ThePieGuy

What game are you playing ATM?

1,150 posts in this topic

I am currently playing castle crashers, just earned the arena master achievement however øn the regular game. I keep running intø cheaters. this ruins the fun for everyone.

I have a little story to tell.

So I felt like trying to 100% complete Super Mario Sunshine last week, because I remember never being able to beat it on my own.
I was doing pretty well to start out, got like 50% of the game done in the first few days, but then things started to slow down later on. Just around last night I had gotten to the point where I only needed to get the blue coins. This is when the game decided to be funny, and proceeded to not load specific blue coins across the levels. I just thought maybe they would eventually spawn, so I left the level and tried others. Everything was fine until I went to Noki Bay, where I was getting the bulk of my missing blue coins. However, one blue coin in a hard to reach place decided to ruin my day. As soon as I collected the blue coin, the game completely crashed. I tried again, and the same result happened. The game crashes as soon as I collect this blue coin. Then it hit me.

After all of this time, I still cannot 100% complete Super Mario Sunshine, because the game refuses to let me.

Why me

I preordered my copy of SMT4 Apocalypse today, now I have to finish SMT4 before Apocalypse comes out. I've never made it past the first dungeon before, so wish me luck

I'm descending further into MonsterHunter/fighting game hell with MHGenerations (which is still holding my attention 2 months after release) and KOFXIV.

KOFXIV is great. There's a story/arcade mode with different cutscenes (actual CG animated cutscenes for some teams, and ending slideshows upon completion), a great trial & tutorial mode, and I hear the netcode is pretty good too (but I haven't had chance to test it yet because no PS+). I can't recommend it to everybody, but for people who were maybe disappointed with the lack of content in SFV, KOFXIV might be what you're looking for.

Edited by Chris

Replaying my game again, gotta say I can't believe I thought that eyebleed of a scrolling background was a good idea.

/watch?v=pUmDPsXCtVc&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Morg

Been playing through Dangan Ronpa Ultra Despair Girls. Gotta say emulating that game is a beast. Controls can be pretty difficult at times. But the story is pretty great and the game isn't too hard anyways so it all works out! Besides that I might take another run into the Disgaea series. I really want to play Disgaea 5 but I know better and am trying to get through the previous games first. On Disgaea 2 right now just started it playing on and off!

I played some Deadbolt on PC yesterday, I don't think I'll finish it but it's a neat game. Everyone saying it feels like "Gunpoint meets Hotline Miami" is 100% correct. Nothing about it feels super ambitious or different though. For $10 it's pretty alright.

I preordered my copy of SMT4 Apocalypse today, now I have to finish SMT4 before Apocalypse comes out. I've never made it past the first dungeon before, so wish me luck

Failing at this real bad lol

I've made it further than I ever have before but I still only just beat the first Domain boss so RIP hopes and dreams

EDIT: I'm at the Minotaur boss now, lord help me

Mario Party 2 is the worst Mario Party game in the franchise. If you like this game, you're lying to yourself. Your nostalgia is clouding your judgement and it's unethical. Mario Party 2 was designed in Hell. I'm dead serious.

I would rather play Bubsy 3D to completion than touch this game again. I would rather subject myself to incredible amounts of torture than play this game again. I would rather feast on the Human Cake than play this game again.

Seriously, you can't even fathom how many times Peach can cheat the star out of you and just defecate all over you. You cannot possibly imagine how upset you are when you lose everything in the duel minigame. You cannot even mentally picture how it feels to never even graze the star. Your friends will pop off and taunt you, and you just have to take it.

If I ever see a Mario Party 2 cartridge, I will destroy it on sight. No questions asked. Even Trash 4 is a more enjoyable experience than this. Bad Rats has nothing on this miserable pile of garbage.

Edited by Morg

Mario Party 2 is the worst Mario Party game in the franchise. If you like this game, you're lying to yourself. Your nostalgia is clouding your judgement and it's unethical. Mario Party 2 was designed in Hell. I'm dead serious.

I would rather play Bubsy 3D to completion than touch this game again. I would rather subject myself to incredible amounts of torture than play this game again. I would rather feast on the Human Cake than play this game again.

Seriously, you can't even fathom how many times Peach can cheat the star out of you and just defecate all over you. You cannot possibly imagine how upset you are when you lose everything in the duel minigame. You cannot even mentally picture how it feels to never even graze the star. Your friends will pop off and taunt you, and you just have to take it.

