• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
    • megan

FALL SALE! 25% OFF select merch   10/16/2017

Time to stock up on all of our autumn appropriate threads and accessories!

From now thru October 22, 2017 (11:59PM PST), we’ve got sweatshirts and warm plush hats on sale at 25% OFF in our online store! There are also a few other rad items like the Behemoth scarf, skate decks, and the Hatty tissue box cover on sale.

See the full list of Fall items here: FALL SALE

Great Hatty screwed up my lvl 69. Orange Knight! In my stats it says Hatty is lvl 69 but he is not in player selection screen. I read these tips just now, i have failed myself..

I have entered the world map so I probably have lost all my data and there's nothing they can do about it? That's my fault? Behemoth don't care about players, I have to presume so.

I have loved playing Castle Crashers, but now i feel disappointed with Behemoth, seems this is not a serious company.

Just lost all my data, is it too much to ask developers to thoroughly test this stuff? I won't be investing any more time in your games thank you.

i'm with you. Never going to support this company again.

thanks ill keep it in mind if it occurs to me or any of my friends.  Thanks:D

I posted over 7 times or so and only 2 got approved? Lmfao. This is seriously a joke. I am going to do what ever I can to complain because this is dumb. Behemoth does not care for customers at all, if they did, they would have made their game right.

@LunaDank, Delete your DLC, and re-download it. If that doesn't work, delete your profile and re-download your profile and then try re-downloading your DLC.

Edited by ThePunisher

I posted over 7 times or so and only 2 got approved? Lmfao. This is seriously a joke. I am going to do what ever I can to complain because this is dumb. Behemoth does not care for customers at all, if they did, they would have made their game right.

@LunaDank, Delete you DLC, and re-download it. If that doesn't work, delete your profile and re-download your profile and then try re-downloading your DLC.

You had multiple posts with the same message. Only 2 of your posts were approved because we're avoiding double posts in the forums and your posts should remain relevant to the topic of the thread. Please check out the community rules here:

http://forums.thebehemoth.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Can Behemoth even do anything to restore my data? Put out another update and give it back like last time? Because if they cannot do anything that just proves that their company is waste of time and no one should invest time or money into their games if their games will just erase your data by itself. For a forums ''site'' you admins don't seem too supportive, you're too worried about double posting? Lmfao. What a joke.

Can Behemoth even do anything to restore my data? Put out another update and give it back like last time? Because if they cannot do anything that just proves that their company is waste of time and no one should invest time or money into their games if their games will just erase your data by itself. For a forums ''site'' you admins don't seem too supportive, you're too worried about double posting? Lmfao. What a joke.

I understand you're upset about losing your data, but it'd be nice if you calmed down about the situation.  The Behemoth is not to blame for this, in my opinion, due to the fact that saves are on your profile.  This makes it easier to play at another friend's house with your data without having to transfer all of the saves manually.  Syncing isn't perfect, and that's why you should always double check before starting up your game.  You writing off an entire company because of one glitch is a little hot-headed.  They have fixed the game many of times over the years, such as making the game fair by getting rid of the 256 level glitch.  They care about the customers, and name-calling won't get  you very far.  Again, I understand you're angry, but what's done is done, and learning to accept that can help you move on.

• Upvote 1

i lost my saved file on pc...how can i put it back to normal???(i know this question is out position but i can't create another topic)

Just lost all my data, is it too much to ask developers to thoroughly test this stuff? I won't be investing any more time in your games thank you.

i lost my data of castle crasher on pc...and i don't know how to fix it...but i don't say things like "I won't be investing any more time in your games"...u.u

For some stupid reason, I "cannot start a new topic" despite registering a username and validating my email, so I guess I'll post this here:

I downloaded Castle Crashers for Xbox 360 yesterday. Played for a couple hours, then turned off the console. When I woke up today and tried to open the game, nothing happened. The screen goes to black and never loads the game. I can successfully open the home window by pressing the Xbox button, but when I select anything that would quit the game (i.e. "Xbox Dashboard" or "System Video Player," the console freezes entirely.

I've tried deleting and re-downloading the game twice now, but the same thing is happening every time. I'd love to keep playing this game, but I'm a little POed that I just spent $15 on a broken game. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

My daughter just lost all her game progress, which led me here.  I found a similar "fix" post dating back to 2008 -- to still sell a product with such a long-standing unremedied issue is lame, and a mark against this company.

