forget my password. I made a new account and still wanted the 500, so I tacked the year 2002. I don't know why I chose 2002. It was still 1999.

#3 SardonicSamurai

SardonicSamurai

Hatchling [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:11 AM

My name goes way back to the Diablo/ Diablo 2 days. Originally, my "SardonicSamurai" was actually a Hammerdin in D2 :D

lol, I used to have an Amazon named "ZonOfaBizitch" too, haha.

#4 Zippy55

Zippy55

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:12 AM

I don't know why I choose dork. I choose it in about 1999 when I got my first computer and was making an email. Of course dork was taken so I upped it to dork500. I was new to computers, and it didn't take long for me to forget my password. I made a new account and still wanted the 500, so I tacked the year 2002. I don't know why I chose 2002. It was still 1999.

:lol: :lol: that actually made me chuckle ALOT ... lol 2002...1999 .... y2k....

#5 Zippy55

Zippy55

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:13 AM

My name goes way back to the Diablo/ Diablo 2 days. Originally, my "SardonicSamurai" was actually a Hammerdin in D2 :D

lol, I used to have an Amazon named "ZonOfaBizitch" too, haha.

=P
do you like sardines... i like sardines...

#6 Damolition

Damolition

Hatchling [Level 3]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:20 AM

Damo + Demolition = Damolition.

#7 Denivire

Denivire

Moderator [mod level 2]

• Moderator [Mod level 1]
  • 4,012 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:23 AM

I thought I heard it somewhere and thought it sounded cool, Medieval but usable for today's times. Suited my personality.
Turns out I made it up from reading/watching too much King Arthur stuff and other fantasy related reads. Stupid Guenevere, which is how you pronounce it but change "Guen" to "Den". I had it since around 1999, and it sticks.

Also planned on doing a lot of projects before, including a webcomic. Guess what the main character's name was each time? :lol:

#8 Zippy55

Zippy55

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:27 AM

I thought I heard it somewhere and thought it sounded cool, Medieval but usable for today's times. Suited my personality.
Turns out I made it up from reading/watching too much King Arthur stuff and other fantasy related reads. Stupid Guenevere, which is how you pronounce it but change "Guen" to "Den". I had it since around 1999, and it sticks.

Also planned on doing a lot of projects before, including a webcomic. Guess what the main character's name was each time? :lol:

.... zippy55?
no really what was it?
im just like you excepy i get obsessed with fantasy games =P not to keen on reading.... it make brain go pffffftt except life of pi that boook was kick asss

#9 Iceman505 Redux

Iceman505 Redux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:59 AM

Iceman505 is the name hotmail auto-assigned me ten years ago, I've stuck with it.

#10 Dexide

Dexide

Moderator [mod level 2]

• 2,849 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 02:04 PM

Dexide is my name rearranged with an x.

I got the idea from KH2.

#11 Guibs

Guibs

Hatchling [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Locationsomewhere up north

Posted 16 August 2008 - 04:41 PM

Mine came as my nickname back in college. Even today, most of my friends from college know me by this name and have no clue what my real name is.

It's actually a short version of the start of my last name. It's french and should be pronounce like "Gibs". I had a lot of laughs the first time I heard americains pronouce it over xbox live during the xbox live beta...

#12 shesjustaglitch

shesjustaglitch

Moderator [mod level 2]

• Moderator [Mod level 2]
  • 1,505 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 16 August 2008 - 04:47 PM

Shesjustaglitch is really the song, She Is Just A Glitch

written by the band Sky Eats Airplane.

Its off their older cd where it was only 2 members.
Its an acoustic song with electronic elements added to it.

#13 DesertThug

DesertThug

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:54 PM

I wanted my gamertag to be DesertPunk after the anime. But it was taken, so I chose DesertThug. I'm Middle Eastern and I listen to a lot of Pac. Plus the opposite of a Punk is a Thug.

#14 Denivire

Denivire

Moderator [mod level 2]

• 4,012 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:16 AM

Dexide is my name rearranged with an x.

I got the idea from KH2.

... Eddie?

#15 danp

danp

Behemoth Founder [Level ??]

