ThePieGuy

What game are you playing ATM?

Dexide    361

The first Darksiders game is free on XB1 for Gold members, I downloaded it and started it tonight. I mostly got tired pretty early on and had one of my roommates play while I watched (my favorite way to play video games these days tbh). But I was pleasantly surprised and my roommate had played it on PC years ago and said it was better than he remembered. We played for about 4-5 hours. Fun little game.

Ryse and Evolve are both also free this month. Two other games I remember thinking I'd like to play eventually. Pretty good month.

I also just RedBoxed and beat Final Fantasy XV last weekend. Boy that game would have been so great if they finished it.

True213    250

the games with gold this month is pretty damn good. Been playing Strider and Heavy Weapon a lot recently.

• Upvote 1

Chris    1,202

Mass Effect Andromeda. I don't think I've ever played a game so unpolished

• Upvote 1

GoldenGhost    2,058

I'm still playing through Breath of the Wild on the Switch. Everything that needs to be said about that game has already been said, although I don't see enough praise for the environment design in it. I was totally blown away when I realized you can see just about every main objective in the game from the first tower you get to. I'm enjoying every minute I have with the game and I'm glad it's taking me so long to finish it.

14 hours ago, Chris said:

Yikes dude, I feel bad for ya

On 4/13/2017 at 6:11 PM, Bloob said:

Persona 5 y'all

I've been watching my roommate play it, I absolutely love the visual style and the gameplay looks really fun too. It might be the game that pushes me to buy a PS4.

• Upvote 1

Chris    1,202
21 hours ago, GoldenGhost said:

Yikes dude, I feel bad for ya

tbh if I weren't already a fan of the series I don't think I'd be playing it right now. I miss the linear, well designed encounters and tactical depth of the previous games, but running and gunning in the multiplayer horde mode is more engaging this time. Andromeda does have a lot of good content, but to get to that you have to put up with a lot of glitches.

• Upvote 1

Mangle    399
On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:55 AM, Chris said:

Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric. That game is a bugfest, and not a fun one either. :(

• Upvote 1

Morg    1,515

Puyo Puyo Tetris.

That's all you need to know.

• Upvote 1

I've been playing Psychonauts again as of late, trying to see all of the details I missed. I ended up getting one of the few achievements that I missed the last two playthroughs because I forget how much exploring the game wants you to do in between story progress, where you can miss a lot of character development by doing one or two things in the story back-to-back (which is very easy to accidentally do.)

11 hours ago, Hazard said:

Yooka Laylee.

I heard Yooka was pretty meh, polished in some places but god awful in others. I don't know though, I'm not really a big fan of the huge rare collect-a-thon guy so I wouldn't be the one to know if it was good or bad.

GoldenGhost    2,058

I've been playing SMT Nocturne, I'm gonna finally jump into the Persona (3-5) games afterwards.

↓ Screw this guy ↓

smt3-matador.jpg?w=705

• Upvote 1

Bloob    582
On 5/9/2017 at 11:52 PM, GoldenGhost said:

I've been playing SMT Nocturne, I'm gonna finally jump into the Persona (3-5) games afterwards.

P2 is pretty good too, even if it is significantly different from 3-5 (granted, I'm a sucker for late 90s and early 2000s JRPGs). Also, I highly recommend playing 3-5 in their order of release. I want to finish 3 and 4, but going back to them after 5 addresses almost all of my problems with them will be tough. 

Anyway, I'm still playing Persona 5. I'm a little over 50 hours in, and I'm still enjoying it quite a bit. I've got some gripes with the dungeon system, but I've had those since P3. 

I'm trying to decide which fighting game I want to get into next. The only one I'm good at is SoulCalibur, but 5 came out 5 years ago and they still haven't announced a sequel. Tag Tournament was the last Tekken game I really enjoyed, and I have the newest BlazBlue but that series is on its last legs. Street Fighter V feels like active theft with all the DLC, and I'm not very interested in MvC. Both Guilty Gear and KoF's latest versions are coming to Steam soon, so I'll probably go with one of those. (Why am I so picky)

• Upvote 1

Chris    1,202
1 hour ago, Bloob said:

I'm trying to decide which fighting game I want to get into next. The only one I'm good at is SoulCalibur, but 5 came out 5 years ago and they still haven't announced a sequel. Tag Tournament was the last Tekken game I really enjoyed, and I have the newest BlazBlue but that series is on its last legs. Street Fighter V feels like active theft with all the DLC, and I'm not very interested in MvC. Both Guilty Gear and KoF's latest versions are coming to Steam soon, so I'll probably go with one of those. (Why am I so picky)

Play all of them to the point where you can't dedicate enough time to get really good at any one of them individually, like me. You'll end up painfully average at everything, but at least you'll be able to beat your irl friends at anything they think they're good at.

btw SFV has a free multiplayer beta going on this weekend if you have a PS4 & PS+ or a PC good enough to run it. Since its free, it might be worth a shot even if you don't enjoy it by the end. The DLC situation isn't as bad as the internet says it is. The costume DLC is overpriced, just like every other fighting game with costume DLC. Its expensive but you don't need it to play. The character DLC is fairly reasonably priced though imo, and even though I haven't spent any real money on SFV I've still managed to buy 4 of the 8 DLC characters released so far with in-game money, with enough to buy a 5th when I want to.

