#1 mechazeep

mechazeep

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,422 posts
  • LocationIn a 90's music video

Posted 27 June 2010 - 05:32 PM

Lucid Dreams, or dreams, where you are aware that you are dreaming, always seemed interesting to me. I like sleep, I like dreaming, but I never had a Lucid Dream, and I don't think I can control when one will happen, so I guess all I can do is wait.
In the meantime, I've been eating pudding before bed, to make sure I dream about something weird. Then, atleast I know a slight chance I might havea Lucid dream.
Has anyone ever experienced one?

#2 Slusheee

Slusheee

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,794 posts
  • LocationBehemothtown

Posted 27 June 2010 - 08:14 PM

No, but they sound fun :lol:

#3 Bloob

Bloob

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 5,310 posts
  • LocationπŸ…Έ'πŸ…Ό πŸ…ΈπŸ…½ πŸ†ˆπŸ…ΎπŸ†„πŸ† πŸ…°πŸ†πŸ…΄πŸ…° (πŸ…Έ πŸ…ΊπŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†† πŸ†ƒπŸ…·πŸ…΄ πŸ…΅πŸ…ΈπŸ†πŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ πŸ†ƒπŸ…·πŸ†πŸ…΄πŸ…΄ πŸ…½πŸ†„πŸ…ΌπŸ…±πŸ…΄πŸ†πŸ†‚)

Posted 27 June 2010 - 11:20 PM

Lucid Dreams, or dreams, where you are aware that you are dreaming, always seemed interesting to me. I like sleep, I like dreaming, but I never had a Lucid Dream, and I don't think I can control when one will happen, so I guess all I can do is wait.
In the meantime, I've been eating pudding before bed, to make sure I dream about something weird. Then, atleast I know a slight chance I might havea Lucid dream.

I tend to have these around 3 or 4 AM.
Maybe a tad later than that.
They're very strange.
Pretty hard to describe though.

Anyway, it seems like you're much more likely to remember the dreams like this than other ones.

#4 Abyssmal Cookie

Abyssmal Cookie

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,930 posts
  • LocationEither at school, work, on steam, playing something, or sleeping.

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:44 AM

I've only had one lucid dream. Or maybe two, I'm not exactly sure.
It's quite interesting, especially since it's your own little reality. You can just make stuff disappear, appear, change, etc. It's pretty cool. :)

There's some mask thing you can buy online, to help you have a lucid dream.
I think it's called a novadreamer. It looks like this:
http://t3.gstatic.co...aming/NovaD.jpg
Basically, you wear it while you're sleeping, and it can sense when you're sleeping. Then it will send you some signals to help you realize you're dreaming.

I've wanted one for years. But it may be a few more years before I can actually get one. :P

#5 mechazeep

mechazeep

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 10,422 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:22 AM

I've only had one lucid dream. Or maybe two, I'm not exactly sure.
It's quite interesting, especially since it's your own little reality. You can just make stuff disappear, appear, change, etc. It's pretty cool. :)

There's some mask thing you can buy online, to help you have a lucid dream.
I think it's called a novadreamer. It looks like this:
http://t3.gstatic.co...aming/NovaD.jpg
Basically, you wear it while you're sleeping, and it can sense when you're sleeping. Then it will send you some signals to help you realize you're dreaming.

I've wanted one for years. But it may be a few more years before I can actually get one. :P

Yeah, I've always wanted to go through one myself. I'd invest in that, but that seems to ruin the rarity of it. I don't know, Im sure I'll have a lucid dream before Im 21

#6 SushiGummy

SushiGummy

SuperMod [NPC]

• Super Mod [NPC]
  • 4,231 posts
  • Locationmommy and daddy's house

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:09 AM

I never get lucid dreams. My dream-self is too much of a moron to notice that I'm sleeping.

I normally don't dream, but whenever I do it's either a really awesome dream or a cruddy nightmare.

#7 Powered by Chicken

Powered by Chicken

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:29 PM

i've had lucid dreams.

there is a whole training thing that you can do to increase the likely hood of lucid dreams. basically there are certain things that are very difficult to do in dreams, like reading text, or touching objects with your finger tips. dreams don't do well with that specific level of interaction. So what some people do (and i am personally not that dedicated) is do what is called "reality checks" all day long in real life. things like look at a clock. and think, "i am reading the time, this is not a dream". or reach out and touch trees, fence posts, etc as you are walking down the street and think each time "i can touch this, this is real". because when you dream you do things that you do in waking life habitually, you will eventually start to do these things in your dreams. then when you look at a clock in your dream and can't read it, you will think "OH! this must be a dream" and POW! you are in a lucid dream.

link

(i've also had sleep paralysis, which is basically the not-fun opposite of a lucid dream. where you are fully awake and conscious, but unable to move because your body is still asleep. scary)

#8 Rizyq

Rizyq

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:57 PM

I've also attempted lucid dreams, I think I was attempting a "V-Wild" or something.

Basically, falling asleep while your mind is still consciously thinking, and visualizing your dream world.

The only problem I have is whenever I try to do it, I have to consciously make myself breath, and that doesn't allow me to fully fall asleep.

