• Announcements

• megan

New Registrations can now post threads with mod approval   02/08/2017

Just updated the permission settings so New Registrations can post threads in all forums that Members can -- but the first 3 posts/threads will still need to be approved by a Moderator before being upgraded to Member status. Member status = ability to post without going through Approval Queue, ability to change profile and edit signatures, ability to us the Private Messaging system.    As a reminder, this Approval Queue is put into place to prevent spammers from coming in and dropping harmful or offensive messages & links all over the place.    Please note that the moderators will do their best to approve as quickly as possible, but it may take a day or two during busy times. Multiple posts with the same information will be deleted and will not count towards the 3 posts, so please be patient and we'll get to your posts ASAP. Thanks!   Also, as a new member of our community, please feel free to introduce yourself to everyone in this thread:  Welcome to the Behemoth Forums! <3 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roy-G-Biv

Final Fantasy XIII-2 (announced for the west)

11 posts in this topic

You'd didn't like Snow, Sahz or Hope?

I love FFXIII

I did like them.

But Saban could suplex a phantom train for christ sakes.

That made me lol for years to come.

I played a couple hours of FFXIII

I have to say I wasn't impressed. Almost every FF title since FFX has been a disappointment for me

So I guess I won't be looking into FFXIII-2

Although FFXIII Versus looks interesting. Probably the only one of the Fabula Nova Crystallis games I'll actually play fully. Shame, really

Surely they cant keep this subseries going on much longer though, right?

I have to say I wasn't impressed. Almost every FF title since FFX has been a disappointment for me

Although FFXIII Versus looks interesting. Probably the only one of the Fabula Nova Crystallis games I'll actually play fully. Shame, really

What didn't you like about it? I picked it up first and was so dissapointed. But a friend told me it took some time to really get into it, and the best part of the game was the free roam. I picked it back up and after playing further than I did last time, I was wholly impressed! I love it :). But I know it's not for everyone.

What didn't you like about it? I picked it up first and was so dissapointed. But a friend told me it took some time to really get into it, and the best part of the game was the free roam. I picked it back up and after playing further than I did last time, I was wholly impressed! I love it :). But I know it's not for everyone.
Well, I can't really say this without sounding like most other critics who weren't much for the game...

I just didn't like it. For one, it was too generic. We've seen these same character personalities time and time again. The linear halls just annoyed me, too. I really love re-playing through the old FF games every now and again, and its always pretty aweosme when I find something I didn't know was there before. In the first couple hours I played, there was none of that. I'd prefer a game of an RPG franchise like FF to drop me in at the deep-end, with one city area to start from.

I could never really get into the story, either...half because its gotten to the point where the characters are just unbelievable with next-to-no character development, and half because the game is just completely un-involving. Most of the time is spent walking down linear corridors and the rest of the time is spent clicking the 'auto-attack' button during combat.

I felt like I wasn't even important to the game, and I should have left it to its own devices since all I was doing was moving from point A to point B, and auto-killing everything standing in the way.

I do realise that the combat system becomes more advanced later on, with the addition of options that allow you to change your party member's tactics and what-not, but I really don't think I could get that far.

I also realise not all lthe enemies in-game could be killed by simply selecting auto-attack too...but, again, I simply didn't want to play through any more of the game after more than a couple hours.

As a Final Fantasy game, I knew it would have picked up sometime later in the game. But I just didn't have enough time to be wasting, simply running down corridors, to get there.

With that rant over. I do realise there is a lot to Final Fantasy games, but I only play them fully if they draw me in within the first few hours. FFXIII didn't really accomplish this, but I do understand that it gets better the more you play it

Here's hoping that FFXIII 2 will be more fun, anyway :)

The character design seems perverted to me in FFXXIII. I have a feeling I'm the only one who thinks this.

Final Fantasy XIII was a pretty awesome game, but if the sequel turns out to be like X-2, I'll be disappointed. Sazh was my favorite character from XIII, so I hope he plays a big role in XIII-2. I'm happy about all these announcements, but come on Square, you know you want to remake Final Fantasy VI, especially with the 3DS coming out. A Final Fantasy VI remake for the 3DS and I'm sold. :P

Final Fantasy XIII was a pretty awesome game, but if the sequel turns out to be like X-2, I'll be disappointed. Sazh was my favorite character from XIII, so I hope he plays a big role in XIII-2. I'm happy about all these announcements, but come on Square, you know you want to remake Final Fantasy VI, especially with the 3DS coming out. A Final Fantasy VI remake for the 3DS and I'm sold. :P

Wow.

I thought I was the only FF Fan that thought that VII wasn't the best game.

VI forever!

The character design seems perverted to me in FFXXIII. I have a feeling I'm the only one who thinks this.

How so?

Is it because Vanille has a short skirt and looks young?

And because she has her

L'cie tattoo branded on her upper thigh as apposed to a more respectable place?

Don't get me wrong, I love Final Fantasy VII, it's one of my favorites in the series, along with IX and IV, but compared to VI, it doesn't stand a chance. Anyways, on subject of XIII-2, I hear they released a trailer. I haven't checked it out yet, but I plan on it. What do you guys think of the trailer?

Don't get me wrong, I love Final Fantasy VII, it's one of my favorites in the series, along with IX and IV, but compared to VI, it doesn't stand a chance.
Same here, I like VII, but its not my favourite
Anyways, on subject of XIII-2, I hear they released a trailer. I haven't checked it out yet, but I plan on it. What do you guys think of the trailer?
I like the trailer. Its very pretty :lol:

Then again, I liked the trailer for FFXIII too, but the game itself never drew me in