For some stupid reason, I "cannot start a new topic" despite registering a username and validating my email, so I guess I'll post this here:

I downloaded Castle Crashers for Xbox 360 yesterday. Played for a couple hours, then turned off the console. When I woke up today and tried to open the game, nothing happened. The screen goes to black and never loads the game. I can successfully open the home window by pressing the Xbox button, but when I select anything that would quit the game (i.e. "Xbox Dashboard" or "System Video Player," the console freezes entirely.

I've tried deleting and re-downloading the game twice now, but the same thing is happening every time. I'd love to keep playing this game, but I'm a little POed that I just spent $15 on a broken game. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

That's extremely strange. Maybe it's taking a long time to start up? I suggest unplugging your power brick and plugging it in again after 10 seconds. That's really all I've got.

I really need some help here with recovering my data (As you can tell by my name)

Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated.... Here is a little background:

My brother and I owned a console and we both had X-Box Live accounts. I played this game for a very long time and leveled my ice knight to lvl 97, among achieving all other unlockable characters, weapons, pets, and dlc etc...

However, my brother bought his own console and proceeded to transfer all the data. I don't know what he did, all I know are a few key things about the data:

The original console has both our profiles but the game is no longer on it, so I can't play it there. My brother's console has both of our accounts and the game as well and all of HIS data. However, whenever I log into my account on his console and go to play the game, it registers it as a DEMO. Strangely, whenever he logs in and plays it, it is the FULL VERSION. BUT, my data is not lost, thank goodness. If I log into his account and go to the game first, then I log out and log into mine, miraculously my data will appear along with it registering it as being the full game and not just the demo.

What I don't understand is that the game seems to be registered to his account, which is insane, so even though I have my data and achievements still, I cannot play the game unless he logs in to the main menu first. I have not entered the map screen or bought the game on my console for fear of losing the precarious data permanently.

In essence:

My account is no longer registered to have the game, as bizarre as it sounds, yet all of the data remains in limbo. All of the data is hidden and can only be retrieved by logging in to my brothers account, going to the game menu, then logging into mine to register that I own the game, and thus, my data is retrieved. So, will buying the game on my console fix this issue, so that my account is registered to own the game? I'm really worried that this will ruin the data. How could my data be linked to my brothers account?

Please help and sorry if I posted this in the wrong place or did anything wrong. I just want to fix this....

This has to do with the xbox license of the game.  It's registered to your brother's account on his console.  If you transfer accounts between different consoles you'll sometimes have that issue because licenses are also attached to consoles and not just profiles, requiring both in order to work properly.  Things that may help will be to have your brother redownload the game and set his console as your home console (you can only do this 3x a year).  Buying the game on your account will also fix this issue so long as your license and home console are the same.  You won't lose any data.  The link below may also help.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Legal/Usage-Rules       

• Upvote 1

You should post this on steam; your knowledge could help many people.

Of course the unfortunate problem is that far too often the majority of people will only look for these guides after losing all their data once. Nevertheless you should still put this on steam just because it'd help many people

I understand you're upset about losing your data, but it'd be nice if you calmed down about the situation.  The Behemoth is not to blame for this, in my opinion, due to the fact that saves are on your profile.  This makes it easier to play at another friend's house with your data without having to transfer all of the saves manually.  Syncing isn't perfect, and that's why you should always double check before starting up your game.  You writing off an entire company because of one glitch is a little hot-headed.  They have fixed the game many of times over the years, such as making the game fair by getting rid of the 256 level glitch.  They care about the customers, and name-calling won't get  you very far.  Again, I understand you're angry, but what's done is done, and learning to accept that can help you move on.

Wow.  This goof from years ago is still a thing?

It's their fault for choosing that metadata morass of a profile to store the game data.  Too many hands in that cookie jar, and eventually, things get borked, and when you get your profile from XBL, it doesn't contain everything it used to.  GBX had issues too, when they chose to use the XBL profile to store BA-rank and other data, in Borderlands 2.  A lot of people lost data there as well.  They learned their lesson with Borderlands TPS.

I know I'm replying to a post over a year old.  It's still recent to me, because I haven't been here for years.

Hi, I recently bought CC on Steam. I have a previous save file (cc_save.dat) that I got playing from a friend's account long time ago. I would like to import it in my new profile, is it possible? I copy-paste the file in 'C:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\[uSERID]\204360\remote' but nothing happens.

Please help, thanks!

I went to this page too late, I went to online and i saw all my characters were level 1 and I only had the first 4 characters. I guess I lost all of my progress when I went passed the character select page. When I check the leaderboards it still says that my industrialist is still level 54 so if I could get my progress back, that would be great. My ps3 account is WORLD_OF_DOOM_ I'm currently rank 126184.