• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 The Forgotten Knight

The Forgotten Knight

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,796 posts
  • LocationMaking out with the Princess'. That's right all of them!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:20 AM

The Forgotten Knight's Guide to Preventing Data Loss

Data loss has been an issue of varying occurence since the game came out. I will explain here why it happens and what can be done about it.

Why does it happen?
Unlike most video games, Castle Crashers doesn't save your progress onto the game system hard drive. Instead your progress is linked to your profile. It is similar to global statistic rankings for things such as Kill/Death ratio in First Person Shooters. Data loss occurs when your data doesn't properly load when connecting your profile to online. It is not due to any update or DLC. There are no accounts of this happening to offline players.

How to prevent loss.
Always check your Character Statistics before playing. This is located in the main menu. If your characters aren't at the level they should be then you are either experiencing Data Loss or the Character Copy Glitch. Data Loss will make all of your characters Level 1 and the Copy Glitch will give your characters the stats and items of another person. Sometimes you will get an error message saying something is wrong before the main menu starts up, pay attention and don't ignore these.

What to do.
Under no circumstances should you go past the Character Selection Screen.
If you are at the Character Selection Screen shut off your game system immediatley.

None of these glitches or errors will save so long as you don't go past the character selection screen. The game auto saves the moment you enter the world map, which is the first place you are at after selecting your character. Hence, all of your correct data and progress will be overridden the moment you start playing the game.

The solution is to sign out and sign back in into your XBL or PSN account. If this doesn't work then try turning off your console and starting it up again. Whatever you do don't start playing the game until all of your data is in order otherwise you will be stuck with the incorrect stats. If all else fails try deleting the game and redownloading it.

DLC not showing up.
If you notice all of your characters are in order except your DLC is not showing then simply check to make sure your hard drive is properly plugged in or redownload them. Playing with other characters without DLCs loaded will not affect them in any way.

Edited by The Forgotten Knight, 12 July 2012 - 08:51 PM.

#2 Da Milk Man

Da Milk Man

Moderator [mod level 2]

• Moderator [Mod level 2]
  • 3,284 posts
  • LocationRound Rock, Texas, USA.

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:01 AM

Another good guide of sorts. I think we ought to sticky this.

I'm just glad this hasn't happened to me before. This should save people trouble, if they look here first.

#3 The Forgotten Knight

The Forgotten Knight

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,796 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

I'm just not sure if it should be in here or in the Technical Issues thread. I put it here because I figured it would do more good by being seen more.

#4 Zephyr

Zephyr

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts
  • Locationis unknown.

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:30 PM

I remember booting up Castle Crashers once and seeing all Level 1s... I was upset but decided not play, and I'm happy I did that, lol.
(This issue occured for me only once, during the PSN Outage.)

#5 Shnoggle

Shnoggle

Chicken Lover [Level 1]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:42 AM

If only this had been posted 3 days ago I could have been saved.

#6 T Diamond

T Diamond

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:27 AM

2 good guides in a row, congrats. This will save some people for sure

One thing though, I heard a rumor that after the most recent update on XBL, the copy glitch no longer works. I haven't really tried to see if that's true or not yet. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

#7 The Forgotten Knight

The Forgotten Knight

Elder Chicken [Level 5]

• Members
  • 2,796 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:15 AM

The Copy Glitch has indeed been patched. I mentioned it here for people who may have encountered it in the past.

#8 masternat

masternat

Hatchling [Level 1]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

Yeah,well,being not able to do a new thread,i'm posting here.I got the "DLC not showing up" 2 times.King and evil DLC (pets,weapons,characters...I don't remember the name correctly so yeah)
So yeah.I can give more information,but i'll wait,I don't know if im in the good thread,if i'm bumping an old one or something.
If I do (if i'm not in a good one) Then I guess that a mod could delete my post and redirect me to a good one or something.

#9 SushiGummy

SushiGummy

SuperMod [NPC]

• Super Mod [NPC]
  • 4,243 posts
  • Locationmommy and daddy's house

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

Yeah,well,being not able to do a new thread,i'm posting here.I got the "DLC not showing up" 2 times.King and evil DLC (pets,weapons,characters...I don't remember the name correctly so yeah)
So yeah.I can give more information,but i'll wait,I don't know if im in the good thread,if i'm bumping an old one or something.
If I do (if i'm not in a good one) Then I guess that a mod could delete my post and redirect me to a good one or something.

Here's the forum you're looking for:
http://forums.thebeh...chnical-issues/
There are a few DLC Issue threads in there. You can post either in one of those or in this thread:
http://forums.thebeh...astle-crashers/

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. :wink: I'm not sure if you can send private messages as a pre-approved member, but if not, you can always just quote me in a post and I'll be notified.