The one time I did do it, it felt so weird that I woke up instantly (My limbs felt insanely heavy, and the sensation is really weird)

I also remember one time thinking one night "Am I asleep?" Then sometime later (I'm not really sure, I just remember having these two thoughts, not sure if they were close together or far apart, time wise) Then, later, I felt the sensation of being asleep with a waking mind and I thought "No, but now I'm asleep"

It was very... odd...

#9 mechazeep

mechazeep

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 10,422 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:43 PM

(i've also had sleep paralysis, which is basically the not-fun opposite of a lucid dream. where you are fully awake and conscious, but unable to move because your body is still asleep. scary)

That sound spooky.
I skimmed the article, I'll try to do these excersizes daily!

#10 Basilisco

Basilisco

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationNo soy de aqui

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:52 PM

I had a lucid nightmare once.
I killed myself to wake up
:|

#11 R34P3R

R34P3R

Elder Chicken [Level 3]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationIn your Back Yard Bush

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:05 PM

I had a lucid nightmare once.
I killed myself to wake up
:|

Those are freaky as hell. I used to have nightmares all the time as a kid, but now not so much. Of course when I do have a nightmare, it can either creep the hell out of me all night, or I will eventually realize that I'm sleeping and wake up. One time I just was in a nightmare and opened my eyes, thus it was gone.

#12 TheTPRI

TheTPRI

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationPsycho Ragdoll Inc.

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:20 PM

Yeah, I had one where I walked past a zombie.

#13 Da Milk Man

Da Milk Man

Moderator [mod level 2]

• Moderator [Mod level 2]
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationRound Rock, Texas, USA.

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:52 PM

I have lucid dreams pretty often. It's fantastic, being able to do as you please, and be able to do so without consequences that will affect you in the real world. However, as most of you know, I don't have a very vivid imagination, so I don't usually sleep as much as I should. Regardless of how simple it sounds, the sensation of flight is perhaps the best thing you could try.

#14 DesertThug

DesertThug

Elder Chicken [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:40 PM

Lucid dreams are cool. Astral projection is cooler.

#15 mechazeep

mechazeep

Ultra-Member !!!!!!!!

• Members
  • 10,422 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:14 AM

Lucid dreams are cool. Astral projection is cooler.

Yeah, but that requires alot more Drugs, head injureys and enlightenment!
I have no time for any of these things!

#16 Abyssmal Cookie

Abyssmal Cookie

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,930 posts
  • LocationEither at school, work, on steam, playing something, or sleeping.

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:38 AM

I want to have a lucid dream again...it'd be cool. Or any dream for that matter.
I haven't had, or at least don't remember, any dreams for the past week/month.

there is a whole training thing that you can do to increase the likely hood of lucid dreams. basically there are certain things that are very difficult to do in dreams, like reading text, or touching objects with your finger tips. dreams don't do well with that specific level of interaction. So what some people do (and i am personally not that dedicated) is do what is called "reality checks" all day long in real life. things like look at a clock. and think, "i am reading the time, this is not a dream". or reach out and touch trees, fence posts, etc as you are walking down the street and think each time "i can touch this, this is real". because when you dream you do things that you do in waking life habitually, you will eventually start to do these things in your dreams. then when you look at a clock in your dream and can't read it, you will think "OH! this must be a dream" and POW! you are in a lucid dream.

link

That's pretty weird. I could have sworn I was able to read stuff in my dreams..I guess not.
I might try these out sometime.

That sounds horrible.
Are you able to go back to sleep or do you have to wait it out?

#17 Roflcopter

Roflcopter

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 4,572 posts
  • LocationIn the reflection of the reflection coming off the mirror.

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:23 AM

I have a lot, but rather than make use of them, I just wake myself up. Kinda moronic I know.

For some strange reason, my lucid dreams are always in 3rd person.

#18 Rizyq

Rizyq

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:44 PM

The other day, I was dreaming, and I thought "I'm dreaming, let's see if I can read the clock to prove it"

I looked at the clock, and it said 6:30

I was like :|

"I know I'm dreaming..."
Then I woke up a minute later.

#19 SUICIDEANGEL42

SUICIDEANGEL42

Hatchling [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

Lucid dreams are when the mind is still in a state of being able to move the body, but not in a physical way (sometimes. When your brain dreams sometimes the brain will move the limbs and control the body without thinking that it is walking out of the house and continue to do a certain movement called sleep walking). When your mind dreams, it can somewhat relate of what your day has been or how every day goes. I had a dream that I was just going to school and doing my schoolwork. Then my dad woke up and scared the crap out of me. The way you get a lucid dream is either staying up really late then going to a deep sleep, or even if you are awake (that is what creates imagination and thoughts). Sometimes if you have a good day, your lucid dream will not be very weird but can be funny, but on bad days... You can have the crappiest depressing dreams ever.

#20 yugo657

yugo657

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,209 posts
  • LocationSomewhere behind you.

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

Necro-bump dude...

#21 Dropped Your Pocket

Dropped Your Pocket

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Moderator [Mod level 2]
  • 4,496 posts
  • LocationMinnesnowta

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:14 AM

BANHAMMER OF DOOM!!!

Seriously, though?  Almost a three year old thread, dude.

Locking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users