• Announcements

• megan

RTX 2017 - Booth 401   06/02/2017

We’re headed back to Austin, Texas for our 5th time exhibiting at Rooster Teeth Expo (RTX)! You’ll be able to find us at RTX 2017 Booth 401 (next to our friends, Supergiant Games) from July 7 to July 9 and we’re going to have lots of new stuff this year.   See our Blog Post for all the details, including the new merch we're bringing with us! 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Forest Trooper

A Castle Crasher's Guide to: Levelling!

19 posts in this topic

So, how does one get his/her character all the way up to level 99 in a solo game from a measly level 1? Well, the answer revolves around Giraffe's, Grinding and a hell of a'lotta' determination. Lets get started!

It should be noted that the best way to achieve any of this is with the least strength/magic as possible. This way, you have more chances to hit your opponent before he falls down. Note that experience is based on the amount of HITS you pull off, rather than the amount of damage you deal. It is recommended that Defence is the only skill you level up if your wanting to get all the way to level 99 - as you'll surely need it when levelling on your own.

1-30

Well, you'll find that from level 1-30 on single player, the best thing to do is actually complete the game. Pick up your Giraffey Orb for that extra 10% XP, and any character you complete the game with should be close enough to a third of the way to 90 already. Dont be afraid to buy losta' potions, but you should find the game easy enough. Should you have not yet picked up the Giraffey Orb, this item can be uncovered when digging in the Desert level, not long before you reach the Mini-UFO bosses.

Its recommended that you use level 1 weaponary until your around level 20 - Or, at least, any weaponary that does NOT provide a strength bonus. This may seem like a bad idea, but it shouldn't affect the level of difficulty so long as you grab a weapon with defence or agility. It is recommended that as soon as you reach level 20, you instantly grab your Evil Blade, should you have already slain the Necromancer boss before this level or on a seperate character. This weapon will provide a +7 Defence buff, making this weapon arguably the most useful levelling weapon in the history of mankind.

31-60

Its not recommended that you even try Insane mode on your own at this point, as you would require a party over XBLA to level with ease in this area. Instead, I would recommend going back into the Wizard Castle Interior, all the way in to the Painter Boss. Should you be playing a decent Mage character, you should hit the Boss down to 50% health - and no further. At this point, he will spam you with 3 paintings at a time, making for easy levelling with RT + Y spells. Do NOT use a magical weapon at this point, as the same rules apply - The more hits you can deal, the more XP you'll gain.

If you ARENT a decent mage, and have Ice magic, or maybe the Whirlwind spells, maybe you wish to consider crowd surfing. Go back to the Snow world, or any level with a large amount of featherweight opponents to juggle around, and surf to your hearts content. The best way to do this is to merely jump into your foe (Preferably a group) and spam X into them. When you lose height, press Y a couple of times. This may or may not ram them into the ground, but if you carry the group into the edge of the screen, its easy enough to keep them aloft. Try using an Agility weapon at this point, such as the Sai, for more ease when dodging snowballs and the likes.

61-80

Now that your stats are decent, you should drop yourself right into Insane Mode. The opponents here will grant you some highly rewarding XP, although, you may struggle a little if you are ill experienced with Insane Mode. The Troll Mother tends to be the best Insane boss to level on. Try not to hit the boss - Instead, juggle her minions around. Theres plenty of them to go around, and on Insane Mode, their health is... Insane! The Evil Blade is recommended for levelling whilst on this difficulty level, and potions are a must!

However, if you wish to level in a not-so-lifethreatening way, consider even more normal painter boss levelling, juggling, or just playing the game normally until you reach level 80.

81-99

The final stretch! For these high levels, you'll notice that your stats will be full. Dont be put off - you still gain stats for levelling up at this stage. It is important to be on Insane Mode during these levels for maximum XP, and the same rules apply. Should you not be CHEATING with boomerangs and other Australian tools of cheating, such as Cricket Bats, you should head into the Painter Boss (Insane), the Troll Mother (Insane), or even the likes of the Corn Boss and the Barbarian Boss if you feel like a change.

RT+Y tends to do you proud in any of these situations, and you should now be well on your way to level 99. As you can see, levelling tends to be the same throughout the game. The Painter Boss is a dull grind, juggling them is a tiring grind, and the Troll Mother is a fatal and often annoying grind. However - its worth it, to be able to rub your REAL stats into the faces of level 256's. Make the most of is, Castle Crashers!

If you have a decent crew then there's no problem playing insane mode between levels 31-60.

Also you don't mention anywhere that the fastest way to level up is to put nothing in strength.

If you have a decent crew then there's no problem playing insane mode between levels 31-60.

Also you don't mention anywhere that the fastest way to level up is to put nothing in strength.