#10 disgaea_999

disgaea_999

Hatchling [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationIn The World Of Diablo

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:09 AM

That Didn't Work For Me. I Lost Everything... My Ps3 Died And When I Got A New One All My Castle Crasher Data Was Gone But My CoD K/D Was All Still There.

#11 Zephyr

Zephyr

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,049 posts
  • Locationis unknown.

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

That Didn't Work For Me. I Lost Everything... My Ps3 Died And When I Got A New One All My Castle Crasher Data Was Gone But My CoD K/D Was All Still There.

That's because Castle Crashers saves onto your CONSOLE (unlike CoD, which saves your profile info online).

#12 Shade

Shade

Hatchling [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Au

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:42 AM

I upped my game data to my Playstation Plus account and switched playstations.. seemed to work for me =/

#13 Zephyr

Zephyr

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,049 posts
  • Locationis unknown.

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

...Since you saved it to your ONLINE account. Not everyone has PS+.

#14 T Diamond

T Diamond

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:35 AM

...Since you saved it to your ONLINE account. Not everyone has PS+.

People need to listen to this man.
nuff said

#15 GhostOfKrueger

GhostOfKrueger

Hatchling [Level 1]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:37 AM

Ok but this doesnt explain why mydlc content is corrupt everytime i load the game and each time i gotta redownload it any suggestions? Thanks.

Ps im on xbox i have the newest 250 gb xbox so hardrive is noy removable
if u have xbl send me a message there gt is GhostOfKrueger if not reply here and ill check later on

#16 Pterodactyl

Pterodactyl

Hatchling [Level 2]

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:03 PM

I just got a new ps3 after my old one got stolen and I didn't get any of my previous character stats or anything back.

I guess its only on xbox or something?

#17 Zephyr

Zephyr

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,049 posts
  • Locationis unknown.

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:26 PM

I just got a new ps3 after my old one got stolen and I didn't get any of my previous character stats or anything back.

This is a guide for when the game doesn't boot up properly, not for when you're switching consoles.
Since you have no possession of your old PS3, there's no way to get your data back. You'll have to start all over.

EDIT: Only your Leaderboard stats remain, as they are saved on CC's online servers.
But, say you had 20 wins in Volleyball. If you go and play again, your win count will be 0. I can't explain why this is, though.

Edited by Zephyr, 14 June 2012 - 11:29 PM.

#18 T Diamond

T Diamond

Elder Chicken [Level 4]

• Members
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:28 PM

This is a guide for when the game doesn't boot up properly, not for when you're switching consoles.
Since you have no possession of your old PS3, there's no way to get your data back. You'll have to start all over.

EDIT: Only your Leaderboard stats remain, as they are saved on CC's online servers.
But, say you had 20 wins in Volleyball. If you go and play again, your win count will be 0. I can't explain why this is, though.

It's my understanding that Castle Crashers doesn't actually have servers. (Well I'm not entirely sure for PSN to be honest) Leaderboards are saved through Microsoft (and I'm guessing Sony) rather than through behemoth. That's why things are saved locally rather than through the internet. Everything you accomplish is on your hard drive, including your win streak. This is just my understanding though. I've never had Dan or anyone at Behemoth every confirm this.

#19 freydawg77

freydawg77

Eggie [Level 0]

• New Registrations
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

Ok. Here's my problem. It might fall into the aforementioned issues. I was a level 77 that had beaten the game. Now the white skull is still attached to that player but it is a level 16. Have no clue how it happened. I'm assuming this is the copy glitch.

#20 cndinsmore

cndinsmore

Eggie [Level 0]

• New Registrations
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

Ok so I have just lost all my data on the PC version and I really need help can someone please explain to me what to do I didn't sign in past the character selection screen.

#21 cndinsmore

cndinsmore

Eggie [Level 0]

• New Registrations
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

Ok so I had a level 35 and I had beaten the game but now all of my characters are gone on the steam version please help. I haven't gone past character selection yet either.

#22 lightsup55

lightsup55

Hatchling [Level 1]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

Good to know. I've had data loss happen to me before and doing this did help prevent it in the future.

#23 Rewsifer

Rewsifer

Hatchling [Level 1]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:10 AM

Good to know... I was always wondering If i can temporarily delete my Game Data to make some room on my hard drive without Dave-file loss.

#24 Abz2141

Abz2141

Chicken Lover [Level 3]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationThe Freezing Cold England

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

Too late to read this post hahahaaha would have come in handy for my friend I even told him to come off the game, but he continued and is now currently getting everything back lolol. Great guide by the way  :smile:

#25 Luciden

Luciden

Eggie [Level 0]

• New Registrations
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:14 AM

Just lost all my data, is it too much to ask developers to thoroughly test this stuff? I won't be investing any more time in your games thank you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Data Loss, Guide, The Forgotten Knight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users