• Announcements

• megan

New Registrations can now post threads with mod approval   02/08/2017

Just updated the permission settings so New Registrations can post threads in all forums that Members can -- but the first 3 posts/threads will still need to be approved by a Moderator before being upgraded to Member status. Member status = ability to post without going through Approval Queue, ability to change profile and edit signatures, ability to us the Private Messaging system.    As a reminder, this Approval Queue is put into place to prevent spammers from coming in and dropping harmful or offensive messages & links all over the place.    Please note that the moderators will do their best to approve as quickly as possible, but it may take a day or two during busy times. Multiple posts with the same information will be deleted and will not count towards the 3 posts, so please be patient and we'll get to your posts ASAP. Thanks!   Also, as a new member of our community, please feel free to introduce yourself to everyone in this thread:  Welcome to the Behemoth Forums! <3 
Powered by Chicken

BattleBlock Theater Music submissions!

47 posts in this topic

Attention all Behemoth enthusiasts/musicianists,

We’ve been talking a lot about Castle as we’ve been working to get the game released world wide for PSN. Behind the scenes (get it?) we’ve been simultaneously (and at the same time) continuing our work on BattleBlock Theater and we have a proposal for you. Over the years we’ve worked with a bunch of different musicians, from established composers to aspiring part time musicians. There were over a dozen composers who contributed to the music of Castle Crashers, many of whom we stumbled across on the Audio Portal on Newgrounds.com. To make a long story short, if you are a musical human you could potentially get involved with the magic of creation for our future games!

We are currently taking music submissions for BattleBlock Theater. If interested, please go to our exciting new Music Submissions page for details on submitting your work. Thanks and good luck on all your sonic endeavors!

:arrow: & ♫,

The Behemoth in D minor

If I knew how to make thems musics of sorts, I would hope that SC question did not effect my eligibility. :cry:

I'm pretty sure that question is all that really matters. All those other requirements are just there to throw people off.

And dang, I really wish I could write music! :cry: Music in videogames is a big deal to me, and I've actually learned quite a bit about it. Unfortunately, I'm no good at coming up with tunes.

Eh, I'll give it a try anyway.

I hope the newgrounds regulars, like Waterflame, Cycerin, and cornandbeans will have music in the games again. I mean, they added so much to the world of CC.

I also The Behemoth makes their own tunes again, some of the self made music was amazing.

I have a great friend of mine who does awesome musics.

I was pushing him to submit some of his pieces on newgrounds but we the site always tricked us out, I don't know how but he subbmited lotsa music and only one did got out, and none was stolen and such so they wasn't banned. Anyway finally some relief to submit some of his great themes. I hope I can drive his attention to this.

I feel like I just booked a gig opening for Led Zeppelin while I only have an empty water bottle and a bent spoon. I kinda hope I get considered, even if I have to write a completely new song for it.

EDIT: I didn't specify what I meant, haha. I entered, in case anyone else is wondering what the heck I was talking about.

im good at makin beats and songs that could match BBTs gameplay 8-)

the only thing is im too young :cry:

unless..... you could make an exception where i send u recorded beats and songs ;)

Hey, if I can make a suggestion:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/357697

This guy's NG name is Numi, and you may have already checked him out. This is my favorite song by him, so you should definitely consider his stuff, but since I can't use the submit form (because it isn't me, haha), this is the best way I have to let you guys hear him.

I think that it's a great idea having a collaboration of musicians contributing to this game. I have just applied myself, so good luck to everyone :D

I'd offer to slip someone a Benjamin to have a song included in the game, but since I'm poor (I can't afford to have my artist name OpenLight the same as my forum name ggamer2004 apparently), the most I could do is slip a Lincoln.

A copper Lincoln.

And it'd take me a while to find one on the sidewalk before I could actually slip it.

-segue- You should also check out RetromanOMG on the Newgrounds Audio Portal, if you guys take suggestions. His stuff is amazing, and he's a long time friend of mine. He was recently up on the top 5 for his song "Bitpop." Sorry if we can't make recommendations, but he should be considered as well.

Hey ! Im Kevin a Hobby Film / game Composer who tries to be professional xD

i just did this little simple piece -Creepy Theather . This is my first upload ever , i made it for The Behemoth Music Submission for their upcomming game Battleblock theater i think it fits quite well in the game and fits the artstyle of the game i hope you like it. critism / tips are welcome

Music : Copyright 2011 KevinBenjaminclassic

pictures: The Behemoth

Sorry for the multiple posts, but have the final decisions been made on the music yet?

If not, I'm still making music vigorously that I think may fit with the game (some of which I post in the Newgrounds thread under the name OpenLight) and I'll keep doing that, but if the songs have been chosen, I can relax a bit haha.

Sorry for the multiple posts, but have the final decisions been made on the music yet?
nope

If not, I'm still making music vigorously that I think may fit with the game (some of which I post in the Newgrounds thread under the name OpenLight) and I'll keep doing that, but if the songs have been chosen, I can relax a bit haha.

remember to submit your music to use the music submission page linked to in the OP. :)

remember to submit your music to use the music submission page linked to in the OP. :)

Thanks! I had submitted my music before, but it's been a looong time so I just sent in my newer stuff.

So is this thread going to be locked when they are done taking submissions? Because I sent mine in today, hoping it's not to late and a lock on this will help other late people like me know if they are still taking them or not.

So is this thread going to be locked when they are done taking submissions? Because I sent mine in today, hoping it's not to late and a lock on this will help other late people like me know if they are still taking them or not.

I'd assume so. I'm still submitting songs to the Newgrounds thread haha. Good luck getting in! Be sure to let me know if you do so I can listen for your song when I get BBT.