*Clicks edit button. xD

Yar, I forgot about that bit. But really, Im just writing about my personal levelling experience, Im not tackling levelling with other's.

he also forgot to point out to use a sword with no or little strength.

Thats kinda' a given isnt it? Do I really have to point out every little detail? This thread's merely a guide for new player's to level without the need for XBLA or PSN, it isnt meant to be the most accurate pro insane levelling guide in the history of man. :?

Thats kinda' a given isnt it? Do I really have to point out every little detail? This thread's merely a guide for new player's to level without the need for XBLA or PSN, it isnt meant to be the most accurate pro insane levelling guide in the history of man. :?

Its not a guide unless you tell them all the details.

It doesnt say you need to not level your strength, it says you need the least strength as possibe. Thus it has all of the details, does it not?

It doesnt say you need to not level your strength, it says you need the least strength as possibe. Thus it has all of the details, does it not?

You should try to be as specific as possible in a guide.

^^^^ yes well pointed out....if you are gonna do a guide then it would help if you include ALL the details,it's more helpful that way.

^^^^ yes well pointed out....if you are gonna do a guide then it would help if you include ALL the details,it's more helpful that way.

Ima gunna look at other guide's for abit of inspiration, and return to review these guide's and improve them over a lengthy amount of time. They'll be all colourful an' specific an' such. :arrow:

If you want your guides stand out from the others I would just make them full video tutorials. I would rather just watch a quick video than read through a wall of text, but that's just me.

If you want your guides stand out from the others I would just make them full video tutorials. I would rather just watch a quick video than read through a wall of text, but that's just me.

I would if I was any good at making video's, or had the software. :|

Sorry dude but not the best guide. Heres how you do it. Yes finish the game and by then if you put nothing on strength and use a not strength weapon you should be level 30 or higher. Then go straight to insane. I know you think im crazy but you can beat it up to the troll boss. All you have to do is juggle the trolls until you get there. For me i dont have that much time on my hands but its the best way. And yes always the giraffe. But i like useing the bomerang its easyer. Besides who has the time to get everyone to 99 legity. I beat everyone on insane and there not 99. 99 is not truely needed the difference between 78 and 99 is not much so make 78 your goal.

Use the enter key to refrain people from having migraines.

Also, check some of your spelling if you want this post to be the "better" guide. Just saying.

Come on guys, just because he doesn't give quite as much information as you'd like him to doesn't mean his guide sucks. It's pretty much impossible to "provide all details", because you can always explain things in greater detail. ;)

I thought he did a good job. It wasn't intended to be a comprehensive leveling resource, but just a general overview of how to level in Castle Crashers. I know I learned several things from reading it, and it wasn't so long that I got bored.

Sorry dude but not the best guide. Heres how you do it. Yes finish the game and by then if you put nothing on strength and use a not strength weapon you should be level 30 or higher. Then go straight to insane. I know you think im crazy but you can beat it up to the troll boss. All you have to do is juggle the trolls until you get there. For me i dont have that much time on my hands but its the best way. And yes always the giraffe. But i like useing the bomerang its easyer. Besides who has the time to get everyone to 99 legity. I beat everyone on insane and there not 99. 99 is not truely needed the difference between 78 and 99 is not much so make 78 your goal.
Sorry dude, but not the best guide. :?

...*facepalm* :roll:

Madbest is actually right. If you have the skills you should jump right into insane to start leveling up, and getting as far as possible.

If you want to lvl up fast this is how i do it:-

lvl 1 knight (any) 1st chance you get go to frog pick up girrafy,ditch the default sword if it has strength in favor of one without.

Put points on all the other stats but NOT on strength.

Play solo,you lvl up slower in mp,and if you solo normal mode without dying or repeating any lvls you should be around mid lvl 30's when you finish.

If you carry on to insane using ALL THE ABOVE ingredients (no strength,solo,girrafy,no dying or repeating lvl's) you'll be around mid lvl 90's by the time you reach the Dock.

Personally,before i board the ship at the dock i add all the strength points, change the orb and go for high strength sword and i find i'm around lvl 99 by the time i start the Marsh.

Their is a downside to the above tho,the battles are much longer and you're not lvl'ing after the Marsh which means potential extra potion is gone.

Dude, you dont use the boomerang cheat! Thats just... Cheating! Who buy's this game just to do that anyway? It defeats the object of having achieved anything whatsoever, does it not? :?

Since i already know i can why do it legitly 28 times.

Hmm... Well, I suppose it can be a drag given the amount of characters there are on the game. Having to level them all would be a nightmare, Im sure.

Ah well, as long as there's no level 256's involved, Im not really bothered. ;)