• Announcements

• megan

New Registrations can now post threads with mod approval   02/08/2017

Just updated the permission settings so New Registrations can post threads in all forums that Members can -- but the first 3 posts/threads will still need to be approved by a Moderator before being upgraded to Member status. Member status = ability to post without going through Approval Queue, ability to change profile and edit signatures, ability to us the Private Messaging system.    As a reminder, this Approval Queue is put into place to prevent spammers from coming in and dropping harmful or offensive messages & links all over the place.    Please note that the moderators will do their best to approve as quickly as possible, but it may take a day or two during busy times. Multiple posts with the same information will be deleted and will not count towards the 3 posts, so please be patient and we'll get to your posts ASAP. Thanks!   Also, as a new member of our community, please feel free to introduce yourself to everyone in this thread:  Welcome to the Behemoth Forums! <3 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
maxtuskyman

No "PWNED" on iOS

3 posts in this topic

Hey I loved super soviet missile mastar on alien hominid and I was exited when it came to the iPhone. But I was wondering, why did you get rid off the pwned at the en off each section? That was one of the funniest parts!

i think we felt like this reference was a little outdated.

i sometimes ponder the history of that word. i had heard it started from a typo coming out of Blizzard's original Warcraft, yet there are many claims of where it originally came from. some claim it came from chess, others from shorthand for password (pwd), some claim a counterstrike tournament, the list goes on..

It is from the mistype on WoW. And I know you guys are busy with Battle Block Theater and the Purple Knight for PS3, but maybe put an option on it so the player can choose "PWNED" or not. I know it is probably a lot of work for something so stupid, but it just brings back memories...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0