• Announcements

• emil

Pit People Steam Beta   09/27/2016

We’ve just started sending out Pit People Steam Beta Invites! If you haven’t signed up for the closed beta, you can still register by October 3rd. Beta Keys will be sent out on September 28th!
emil

Forum Updates

89 posts in this topic

Kelly told me to just make a forum update post rather than making individual posts all the time and since that was a good idea here we go! Every time I add something, change something, break something I'll post it here.

Spoiler

Click on the "spoiler" button when you're making a post,

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Now just place what you want to be hidden between the two tags and there you go, it will look like this.....

Dan is scared of clowns.

Signature

Exactly the same as the spoiler feature above except I changed the text to read "Extended Signature" for those of you who were using this feature to hide your large signature files.

Same usage as above just click on the "signature" tag when editing your sig

[signature]OMG I HAVE A HUGE SIG FOR SOME REASON[/signature]

Please remember if you have a signature that isn't too large there really isn't a need to hide it using this tag. Use your best judgment.

Youtube Videos

Click on the "youtube" button when making a post.

[youtube][/youtube]

All you need to do at this point is go to the video you want to post and grab the Youtube Video ID, which is located on the URL.

So for example if this was the youtube link,

The ID would be Pp1E_5jIoMg

Greetings Again!

I've added a "spoiler" feature for your posts. It's super simple to use all you do is click on the "spoiler" button when you're making a post,

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Now just place what you want to be hidden between the two tags and there you go, it will look like this.....

Dan is scared of clowns.

At the end of the game...

I like that option man. :o I've never really seen that one on a forum before.

Have you read the thread about user ranks? I'm curious on what your ideas are on that matter. Or if you have no plans to add them in.

Sweet.

... Oh, what's this? I didn't actually do it in my post.

By the way, I suggest people with HUGE signatures put their signature into a Spoiler segment. This keeps the size down and doesn't spam people with pictures unless they're interested in you. ;)

(Take mine, for example)

Sweet.

Putting it in your Sig is a great idea for those people who like having huge pictures to display, like me and my C&H comics I love showcasing around :D

Thinking about it though, quick question for Emil.

Emil, think it's possible to add into the [spoil] a kind of header? like [spoil=Put a header here] so it can describe what would be spoiled? Or am I asking for too much?

Emil, think it's possible to add into the [spoil] a kind of header? like [spoil=Put a header here] so it can describe what would be spoiled? Or am I asking for too much?

That would be delicious.

That's a pretty good idea if it can be done.

Sweet.

By the way, I suggest people with HUGE signatures put their signature into a Spoiler segment. This keeps the size down and doesn't spam people with pictures unless they're interested in you. ;)

(Take mine, for example)

Nice idea, I think I'll do that for now. :D

Wow this looks....like something I will overuse.....I want to test it....

I'm a vegetarian, which is why I think my avatar suits me very well...

Great job on this addition Emil!

-Olvi

-edit

To Khronik....

I've had this icon since I joined this forum....so it's the other way around....

This is a very clever addition to the forums, however what could of stopped us just doing the following? Oh well, this is still very cool.

SPOILER (Select all to View)

The Orange Princess.....THAT CAKE IS A LIE!

This is a very clever addition to the forums, however what could of stopped us just doing the following? Oh well, this is still very cool.

The spoiler option forces a person to click something to read it instead of highlighting. It's more efficient, and the chances of getting the wrong color or the background color changing won't effect the spoiler option.

Plus, the said option is kind of fun. Makes the forums look a little more unique :D

The spoiler option forces a person to click something to read it instead of highlighting. It's more efficient, and the chances of getting the wrong color or the background color changing won't effect the spoiler option.

Plus, the said option is kind of fun. Makes the forums look a little more unique :D

Not to mention you can see it in the quote box... ^

This isn't a bad idea at all, but am I the only one who's getting vibes that it'll be over used left and right? Maybe it's just me, but I think people will be posting in them all the time, in every forum, spoilers or no spoilers.

This isn't a bad idea at all, but am I the only one who's getting vibes that it'll be over used left and right? Maybe it's just me, but I think people will be posting in them all the time, in every forum, spoilers or no spoilers.

Nah, people are just having fun right now. It will wear off.

I feel like a post junkie when I post in all the announcements but I really want to say thanks for all the hard work. I know it takes a lot of time and effort to put these forums together and add these amazing features, and I don't want your work to go un-thanked. So thank you :)