#1 Scaler193

Scaler193

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts
  • LocationWinner of 2013 TBFA User of the Year

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:16 PM

Ya thats the acutal title for all you wondering.

This is amazing though the classics are all comming back to Nintendo :D
Also this time there is no crocodiles :shock: So lets lay back wait for this game and be happy we have a wii all over again.

#2 Basilisco

Basilisco

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationNo soy de aqui

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:43 PM

Ya thats the acutal title for all you wondering.

This is amazing though the classics are all comming back to Nintendo :D
Also this time there is no crocodiles :shock: So lets lay back wait for this game and be happy we have a wii all over again.

They should add the 3 dkc originals, that would be super awesome, even if it means ome extra bucks.

Off topic:
Now that i think about it nintendo never sells any special edition with extra stuff, like almost every developer does nowadays

Nintendo :arrow:

#3 R34P3R

R34P3R

Elder Chicken [Level 3]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationIn your Back Yard Bush

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:25 PM

You might want to put this in your OP, but here is a video. It looks epic! :D

#4 Balobo

Balobo

Chicken Lover [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:38 AM

No, not buying unless they put Kremlings back in.

Plus, no Rare :(

#5 Basilisco

Basilisco

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationNo soy de aqui

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:33 AM

Old rare= 8-)
Microsoft's Rare: :x

#6 Babbity_Rabbity

Babbity_Rabbity

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 7,939 posts
  • LocationReaver's Rear Passage

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:39 AM

Old rare= 8-)

Woah there, New Rare did give us Nuts & Bolts. Not quite as good as the others, but still a pretty darn good game!

#7 Basilisco

Basilisco

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationNo soy de aqui

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:42 AM

Old rare= 8-)

Woah there, New Rare did give us Nuts & Bolts. Not quite as good as the others, but still a pretty darn good game!

I know, but their games have been decrasing(?), and the stuff they do isnt as impresive as befor (havent play N&B tho)

Also, old rare loved nintendo, wich made it x100 more awesome

#8 Ranger04X

Ranger04X

Elder Chicken [Level 3]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
  • LocationOne of bowsers 7 koopa hotels

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:53 PM

Being a huge fan of the Donkey Kong Country franchise (and doing a recent playthrough of all 3) I was super hyped to hear about this game. But after watching the trailer I think Ill pass, Rare not working on this will severely hurt the " Donkey Kong Country feel " in the first games. The visuals are way too happy-go-lucky, and the atmosphere of the past games felt dark and mysterious. The art direction in the background looked a lot more beautiful in 2D (or was it prerendered 3D? I know the character models were). Ill defiantly keep my eye on it, but I don't think it really has much in common with the other games other than the Title.

#9 mechazeep

mechazeep

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 10,422 posts
  • LocationIn a 90's music video

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:08 PM

Weh. Maybe. This will proably get shadowed by the mass of other new games coming out.

#10 Zugama

Zugama

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationSomewhere not-so over the rainbow

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:16 AM

OH YEAH! Coming out like next week! Sweet! Can't believe nobody has been really talking about it on the forums, as from new videos and such it looks TIGHT! :D

FIRING VIDEO CANNON! 100% POWER! GO!

TRAILERS:

GAMEPLAY:

The level design looks so awesome! I SOOOOOO can't wait to play this! :D

#11 Scaler193

Scaler193

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:21 AM

I forgot to keep metioning this game, forgot I made the topic to be clear...Sorry zug.

Anyway the thing im most curiouse about is if you can just pick up your friend (Diddy) and just walk them throught the level like you were basicly forced to do some point in mario bros wii.

#12 Basilisco

Basilisco

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationNo soy de aqui

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:22 AM

I can't get used to the new shiny graphics of DK

#13 Zugama

Zugama

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 4,818 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:27 AM

I forgot to keep metioning this game, forgot I made the topic to be clear...Sorry zug.

Anyway the thing im most curiouse about is if you can just pick up your friend (Diddy) and just walk them throught the level like you were basicly forced to do some point in mario bros wii.

I know that in single player, you can get Diddy, and he adds extra health to you, and you gain some special abilities. In co-op, people can also play as him, and I think that they can also still ride on your back too if they want. I am not sure if those special abilities and co-op only, but I don't think so.

For current reviews, this game got a 9.5 from Game Informer and won their Game of the Month.

#14 Scaler193

Scaler193

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:42 AM

I know that in single player, you can get Diddy, and he adds extra health to you, and you gain some special abilities. In co-op, people can also play as him, and I think that they can also still ride on your back too if they want. I am not sure if those special abilities and co-op only, but I don't think so.

For current reviews, this game got a 9.5 from Game Informer and won their Game of the Month.

On single player I know you can use the jet pack. Not sure about the guns.

#15 Zugama

Zugama

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 4,818 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:40 PM

On single player I know you can use the jet pack. Not sure about the guns.

Probably not, I think.

I can't get used to the new shiny graphics of DK

I must say these have to be just about some of the best graphics I ever seen in my life in a video game. From the looks of it, it also looks like the gameplay will be fun too. I can't wait! (Like I said million times. :lol: )

Okay, reviews are starting to come, and dang are they high! Most of the scores are ranging from 9-10! There are a few 8-9 coming in too. Sweet! :D

#16 akmk5252

akmk5252

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • LocationThe magical land of equestria

Posted 20 November 2010 - 06:15 PM

does anyone have it?

#17 Scaler193

Scaler193

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:42 PM

does anyone have it?

I have to wait until christmas, im waiting for Zugma to respond, I think he has it :P

#18 Under-Age Waffles

Under-Age Waffles

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 4,140 posts
  • LocationEn sus pantalones.

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:17 AM

#19 Zugama

Zugama

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 4,818 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:25 AM

does anyone have it?

I have to wait until christmas, im waiting for Zugma to respond, I think he has it :P

Oh, not yet. I ordered it off of Amazon, as the store here which sells american games doesn't get games till like one month after it is released. Sometimes it gets them right away, such as with Halo and NSMBW, but with like most other things, you gotta wait awhile. So Amazon is how I get most of my games. I am guessing I'll have DKCR in about 7 days or more.

Sounds excellent! :D

EDIT:

I HAVE IT NOW! :D

So far, it is pretty awesome! The levels feel really, really, fresh! As in, each level has like a different feel than the other. One my favorites was this one level in which tidal waves keep crashing onto the land, and if you are in their way, boom, instant death! Later in the level, there is this wrecked ship blocking the tidal waves, however there are open spots on it, so the waves can crash in that area too. I am at world 5 right now. It also has references to many things! From the dramatic gopher thing, classic donkey, and even Billy Mitchell! Has quite alot of them. Controls are pretty well too. There is shaking the controller, but once you get used to it, (I did in about the first or second level) everything runs smoothly. The co-op is also fun, but the game is much easier in single player. Why? Not because the second player gets in the way, (Not for me, anyways) but rather that in single player mode, Diddy adds two extra hits to Donkey Kong, which makes things easier to manage. In co-op, as you both only have two HP the whole time, it becomes harder, but not in a bad way. You also share the lifes(balloons) in co-op. Bosses, actually feel like bosses for once. They last much longer, which is good.

I will give more details once I finish the game. I love it so far, and it is one of the Wii's best platformer-type game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users