Sign in to follow this  
PinkKnight

The Cc Multiplatform Suggestions Thread

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which platform would you like to see Castle Crashers on?

• Wii / Wii U
    • Nintendo DS / 3DS
    • PSP / Vita
    • iOS
    • Atari 2600
    • Other
    • PS4 / Xbox 720

pie75iscool    0

yeah i'd also like castle crashers to be on pc I've only played it twice but i love it and i can't get it unless its on pc because my dad hates games and he said two consoles and apc is enough so i'm not gonna get a xbox 360 or ps3 unless i get rid of my original xbox and even then i probably won't get a 360 or ps3

disgaea_999    0

Really Don't Think They Will Do This. Mainly Because Alot Of Peopl Will Just Steal It And Just Give It Away For Free. They Will Keep It On the Xbox360 And Ps3. To Avoid People Taking There Game And Giveing It Away.

Froh    0

Please, don't use this lame excuse. Xbox & PS3 are both hackable and can run stolen games either.

Maybe they just don't want to work on the pc version because they thik it won't sell that well (or it won't worth the time), but all the "pirate" thingy is just silly now.

We have Bastion, Dungeon Defenders, Super Meat Boy and a lot of others great indie games that proved to have been sold better on the PC than their console version. Why not this one ? I want thebehemoth to be succesful, so yeah I'll buy it again if it comes to PC (on steam, DRM free or any other platform).

T Diamond    281

Please, don't use this lame excuse. Xbox & PS3 are both hackable and can run stolen games either.

Maybe they just don't want to work on the pc version because they thik it won't sell that well (or it won't worth the time), but all the "pirate" thingy is just silly now.

We have Bastion, Dungeon Defenders, Super Meat Boy and a lot of others great indie games that proved to have been sold better on the PC than their console version. Why not this one ? I want thebehemoth to be succesful, so yeah I'll buy it again if it comes to PC (on steam, DRM free or any other platform).

I find it ironic that in the past people have tried to defend it with these exact same points. And Dan has said that those points are invalid and do not help the argument for their games on PC.

Also this has been discussed far too many times, can a mod please lock this?

FakeMessiah    0

But those points are completely valid. How would the sales affecting other popular Xbox live arcade games not apply to Castle Crashers?

This is a video made buy TotalBiscuit explaining why he believed Dark Souls should be ported to PC. I believe a lot of these points would also be applied to Castle Crashers. As someone who would buy this game if it came on PC, just thought I'd throw in my Two cents.

I also don't see the point of having to need a mod to close a thread if it's a common subject. If there's such demand for it, should it not be voiced?

morventhus    1

i say they should just do a kickstarter... to see if its even worth bringing.... if they make it your choice of drm-free / steam.... like alot of games are doing im sure it would be a huge hit

• Upvote 1

SushiGummy    394

So, imagine this: it's just an ordinary day, you're sitting around playing Castle Crashers, beating up bears with a giant leaf and finding new ways to incorporate shovel combat into your attack combos. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, a wave of inspiration hits you and you suddenly think to yourself, "Holy baloney! This fancy medieval simulator should also be available on [insert your gaming platform of choice here]!"

Well, it turns out this thought you thought is thought up three times a second, and four out of those three times, the person thinking such a thought will come to these forums and make a new thread for it. The result? We get about half a billion threads per minute asking for The Behemoth to port Castle Crashers onto the Wii, Steam, Vita, 3DS, and Atari 2600.

Frankly, the forums are getting quite cluttered with threads like this, and we Moderators are scared to lock these threads, because it means the nightmares will return. So instead, we've decided to create this thread for General Castle Crashers Porting Discussion. Tell us which console you've always wanted to see Castle Crashers on and why!

JUST A COUPLE THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE POSTING THOUGH:

• While, in the perfect world, Castle Crashers would be available on all platforms, this is unfortunately much easier said than done. The Behemoth is limited in time and resources, so it is unknown when/if porting would actually happen.
  • The only platforms Castle Crashers is currently available on are XBLA, PSN, and Steam, and The Behemoth has not announced any further plans for ports.
  • Keep the discussion friendly! Every gaming platform is pretty delicious, so if you plan on using this thread to push your hateful attitudes on anybody who disagrees with you, you will swiftly be asked to stop, followed by maybe a stern look. We all love Castle Crashers here, no need to get the hate train rolling.

console_friends_2.JPG

• Upvote 1

Splufay    60

So while I was reading this I was thinking to myself the whole time 'omgomg i'm gonna be so freaking hilarious when i comment saying that i would enjoy playing the game on atari 2600' only to find that it was already included in the polls.

...still voting for it, though

Zephyr    324

I voted Other, because I want CC on my Gameboy SP.

I need to get with the times... and the technology.

scarabix    250

I'd say steam would be more a priority because then we could get promotional castle crashers hats!*

But really, the more the merrier.

FEL    184

I know it'll never happen, but if I could choose which platform to have it on, I'd pick DS. I need more games for my DS, and it seems like it'd be a nice game to have when I travel. For the record, it'd control really well.

but having it on the atari 2600 would be fabulous

True213    250

All the systems. But it seems Behemoth only wants to do systems that have HD capabilities. They probably would do 3DS if it wasn't so expensive to make.

All the systems. But it seems Behemoth only wants to do systems that have HD capabilities. They probably would do 3DS if it wasn't so expensive to make.

Stupid money...and it's stupid stupidness...*grumble grumble grumble*...

T Diamond    281

Why not bring Castle Crashers to steam? VAC would protect it a lot, and it would give it server hosting. I for one would LOVE to see this game on there.

They have so little manpower as it is. From what I hear, going to a couple conventions a year and BBT is eating nearly all their time as it is. In other game companies, the usual thing to do when porting something is to divide your staff. One section works on one part, and the other section works on the main focus, in this case BBT. However, they do not have the staff to divide at a good pace that'll keep both projects at a steady pace. The best you can hope for is a while after BBT, they'll decide to dedicate the time and effort to it. However, besides the occasional DLC, it seems to me that the behemoth has moved on from Castle Crashers. They still show it love every once in a while (they also show Alien Hominid some love too), but it seems like they're trying to go past Castle Crashers. Quite frankly I can't blame them. I wouldn't want my company to be known for mostly just one game.

Of course, this is all based on heresay and I'm not a behemoth staff member, let alone someone who controls their products. So I guess it could happen. Of course, I wouldn't count on it.

T Diamond    281

I need it for the NES. I haven't touched that thing in a while and I need a reason to pull it out, blow into the cartridge and get playing.

In all seriousness though, a 3DS make would be cool. It has all the necessary buttons, (well "Select" will probably have to be to switch through items) and the 3D effect could be a nice touch to make the up and down of the side scrolling classic beat em up style levels look cool. That and I could take my Castle Crashers on the go. It's just too bad that it's been said that 3d games are very expensive to make, and I don't have a 3DS to play it on.