• Announcements

• emil

Forum Update!   09/27/2016

Hi Everyone!   We've just updated our forum so you might notice some changes here and there. For the most part it should work the same as it always has with the exception of some new features and design changes. If you see any issues, just click the orange 'Support' button floating at the bottom of the page and let us know.    Thanks!  
    • emil

Pit People Steam Beta   09/27/2016

We’ve just started sending out Pit People Steam Beta Invites! If you haven’t signed up for the closed beta, you can still register by October 3rd. Beta Keys will be sent out on September 28th!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Cronnicossy

Think there will be a Level Creator?

45 posts in this topic

I mean, the games Block layout seems easy enough to work with.

Why NOT have one?

Besides, all this Delay and still no release date only leads me to assume that these are features they are working on. (Or something...)

Even if it is limited, or nerfed in some way, idc. I want to make some Levels.

WHO's WITH ME?

So what do you think?

Well, just for the record, "easy to work with" is not the same as "easy to create." For all we know, an editor mode could take an immense amount of time for The Behemoth to put together.

Not to say a level editor is unlikely. I'm hoping for one, too. :D I don't work for The Behemoth, though, so I don't know any official info about the subject. I do know that if you cross your fingers hard enough, that maybe a dimensional rift will open up and give them enough time to put one together. I think that's how Uncharted 3 came to be, actually.

Well, just for the record, "easy to work with" is not the same as "easy to create." For all we know, an editor mode could take an immense amount of time for The Behemoth to put together.

Not to say a level editor is unlikely. I'm hoping for one, too. :D I don't work for The Behemoth, though, so I don't know any official info about the subject. I do know that if you cross your fingers hard enough, that maybe a dimensional rift will open up and give them enough time to put one together. I think that's how Uncharted 3 came to be, actually.

I was reading a dev blog (not behemoth's) and the developer was talking about how he wanted to add a level editor to his game. Well even though the level editor system was fairly simple and basic, it pushed back the game a few months and the game had to be re-coded three times. He didn't go into much detail on what he had to do specifically, but I think that should support your argument.

I didn't mean Easy to work with for Behemoth, I meant the players.

Implying that a Level Editor in the players view would be rather Simple.

Ofcourse, yeah It can still take a while for the Behemoth. Considering people are gonna want to share levels, use online, use all the Gametypes (Soccer, Soul, Co-op).

Although once they do it...

If they do it. . .

THE WAIT WILL BE WORTH IT.

I think it is very possible to have a level creator for this kind of game.

In fact, I would absolutely adore a level creator for this game.

The problem being that The Behemoth tends to work slowly, so I'm having doubts about it actually happening.

If they don't announce it, they probably won't include it.

But you never know.

So yes, I would be absolutely delighted to have a level creator.

Let's hope for it.

If this game has a level creator and then with it you could easily go and play other people's levels, then BBT can have so much replayability. It is actually pretty interesting as BBT is based off of the PDA games from Alien Hominid, and in the GC versions of it you could make your own levels in it. With how the layouts look and such I can see level creation being possible in this game though of course in the end we might not see. With all the different modes and such, making such a thing could be hard to doing all the possible things people can do with one. It would be cool to see in the end though.

If this game has a level creator and then with it you could easily go and play other people's levels, then BBT can have so much replayability. It is actually pretty interesting as BBT is based off of the PDA games from Alien Hominid, and in the GC versions of it you could make your own levels in it. With how the layouts look and such I can see level creation being possible in this game though of course in the end we might not see. With all the different modes and such, making such a thing could be hard to doing all the possible things people can do with one. It would be cool to see in the end though.

I didn't know the Gamecube version had a level editor. I thought it was hopeless thinking they'd make on, but now I have a little more hope.

a level editor would be a good addition to an already great game, but some things would need to be taken out. Like the emeralds and yarn because undoubtedly people would make levels just for emeral and yarn farming

Not if you have a level-submission system, so it would have to be approved. Also, it would probably be limited to the seven gems and one yarn, and only be able to collect them once. OR the gems wouldn't count towards your balance.

Or maybe there are certain prisoners you can unlock with gems collected in online levels only. Just a thought.

That would be s cool system. I really just think that an editor is a must. As fun as I know BBT will be, the levels will eventually grow tiring for the most persistent of us, and a level editor will kepp things fresh forever.

IF a level creator is implemented, IF it is, then hope to GOD it's not as lackluster as the level creator in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It's great to make levels, but such limitations make it a less enjoyable experience overall. I hath faith in Thy Behemoth that they shath creatith a decentith level creator...ith...IF!

oh god, the level creator in Super smash bros made me cringe (Shivers). now i am not asking for a FORGE mode here but boy id have to agree a level editor would make a level 9 game a 10.

Take Trials Evolution for example, that game would not be nearly as hyped or praised if t wasn't for its level creator. Putting on in bbt will just make the game that much better.

I think they'd have announced it already if they were planning on having an editor in the game, but it sure is something to hope for. It fits the game quite good from what I've seen of it.

if they're gonna do it they'll need one important feature

before you submit the level you have to beat it yourself.

personally i think it would be fun but its kind of unlikely just because it could be very confusing in Xbox format computer versions are easy in my opinion but thats because there mostly flash games that are super easy

personally i think it would be fun but its kind of unlikely just because it could be very confusing in Xbox format computer versions are easy in my opinion but thats because there mostly flash games that are super easy

Your logic makes no sense

is it just me or does anyone else think that having a level creator thingy would kinda make the game weirdish :?::?: :?::?:

is it just me or does anyone else think that having a level creator thingy would kinda make the game weirdish :?::?: :?::?:

It's just you.

It's just you.

Agreed.

think how fun it would be if they cam out with like block DLC for free where it added a bunch of block types! or like my dream:

a field goal block

and then you get shoulder pads or something as a weapon and it allows you to make people fly and you try to knock either a ball or a player through a field goal!

^dont know if im joking or not....

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0