"Your Achievement Did Not Save Succesfully"

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_SlightlyAmiss_*

Guest_SlightlyAmiss_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:41 PM

Hello,

Before I go into the meat of this post, let me first rant a bit. I have had endless trouble with my Castle Crashers game for a while now. I purchased it on release day because I was certainly excited and had loved my copy of Alien Hominid. After a few weeks of playing, somehow my license for the game got messed up and I had to purchased another copy. I dunno if this was an Xbox Live issue but it's only happened with this game. So already I've spent $30 on this game.

Great.

After about a month of playing it after I got my new license, all of my character data was deleted. I was at a pretty high level having played it constantly since I purchased it on release day.

Fantastic.

I re-level, beat the game, keep playing, blah blah. Soon after, I lost all of my weapons and animals orbs (except the one I had equipped).

Awesome!

I vowed I would not play Castle Crashers again until it was fixed.

Fast forward to today. I play a patched Castle Crashers and pick up where I left off. I go re-gather all of the Animal Orbs. Yay! Except it keeps telling me that the achievement I'm supposed to be getting for it can't save. I click retry a ton. No luck.

Behemoth, WHAT GIVES!?

I dunno if this is an Xbox Live issue, but if it is and some of my previous problems were-- man, Xbox Live just has it in for this game.......

Thanks to anyone that can help me. I beg you. Please.

#2 R34P3R

R34P3R

Elder Chicken [Level 3]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationIn your Back Yard Bush

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:05 PM

Hm, that does suck. Wait a little bit, I'm sure some of the technical guys on are forums will show up sooner or later.

#3 Abyssmal Cookie

Abyssmal Cookie

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,930 posts
  • LocationEither at school, work, on steam, playing something, or sleeping.

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:21 PM

Huh. Have you ever done the 256 glitch?
I've heard that doing the glitch makes the achievements unobtainable.

If that's not it, I don't know what it could be.

#4 Guest_SlightlyAmiss_*

Guest_SlightlyAmiss_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:46 PM

Huh. Have you ever done the 256 glitch?
I've heard that doing the glitch makes the achievements unobtainable.

If that's not it, I don't know what it could be.

I'm not sure what the 256 glitch is.

I did a quick Google search and read that it has something to do with a 256 level or something? If that's true, I must say negative. I'm only at level 45 currently. :(

#5 Abyssmal Cookie

Abyssmal Cookie

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:23 AM

I'm not sure what the 256 glitch is.

I did a quick Google search and read that it has something to do with a 256 level or something? If that's true, I must say negative. I'm only at level 45 currently. :(

I'm surprised some people don't/didn't even know about it.
It basically gives you every weapon, animal orb, character, and most, if not all, are lv256. So they have insane amounts of health, strength, defense, agility, and mana.
The leader-boards are filled with them. If you ever play online games with people, chances are the first person you play with is, or was, a 256.

As for what happened to you, I'm guessing it's something to do with Xbox-live. You can try asking Microsoft about it.

#6 SushiGummy

SushiGummy

SuperMod [NPC]

• Super Mod [NPC]
  • 4,210 posts
  • Locationmommy and daddy's house

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:39 AM

Not being level 256 isn't something to cry about. There are tons of negative effects that come from the 256 glitch.

#7 Basilisco

Basilisco

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationNo soy de aqui

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:57 AM

Did you happen to log out xbxlive while recovering your gamertag?

#8 Guest_SlightlyAmiss_*

Guest_SlightlyAmiss_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:12 AM

Not being level 256 isn't something to cry about. There are tons of negative effects that come from the 256 glitch.

I'm crying because my Castle Crashers game seems to just completely not work. :?

Did you happen to log out xbxlive while recovering your gamertag?

I've never had the need to recover my tag.

As for what happened to you, I'm guessing it's something to do with Xbox-live. You can try asking Microsoft about it.

Barring any future post helping me out, does this mean no one knows anything? Have there been other reports of this happening?

I'm not privy to the ins and outs of XBL, so I couldn't say for certain if it is an issue with that, but I have only ran into major glitches like this with Castle Crashers. Also, from these other posts, people can glitch the game to get all this free stuff and what not. I dunno. :shock:

I might have to take a pass on BattleBlock Theater if Castle Crashers is any indication of how reliable the game might be. :|

#9 Abyssmal Cookie

Abyssmal Cookie

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:32 AM

I'm not privy to the ins and outs of XBL, so I couldn't say for certain if it is an issue with that, but I have only ran into major glitches like this with Castle Crashers. Also, from these other posts, people can glitch the game to get all this free stuff and what not. I dunno.
:shock:

I might have to take a pass on BattleBlock Theater if Castle Crashers is any indication of how reliable the game might be.
:|

Only online, and as far as I know, only the 256 glitch. Some jerks hacked Castle Crashers with hex editing or some crap like that, and apparently it's spreadable.
And there are other games that you can get errors with achievements, so I'd say it's not really Castle Crashers.

Do not pass on BBT. Seriously. Not many people have had issues with Castle Crashers like that, to my knowledge, but if I'm getting this right, it was only TB's second released game, that wasn't a remake or whatever. Obviously, practice makes perfect.
And BBT is a very original game, and those aren't that common these days.

Sorry this is happening to you, I don't know what's going on with it, but hopefully some other people do know.
Don't let this discourage you from future TB releases (like BBT), or even past releases; Alien Hominid is awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users