Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Christian Schade

PSN Parental Controls issue - can't play online multiplayer

8 posts in this topic

Hi - I purchased CC for my kid who is 9 and we are really enjoying this great beginner RPG. In order to be a nice behaved PSN user I created him a profile on the PSN, but now we can't play online multiplayer - apparently due to parental controls. I am his parent and I decide that this mild cartoon violence is quite okay for him to experience, but even when I disable all parental restrictions on his account, we still can't play online.

We could of course just create a new account where we lie about his age or use Daddys account, but the whole point of an RPG is to build up your own character, also online, and to be able to use that character as well.

When someone plays a character up to level 47 in a RPG like this, this really amount to some kind of investment of social capital in the developers platform, shouldn't that count for something?

Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?

There could be one of many issues here:

1: Castle Crashers PSN doesn't let you play with multiple PSN IDs logged in. In other words, you won't be able to play Castle Crashers under your account at the same time as your son under his account.

2: People have been experiencing trouble with online play, it could just be the connection.

3: This might be an actual issue with Sony, not Castle Crashers.

It could also very well be an issue with Castle Crashers. Did you get any error messages specifically telling you it was a Parental Control issue?

Moving to Technical Issues.

Have you checked if CC is juts Mild Cartoon Violence? It could be that. My guess is to check that and see if that is the issue.

EDIT:

Cartoon Violence

Blood and Gore (In my opinion it's not that bad. Also I think you can turn it off.)

Crude Humor (Not too much of it.)

Try to maybe turn off gore in settings. That only means heads won't roll ocassionaly with blood spurts. Maybe that would work. if not just make a new one to use. The parent level is only 5 and Little Big Planet was a 5 so it may just be a problem with PSN. Also if your son's desperate try uninstalling it from your hard-dive and re-installing it.

Hi there!

this is most definitely related to the parental control restrictions you have set. There are a couple of places these are set, but i believe you can adjust them from the Master Account by pressing "X" on the account management option and choosing Sub Account Management.

hope that helps!

:arrow:

kelly

Hi Kelly, thanks for the effort, but the only settings that can be changed there are chat and daily spending limit, so no luck. It seems you must be over 18 to play multiplayer or lie about you age. Drats.

Hi Kelly, thanks for the effort, but the only settings that can be changed there are chat and daily spending limit, so no luck. It seems you must be over 18 to play multiplayer or lie about you age. Drats.

My QA team assures me that you can adjust your parental control settings to allow him to play with his profile. I'll try to find a link to the info you need. :)

it may be under settings: parental control?