ThePieGuy

What game are you playing ATM?

1,157 posts in this topic

Radiant Historia does look good, but I'd say for any rpg-ist, Dragon quest...theres been a huge wait between me and playing them, but its a good series, very sad too :(:P good story, and just... a crazy game, i love the series, i only have three of the games but they're good

Yeah, the Dragon Quest series is really good, but I was fairly disappointed with Dragon Quest IX. It was a good game, but nothing too special. Dragon Quest VIII was one of my favorite games on the PS2 though. It probably my second favorite, behind Dragon Warrior III, and in front of Dragon Warrior IV. Ah great, now I have Overture stuck in my head... Anyways, for those of you haven't played Radiant Historia, you're definitely missing out. When my friend let me borrow it, the first thing I thought was how strange the cover looked, but when I played it, I was just expecting a pretty generic RPG game. Something fun to kill some time, but nothing to memorable. How wrong I was. It's probably my favorite game of the year so far, but I'll have to wait for Uncharted 3 to see who will be the victor. Radiant Historia has a very good story too, and the battle system is very reminiscent of Final Fantasy X, although it's far more refined, and not nearly as breakable. One of my favorite things about the battle system is there is a little bit of grid based combat, and if you manage to get a bunch of enemies on the same tile, you can attack them all at once. There's also tons of others things based on turn order, like having characters perform combos together, and one character can place traps on tiles, so if you can manage to push an enemy onto the tile, you can deal a ton of damage. It's just a neat little feature that I personally found to be very interesting.

Yeah, the Dragon Quest series is really good, but I was fairly disappointed with Dragon Quest IX. It was a good game, but nothing too special. Dragon Quest VIII was one of my favorite games on the PS2 though. It probably my second favorite, behind Dragon Warrior III, and in front of Dragon Warrior IV. Ah great, now I have Overture stuck in my head... Anyways, for those of you haven't played Radiant Historia, you're definitely missing out. When my friend let me borrow it, the first thing I thought was how strange the cover looked, but when I played it, I was just expecting a pretty generic RPG game. Something fun to kill some time, but nothing to memorable. How wrong I was. It's probably my favorite game of the year so far, but I'll have to wait for Uncharted 3 to see who will be the victor. Radiant Historia has a very good story too, and the battle system is very reminiscent of Final Fantasy X, although it's far more refined, and not nearly as breakable. One of my favorite things about the battle system is there is a little bit of grid based combat, and if you manage to get a bunch of enemies on the same tile, you can attack them all at once. There's also tons of others things based on turn order, like having characters perform combos together, and one character can place traps on tiles, so if you can manage to push an enemy onto the tile, you can deal a ton of damage. It's just a neat little feature that I personally found to be very interesting.
DragonQuest VIII was one hell of a game :D

I loved it. Its definitely still one of my favourite PS2 games to-date

Also, Radiant Historia sounds like its worth checking out. When I first saw gameplay it just looked like another generic DS RPG that would last a little while and that would be it, but people have told me otherwise before, so I'll have to see if I can pick it up sometime and play through it. From what I've heard/seen its definitely worth playing

I loved dragon quest v, mostly cause of the monster teammate thing, i seriously go around trying to get new, and cool monsters :P

I loved dragon quest v, mostly cause of the monster teammate thing, i seriously go around trying to get new, and cool monsters :P

Dragon Quest V was pretty cool, and the monsters were a nice addition, I just never really liked the monster in your party thing in RPGs, because most of the time, the majority of monsters are useless, and they don't even have really any importance to the plot, compared to other playable characters. I mean, I don't hate the system, it's just always bothered me. Also, whenever I think of Dragon Quest VIII, the firrst thing that comes to mind is...

Also, whenever I think of Dragon Quest VIII, the firrst thing that comes to mind is...
I actually still remember my initial reaction to that

Hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing for like 5 miutes :lol:

Just cam from playing the Sly Cooper Collection, Sly 2 to be exact. I want to play them in order, unlike I did in the past. They also have some pretty easy trophies, I got a platinum trophy for Sly 1. First I've got this whole time I've been on PSN. :D

I did everything in Ratchet & Clank ACIT to get a platinum trophy, but the trophy system in that screwed up and didn't give me one. :roll: I still like R&C though.

Just cam from playing the Sly Cooper Collection, Sly 2 to be exact. I want to play them in order, unlike I did in the past. They also have some pretty easy trophies, I got a platinum trophy for Sly 1. First I've got this whole time I've been on PSN. :D

I did everything in Ratchet & Clank ACIT to get a platinum trophy, but the trophy system in that screwed up and didn't give me one. :roll: I still like R&C though.

I love the sly collection, but i only have it for ps2, i didnt buy the re-do for the ps3 :P still great game, ive never really gotten into R&C, but the games are fun

In Kirby's Air Ride's City Trial, listening to smooth jazz influenced electronica, chill as love as the storm raged outside.