If I ever see a Mario Party 2 cartridge, I will destroy it on sight. No questions asked. Even Trash 4 is a more enjoyable experience than this. Bad Rats has nothing on this miserable pile of garbage.

All Mario Party games are trash but 3 is the worst I've played (I haven't played 2)

All Mario Party games are trash but 3 is the worst I've played (I haven't played 2)

Back in the days of Blockbuster and Hollywood Video, I used to beg my mom to rent some of the Mario Party games for the Gamecube. As far back as I can remember, I enjoyed playing 6 & 7, but I never really got around to buying them mainly because when I played those, I was a little kid who had no idea how money worked. I probably won't buy them though and I'm not buying another Mario Party game until there's some online multiplayer in there. As much as I hate to say it, I'd much rather waste my money on Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric again than to play another Mario Party game without online multiplayer.

I actually think that Mario Party is amazing, just not the stupid board game thing.

The minigames are really fun, even the ones that are completely luck based (Like that one where you push buttons until Bowser's head explodes). A couple are JUST button mashing, which is kinda sad, but the others are mostly pretty good.

I do, however, think that the stupid, luck-based-balloon, 5-hour-long-balloon, board-game-balloon takes from the luck based mini-games, since it rewards you for winning them more than just saying "You win".

If the game was just minigames then it would be weird, and I can't think of any substitute for it, but I can't think of anything worse than the board game mode. 

I can't believe people actually hate the board game aspect of Mario Party, it's the best part! You gotta realise Mario Party is still a board game in essence, a lot of the game just has to do with pure luck. The mini games are tons of fun, competing is super fun, I absolutely love Mario Party! It's not a game you can take too seriously, and nobody likes a sore loser so just have fun with what you have.

Also personally I've just got the Rare Collection on Xbone and let me tell you that Conker is no wheres near as good as I first heard. Suprisingly awful gameplay (the story and characters are sitll pretty amazing and worth it though).

I bought Mafia 3 and played about 3 hours today. Honestly its super fun I don't know if it will get boring and repetitive like the some of the reviews say, but the story so far is amazing although it is just a revenge story there is a certain way to tell a story that makes it interesting, and Mafia 3 does it well. The gameplay is solid i.e. no input lag, the shooting mechanics are extremely well thought through. The graphics are average for 2016 which I don't mind, personally I have never really looked for how good the graphics are mainly story and gameplay.

I know it has had many problems on PC on release but for me so far the game has worked, couple of FPS drops but I think I am running it higher than I should. Pretty solid release considering some AAA games that have come out recently for PC.

Edited by AdamBRT
Add in some points

I got N++ and Crimzon Clover in the Steam sale so I've been playing those. Crimzon Clover is a pretty solid bullet hell game, especially considering it's going for $2 right now. It's no Cave shooter but definitely worth the money. 

N++ is a nearly perfect game so go buy that. 

I'm trying to 100% Phantom Pain, nearly got S rank on all missions just 1 more to go and then the missions tasks should be easy enough. As well as Overwatch and some other games here and there such as Punch Club. 

Now that I finally have a chance to play some games before classes start again, I've decided to challenge myself to play one new game every day for at least an hour. This started about 3 days ago.

First I played Blazblue Chronophantasma Extend. I was looking forward to playing this one after I bought it during a sale during the semester, but honestly it's not really clicking with me for some reason. I played the tutorials to learn the system and tried maybe half of the characters but absolutely none of the characters really interested me. I'll probably give it a few more chances but I might just pass it up.

Next I played Super House of Dead Ninjas, which was pretty alright. Very fast, pretty easy to learn, and pretty short for one playthrough. I was able to make it through Normal mode in one sitting but it seems like there's plenty more to try if I wanted to. My biggest complaint would be that a lot of the unlocks were tied to kills or deaths or stuff that just requires time investment. Not much opportunity for player agency on that front, just a lot of linear grinding.