• Admin [NPC]
  • 1,988 posts
  • Locationanywhere justice needs to be served

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:59 AM

my gamertag is my name! here is some history, though, as i get asked about this sometimes.

i got the last name of Paladin because i am italian and my full last name was at one time "Paladini".

when my family moved to america there was a great deal of oppression towards italians due to world war II. in the 1940s over 600,000 italian immigrants were forced to register as "enemies of america", detained, relocated, stripped of their property or placed under curfew. some were locked in internment camps.

a few of those italians were the Paladinis! as a way of avoiding the obvious sounding italian name my family felt it was best to drop the last letter of our name so they could lead more normal lives and find jobs to avoid any other problems.

a very popular TV show "Paladin" came out in 1957 and i would imagine that made life a little easier for some of us. you can hear the actors singing it in the movie 'stand by me' while they are walking along the train tracks.

also, we can destroy skeletons with beams of light.

#16 Zippy55

Zippy55

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 03:03 AM

my name is my name! here is some history, though, as i get asked about this sometimes.

i got the last name of Paladin because i am italian and my full last name was at one time "Paladini".

when my family moved to america there was a great deal of oppression towards italians due to world war II. in the 1940s over 600,000 italian immigrants were forced to register as "enemies of america", detained, relocated, stripped of their property or placed under curfew. some were locked in internment camps.

a few of those italians were the Paladinis! as a way of avoiding the obvious sounding italian name my family dropped the last letter of our name so they could lead more normal lives and find jobs.

That's pretty sad :cry: my uncle was a refugee :shock:

#17 Phawx

Phawx

Hatchling [Level 3]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 03:52 AM

My name originally started as Hawk in a Quake clan that had all Bird names in it, I.E. Raven, Falcon, Etc.

Clan was called Team One. When I was in the Beta for Xbox Live I used the handle, "Supraman" Because my brother had a 97' Supra LE. Later down the line my brother wanted the handle as "it fit him better" I agreed and started a new account. Obviously Hawk had already been taken, so I chose T1 Hawk to have my Clan name in their.

Everyone called me Tony Hawk or said I was cheating because I had a 'T1' Connection to the net. Neither were correct and I did not like explaining to everyone how that were incorrect. So I began my arduous task of finding a new handle that contained no numbers, was pretty short and most importantly, not used.

I wanted to keep the Hawk part of my name, but all variations were taken. Hawx Hawc Hawck. I couldn't settle on any that would either work or fit what I wanted , so I decided to pick another animal and I settled on Fox. All variations were taken except the 'Ph' sounding 'Eff'. Phox looks stupid, so I sounded it out and landed on Phawx which actually has the Hawk part in it. Entered it in and *BAM* That's my gamer Tag.

It's pronounced Fawkes. Like Guy Fawkes from V for Vendetta, which is where people think I got my name. I'm fine with that, so I never really correct anyone. Heh.

#18 dork5002002

dork5002002

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • LocationUnited States, Arkansas

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:54 AM

...also, we can destroy skeletons with beams of light.

I'd love a demonstration.

PS: Cool story.

#19 steampunkknight

steampunkknight

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 17 August 2008 - 03:03 PM

i like the steampunk movement...
books - hg wells, jules verne
games - bioshock, final fantasy VI

and knights are badass. :P

#20 David Duffy

David Duffy

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 03:10 PM

My gamertag, DavidDuffyLive is probably the most uninspired name yet. It's just my name.

#21 Deaf Smith

Deaf Smith

Hatchling [Level 1]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:41 AM

My tag/username is a homage to Erastus 'Deaf' Smith, who was instrumental in Amercia and Sam Houston getting/winning Texas.

I was originally going to go with 'TwoNumbThumbs' as my GT, but apparently it was taken at the time, so I brainstormed and came up with 'Deaf Smith'...

#22 MasterWeegee

MasterWeegee

Hatchling [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:09 PM

Masterweegee is just the name from my youtube account and other forums.
Gammertag is CDcrown named after a band me and my friends thought up when we were kids. I still play guitat though. :lol:
But I don't have XBL at the moment. :cry:

#23 adman

adman

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:19 PM

My gamertag and username, originate from my name: Adam.. but I thought id pimp it.. so its adman and every now and then i change where i put the caps.

adman
Adman
AdMan
adMan
AdMaN

:lol:

#24 Jtinnyboi

Jtinnyboi

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:51 PM

My real name is Justin. My family always called me tin, but I didn't really consider it a nickname because I thought it was embarassing. My friends called me boy. That's when I came up with my gt. I've had other ideas for gt's, but It seemed original and I enjoyed it.

Oh yeah, and most don't pronounce it the way it's supposed to. :lol:
It's correctly pronounced as J-tin-E-boy or J-teeny-boy. I prefer the first.

Also, dan's last name > all other last names.

#25 SmellyCanadian

SmellyCanadian

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:10 PM

I thought, What's the most random word I could think of. And here we are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users