Forgettable games from the mid 2000's FTW

Also, whenever I think of Dragon Quest VIII, the firrst thing that comes to mind is...
I actually still remember my initial reaction to that

Hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing for like 5 miutes :lol:

Yeah, I had a similar reaction. :lol: The Dragon Quest series is one of the series that doesn't really need to be different. Besides graphical upgrades, the series has kept it's roots in tact all the way through, and that's one of the things I love about it. Considering Dragon Warrior III (the original on the NES) was one of the first games I ever played, and the first RPG I ever played, it's extremely nostalgic to me. Listening to the battle theme or Overture in it's original 8-bit form just brings me way back. The Dragon Warrior III cartridge is the only NES cartridge I still own. I wish I still had my NES to plug it back in and play it once more. Well, at least I still have my PS2. I'll plug it in right now and play Dragon Quest VIII, and Katamari Damacy, since it's been a while since I last played. :)

Playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution. It has surpassed my standards. I have only put about 16 hours in it, so I don't really know what to compare it to the original wit-

Wait, 16 hours? And I STILL don't know how it stack it up against the first? Yes, this game has so much inside, it is a completely separate world from the one you are in right now. Deus Ex is probably my favorite game of all time, and Human Revolution is certainly made in its image.

I've only played Invisible War. If I wasn't buying a new xbox this month I would already have Human Revolution right now.

As of right now I'm play CASTLE CRASHERS since they've gotten rid of all the 256s.

I've only played Invisible War. If I wasn't buying a new xbox this month I would already have Human Revolution right now.

When you have the opportunity, it'd be a great game to have in your library. Compared to Invisible War, I believe it has improved a great deal in explorability, depth of immersion, and general combat.

DragonBall_Z_Budokai_Tenkaichi_3_logo.jpg

I've been replaying this, because it was possibly the last game I played as a 'kid' and I wanted to play something like that before moving out

I know it was only about 4 years ago now (so I would have been 14...that counts as kid, right?), but that seems so long ago when I look back on it. Obviously there were games before this, but this was just there at the time. I've got some pretty sweet memories of playing this with my little brother, too, so that's always good

Also, I still say it plays better than Raging Blast 1/2 ever did

I'm about to start replaying Uncharted One and Two, to build up hype for upcoming Uncharted Three. I just hope Three will be as epic as Two. It's shaping up to look like it, though.

DragonBall_Z_Budokai_Tenkaichi_3_logo.jpg

Man, I used to play that game all the time! That was my favorite of the series, because of all the new characters and stages. But I can't believe it's been four years now. Good times. Goood times.

When you have the opportunity, it'd be a great game to have in your library. Compared to Invisible War, I believe it has improved a great deal in explorability, depth of immersion, and general combat.

Sweet. Please message me with any other goodness that might promp me to buy it sooner.

I love the sly collection, but i only have it for ps2, i didnt buy the re-do for the ps3 :P still great game, ive never really gotten into R&C, but the games are fun

I used to play r&c nonstop and I still like the series. My fav would have to be up your arsenal. Not entirely sure y though

Warriors Orochi 2 guise

Loved the Dynasty/Samurai Warriors cross-over idea, so I thought I'd give it a try. Its your standard Dynasty/Samurai Warriors gameplay, only with 3 character teams, which is always fun, especially when you get team combos going

I'm actually just started playing this MMO called La Tale.

I'm still a relatively low level... (Level 9 out of 199)

It is a sidescrolling MMORPG like MapleStory. I personally think the art is better.

And the music is by far the most awesome music I've heard in an MMO.

Some gameplay.

PS: The guy in this video is like a level 113 in a level 20~ish instanced dungeon, so yeah I'll probably get destroyed by the boss.

Warriors Orochi 2 guise

Loved the Dynasty/Samurai Warriors cross-over idea, so I thought I'd give it a try. Its your standard Dynasty/Samurai Warriors gameplay, only with 3 character teams, which is always fun, especially when you get team combos going

Ya know theyre actually making dynasty warriors one piece (if you know what one piece is). Sounds interesting but ridiculous at the same time

I rented Catherine from Gamefly.

It is ridiculously difficult.

I borrowed it from a friend, and I got so frustrated with it after only a few hours on Easy difficulty. It's almost as difficult as the freaking Fire Emblem games. For those of you who've never played them, let me tell you, THEY'RE THE MOST DIFFICULT GAMES IN EXISTENCE! I needed that in all caps just to emphasize how hard they are. Actually, Catherine, isn't as hard as them, but it's stillmuch more of a challenge than I'm used to. That's actually a problem I have with games now, they seem to be getting easier. Back in the NES and SNES days, we had games like Battletoads and Silver Surfer which were insanely difficult, and even the easy games of the time would be considered moderately challenging today. It feels like games hold our hands for too long. I like a challenge, but games that are too challenging (like the aforementioned series that I shudder call by its name) are more frustrating than enjoyable. Anyways, Catherine is pretty good, although very, very strange. Still, I'm starting to like Atlus more and more as the days go by. Games like Persona, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Radiant Historia, and Catherine are really standing out to get my attention, and I hope they keep up the good work.

Ya know theyre actually making dynasty warriors one piece (if you know what one piece is). Sounds interesting but ridiculous at the same time
Sounds like a pretty crazy idea

And I'm so cool I was watching One Piece before it was cool...about 8 years ago...then I got bored of it, really quickly

Total War: Shogun 2 is on sale for really cheap right now on Steam. I've wanted that game for a while now, so I'm in the process of buying it. I played the demo and loved it, so I'm really excited right now.

I also plan to rent Gears 3 for a day or two this upcoming week and play it with a few friends of mine. That'll be fun too, I hope. As long as this one doesn't get spoiled for me like Gears 2 did.

Currently playing a game called "Real Life". I'm on the "Sell all your stuff and move to a cheaper place" level.. So much work.

Jokes aside, I do play World of Warcraft for about an hour each day, mainly cause of the Brewfest event and occasionally for some PvP.

Don't really play many games now, hence the real life stuff. Sad, but true :(