Yesterday I tried Killer Is Dead, easily my favorite of the bunch. The game just oozes style, it's very flashy and interesting to look at and it's super fun just to run around slicing up bad dudes and checking out the neat environments. The narrative is just okay, the characters are a little boring in their personalities and plenty of stuff just flat-out doesn't make sense. It's a Suda51 game so I was kind of expecting that but it did a pretty terrible job of introducing the setting and time period. Unless that's supposed to be sort of a mystery? I don't know. Also the game gets away with some pretty gross sexism in its character costumes (the game lets you change all the female characters' outfits into skimpy clothing right from the beginning of the game) and the "Gigolo Missions" which aren't even any good on their own merit. The idea of seducing women so that they give you weapons of mass murder, like a huge drill arm, makes me chuckle though.

Overall the game reminds me a lot of Deadly Premonition but with actually good gameplay and visuals. And no driving. (UPDATE: I spoke too soon, there is driving)

Tonight I'm probably gonna play Strider, might go back to Killer Is Dead for a little bit too. I've also been playing a lot of Shadowverse lately but bleh, I kinda dislike that game the more I play it...

Finishing the Pokedex in Moon and playing Metal Gear Rising again for fun. Good stuff.

On 12/22/2016 at 11:06 PM, GoldenGhost said:

First I played Blazblue Chronophantasma Extend. I was looking forward to playing this one after I bought it during a sale during the semester, but honestly it's not really clicking with me for some reason. I played the tutorials to learn the system and tried maybe half of the characters but absolutely none of the characters really interested me. I'll probably give it a few more chances but I might just pass it up.

I had the same first impressions of Central Fiction, I'm gonna give it another shot now that I've got a new joystick for my arcade stick

I just played a few hours of Resident Evil 7 in VR and it completely sold me on full-length VR games. The VR controls work great for exploration; I would say they aren't very ideal for combat or being chased down a hallway with corners, where you need to turn your head quickly, so that was just a tiny bit annoying. It's so so worth it just for that immersion though. I can't say it enough, horror in VR is surreal! Also I didn't get any disoriented feeling from playing it like I have from a few other VR games.

The gameplay itself is really great too, thank god Capcom did a proper job on this game. Might be a little short judging by how quickly my roommate was able to beat it (~10 hours). I think everyone who enjoys horror games should play this though, this game is a major triumph for VR

On 01/02/2017 at 0:39 PM, GoldenGhost said:

I just played a few hours of Resident Evil 7 in VR and it completely sold me on full-length VR games. The VR controls work great for exploration; I would say they aren't very ideal for combat or being chased down a hallway with corners, where you need to turn your head quickly, so that was just a tiny bit annoying. It's so so worth it just for that immersion though. I can't say it enough, horror in VR is surreal! Also I didn't get any disoriented feeling from playing it like I have from a few other VR games.

The gameplay itself is really great too, thank god Capcom did a proper job on this game. Might be a little short judging by how quickly my roommate was able to beat it (~10 hours). I think everyone who enjoys horror games should play this though, this game is a major triumph for VR

I have yet to try VR because I don't know anyone who's shelled out for a headset yet, but I'm hoping I get to try it soon. Resident Evil 7 sounds like a great game but I'm really bad at first person horror games, even without VR. I'm fine going back to old RE and Silent Hill games (although I've only really played the first SH), but when it comes to first person I'm a total wuss. I only got about half way through Amneisa before I had to call it quits. If I had to play VR horror I think I'd end up having a heart attack or something.

Haven't posted here in a while. Let's see...

I recently played Silent Hill 2 for the first time. It's now my favorite piece of horror by far. It's the only time I've ever felt legitimately scared in my life. Might have something to do with playing at midnight each time with headphones on and lights out. I highly recommend it. Unfortunately, SH1 didn't do it for me and SH3 is taking its time to build up.

I also started Final Fantasy X (International) and am enjoying it quite a bit. It was the last Final Fantasy game that I've been interested in, and now that I can play it, it's pretty great. Can't stand Rikku, though.

I was replaying Skyward Sword recently, and I understand why people hate it, but I also think it gets pretty good after the third dungeon. I haven't beaten it yet but I'll probably beat it by next week.

Along with that I got Afterbirth+, and tried to get it for James but because Steam and probably Nicalis being dumb, you can only gift Afterbirth+ by gifting the whole bundle, which is like $35. Maybe one day, James. Regardless, I only got to the point where I could unlock the newest area once, but because I had the color hud mod installed, it didn't let me unlock it. I'm bad at isaac so that'll probably never happen again. You should all get it, if you already have rebirth/afterbirth. (because then you only have to pay 9.99 or 6.66 or some relative number.) it's difficult, but it's fun.