(but KoFXIV & GGXrdRev are both awesome too so idk man, whatever you pick you'll probably enjoy)

• Upvote 1

Bloob    582
5 hours ago, Chris said:

Play all of them to the point where you can't dedicate enough time to get really good at any one of them individually, like me. You'll end up painfully average at everything, but at least you'll be able to beat your irl friends at anything they think they're good at.

btw SFV has a free multiplayer beta going on this weekend if you have a PS4 & PS+ or a PC good enough to run it. Since its free, it might be worth a shot even if you don't enjoy it by the end. The DLC situation isn't as bad as the internet says it is. The costume DLC is overpriced, just like every other fighting game with costume DLC. Its expensive but you don't need it to play. The character DLC is fairly reasonably priced though imo, and even though I haven't spent any real money on SFV I've still managed to buy 4 of the 8 DLC characters released so far with in-game money, with enough to buy a 5th when I want to.

(but KoFXIV & GGXrdRev are both awesome too so idk man, whatever you pick you'll probably enjoy)

I take it a step further and buy a lot of them and then ignore all of them because I'm playing something else. I finally decided I'll dedicate myself to ONE of them and hope it works out. I might check out SFV this weekend, I was never huge on 4 but EVO always makes Street Fighter look so good

Bloob    582

I briefly couldn't use my consoles so I've been playing Etrian Odyssey 3 on my DS. I've had it for a few years, so I'm glad I finally got around to properly playing it. It's surprisingly engaging even though there's not really any plot and it plays like a SNES game. 

• Upvote 1

Hazard    394

The only video game I have touched in over a month is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe :/

GoldenGhost    2,058

I've been playing The End is Nigh and Nier Automata. I'm not very far in Nier yet (I spent way too much time figuring out how to even get it to run on PC); I just beat the desert area, but I'm very intrigued by the story. I'm at like 93% completion in The End is Nigh and it's been a ton of fun. Everyone compares it to Super Meat Boy, but I'd say that comparison only goes as far as the controls and general themes, the gameplay is actually structured very similarly to VVVVVV.

Also both of these games (Nier and TEiN) have really great soundtracks.

On 6/20/2017 at 5:15 PM, Bloob said:

I briefly couldn't use my consoles so I've been playing Etrian Odyssey 3 on my DS. I've had it for a few years, so I'm glad I finally got around to properly playing it. It's surprisingly engaging even though there's not really any plot and it plays like a SNES game. 

Nice, you played any of the other Etrian Odyssey games? I've only ever been able to play demos for a few of them but they were all super fun.

JaredLee    1

I just started playing Final Fantasy XIV. I wish I had more time for games these days, because I really love the world, and I want to get to the Stormblood stuff.

I'm also playing Injustice 2, which is great. I really wish more games had the unlockable breadth that this one does. I suck at fighting games, so it gives me something to do other than be miserable online.

I recently had to buy Overwatch for the second time. I had been on PS4, but for work reasons, I needed it for PC. It's a good game, but the community is getting too salty for my taste.

• Upvote 1

Bloob    582
12 hours ago, GoldenGhost said:

I've been playing The End is Nigh and Nier Automata. I'm not very far in Nier yet (I spent way too much time figuring out how to even get it to run on PC); I just beat the desert area, but I'm very intrigued by the story. I'm at like 93% completion in The End is Nigh and it's been a ton of fun. Everyone compares it to Super Meat Boy, but I'd say that comparison only goes as far as the controls and general themes, the gameplay is actually structured very similarly to VVVVVV.

Also both of these games (Nier and TEiN) have really great soundtracks.

Nice, you played any of the other Etrian Odyssey games? I've only ever been able to play demos for a few of them but they were all super fun.

This is the only one in the series I've played, but I'm finally getting a 3DS when the New 2DS XL comes out. I'll definitely pick up 5 when it comes out and maybe a couple of others in the series. 

Chris    1,202
10 hours ago, JaredLee said:

I just started playing Final Fantasy XIV. I wish I had more time for games these days, because I really love the world, and I want to get to the Stormblood stuff.

I've recently gotten back into FFXIV a little. I try not to get too engrossed in MMORPGs though since I have gone a little overboard with them before. I tend to play it casually in the evenings to relax a little before bed.

As for other games, I've been playing Castlevania Aria of Sorrow and Hatsune Miku Project Diva Future Tone. AoS is my first Castlevania since beating Super Castlevania IV a few years ago and I'm really enjoying it. Can't wait to beat it and try out SotN next. Project Diva FT is a pretty good rhythm game. Extreme difficulty is tough, but I'll get there eventually. Maybe I'll be able to clear this song one day...

Bloob    582
7 hours ago, Chris said:

I've recently gotten back into FFXIV a little. I try not to get too engrossed in MMORPGs though since I have gone a little overboard with them before. I tend to play it casually in the evenings to relax a little before bed.

As for other games, I've been playing Castlevania Aria of Sorrow and Hatsune Miku Project Diva Future Tone. AoS is my first Castlevania since beating Super Castlevania IV a few years ago and I'm really enjoying it. Can't wait to beat it and try out SotN next. Project Diva FT is a pretty good rhythm game. Extreme difficulty is tough, but I'll get there eventually. Maybe I'll be able to clear this song one day...

Reveal hidden contents

Aria of Sorrow is one of my favorite games. Keep mind that there are multiple endings so if you get one that feels off you might want to look at a guide or something. 

Chris    1,202
1 hour ago, Bloob said:

Aria of Sorrow is one of my favorite games. Keep mind that there are multiple endings so if you get one that feels off you might want to look at a guide or something. 

I can definitely understand why its one of your favourites, the game is pretty damn great for a handheld title. Thanks for the heads-up about the ending, I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for anything that might alter it.

Morg    1,515

I've been on a Kingdom Hearts kick for at least 2 months now in anticipation of KH3. I got the platinum trophy for KH2 and DDD, working on BbS but the black coat refuses me a single victory. It's like trying to win the lottery, I swear.