Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mechazeep

Poker Night at the inventory

48 posts in this topic

My one fear in the back of my head:

Its a card game.

I mean, Tycho and Heavy are holding cards.

But how does strongbad hold cards with boxing gloves on?

But how does strongbad hold cards with boxing gloves on?

He's just that awesome.

Its a card game.

That's my fear too.

You wouldn't do that to us, TellTale Games!

... Would you? :cry:

*Crosses fingers*

RPG. RPG. RPG. RPG. PLEASE.

Its a card game.

That's my fear too.

You wouldn't do that to us, TellTale Games!

... Would you? :cry:

*Crosses fingers*

RPG. RPG. RPG. RPG. PLEASE.

I'd still get it if it was a card game. Think of the in game witty banter!

Though, an RPG would work with the characters and their dialogue and be an interesting game...

RPG RPG RPG

It would be so cool if Guybrush Threepwood was also there. And I wonder if there is an online mode that lets you play as one of the guys? That would be cool. Anyway, TF2 Items kinda sealed the deal for me, because I was thinking about getting this since I saw the teaser.

It would be so cool if Guybrush Threepwood was also there. And I wonder if there is an online mode that lets you play as one of the guys? That would be cool. Anyway, TF2 Items kinda sealed the deal for me, because I was thinking about getting this since I saw the teaser.

Its only singleplayer.

Here's the trailer. Oh and before you complain about the heavy's voice, it's the same voice actor, he's just not yelling and screaming like in TF2 (Plus the voice actor has gotten older [he was pretty old to begin with]).

Here's the trailer. Oh and before you complain about the heavy's voice, it's the same voice actor, he's just not yelling and screaming like in TF2 (Plus the voice actor has gotten older [he was pretty old to begin with]).

Kinda reminds me about how the voice actor for Sam had a cold near the beginning of Devil's Playhouse Episode 5.

Anyways, according to Telltale, 'The Inventory' is pretty much a club where video game characters hang out, so you can actually probably expect more games like this in the future.

Kinda reminds me about how the voice actor for Sam had a cold near the beginning of Devil's Playhouse Episode 5.

Really? I was wondering why he sounded so strange.

Just pre-purchased. Hope they make add-ons (with the Scout, Threepwood, Sam, Homestar, etc etc)

Just pre-purchased. Hope they make add-ons (with the Scout, Threepwood, Sam, Homestar, etc etc)

To be honest, I'm hoping they work on new Inventory games instead.

And goodness gracious, no Homestar. If it weren't for him and Marzipan, I'd actually watch the Homestar Runner flashes. Maybe Homsar, that would be crazy. Or Senor Cardgage.

BUT SERIOUSLY NOW GUYS, these are some of the characters I'd like to see in future games:

- Guybrush Threepwood, Mighty Pirate™

... Yeah, no, that's about it. Unless you want to count other characters from the Sam & Max, Homestar Runner, Penny Arcade, and Team Fortress universes, in which case I have dozens more. I already knew Penny Arcade and Telltale Games were somewhat affiliated. If Tycho wasn't in this game, I certainly would have guessed him (or Gabe) for future games.

Makes me wanna buy the Penny arcade games. Are they any good?

It's a lot like Paper Mario, only harder.

What if in the next Inventory game, they have Guybrush and/or Doc Brown. That would be sweet..... although I wonder if the Doc would fit the theme?

What if in the next Inventory game, they have Guybrush and/or Doc Brown. That would be sweet..... although I wonder if the Doc would fit the theme?

I kinda doubt it, Telltale describes "The Inventory" as a hangout for video game characters.

Then again, Tycho is from a comic and Strongbad is from a flash series, so I guess it's possible. I don't think it's very likely, though.

I just hope Telltale is able to throw in a bunch of super-surprising characters in future games. Like Professor Layton or something crazy like that.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0